Nairobi's BEST Executive Stay? Best Western's Hidden Gem!

Nairobi's BEST Executive Stay? Best Western's Hidden Gem!
Okay, buckle up, because we're diving headfirst into the jungle of Nairobi hotel reviews, and this time, it's the Best Western's "Hidden Gem" (which, let's be honest, is a little too on the nose, right? "Hidden" is the whole point!). I’m going to be brutally, wonderfully, messily honest with you. Forget the polished brochures; this is the raw truth, seasoned with a healthy dose of jaded traveler and a whole lotta caffeine.
First Impressions: The Gatekeeper and the Giggles
Accessibility? Okay, starting strong. Best Western is usually on point with this. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did check it just in case I have to one day. I saw elevators, and ramps, so yes, Wheelchair accessible. The Front desk [24-hour] is a lifesaver, especially when your flight gets delayed and you arrive at some ungodly hour. And the Check-in/out [express] option? Bless! After a long flight, I don't need small talk; I need a bed. The Doorman was a polite, well-dressed gentleman, which is always a great initial impression.
The Rooms: My Little Sanctuary (and a Slight Carpeting Obsession)
Alright, let's talk rooms. Okay, okay, the Air conditioning was a godsend. Nairobi heat is no joke. Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms! Finally! No more hunting for a decent signal like a digital scavenger. And yes, there was Internet access – wireless also, because, choice is good! Now, the Additional toilet, the Bathtub, a Seating area, oh and, yes, Daily housekeeping. All the usual suspects, but done well. More important detail. The Closet was spacious, which is a bigger deal than you think. And the Ironing facilities? Don't laugh. Crumpled clothes make you look like you slept in them (which, let's be honest, sometimes you do). The Smoke detector made me feel safe, but I don't like smoking. I did, however, find the Alarm clock a little annoying. Seriously now, who uses those anymore? Most of us have cellphones!
One thing that stood out? The Blackout curtains. I’m a light sleeper, so these were ESSENTIAL. Essential, because honestly, I need every possible advantage when I'm trying to get some shut-eye after a long flight. Also, the Laptop workspace was comfortable, and the desk was well-lit, which makes a huge difference when you're trying to catch up on emails. And honestly, the Carpeting was so clean! I know I went on and on about the closet space, but I was kind of glad because the carpet. It was fluffy and comfortable to walk on.
The Food Fight: Buffet Battles and the Elusive Perfect Coffee
Alright, let's be real. Food in hotels can be a gamble. Restaurants, a la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. This place is ready for business. I mean, the sheer volume of options is overwhelming. The Breakfast [buffet]. The biggest advantage is that you get Breakfast service which is good. The bad news? The buffet can be a bit of a free-for-all. I saw some serious plate-stacking going on. I mean, people were building food pyramids. Honestly, the coffee was… decent. Not the heavenly brew I crave, but passable. They did have a Coffee/tea in restaurant, so it was there. The Asian cuisine in restaurant was good, and they had Desserts in restaurant, so more to enjoy.
I even tried the Poolside bar. So, I ordered a cocktail, and sat by the pool. The pool had a great Pool with view. Honestly, it was just the peace and quiet I needed.
Relaxation Station: Spa Day Dreams and Fitness Center Realities
Okay, let's talk about unwinding. Apparently, there's a Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and Sauna. Fine. I didn't actually partake. I’m a massage person, and for this trip, I skipped the Massage, I could have tried the Foot bath or the Body scrub and Body wrap.
The Fitness center. It had Gym/fitness… so it's there. Because I’m being honest, I skipped it entirely. My idea of exercise is chasing a taxi in rush hour. So, yeah. Not my forte.
The Extras: Gimmicks and Gems
- Okay, let's get to the practical stuff.* Internet [LAN]… It's there, technically. But really, who uses a LAN cable in 2024? Wi-Fi in public areas was reliable, so that’s a win.
- Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Staff trained in safety protocol… Great, good! All standard these days. Makes you feel safe, which is a huge plus.
- Doctor/nurse on call is a great touch. Comforting to know it's there, even if you don't need it.
- Convenience store? Always a good idea for a quick snack or forgotten toothbrush.
- Car park [free of charge]. Score! No extra parking fees.
- Currency exchange – handy, but rates may not be the best.
- Food delivery – another win! Especially after a very long day.
- Laundry service and Dry cleaning : perfect, especially I was there in the middle of a trip!
- Meeting/banquet facilities and Meetings exist, good for business travelers.
- Cashless payment service. Great for avoiding awkward currency conversions.
- Luggage storage is always useful if you arrive early or leave late.
- Pets allowed unavailable – understandable, not a deal-breaker for me, but worth noting.
The Cleanliness and Safety Dance: A Scorecard
- Anti-viral cleaning products – Check.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing – Double-check.
- Individually-wrapped food options – Standard, and preferred.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter – Mostly observed.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services – Present.
- Room sanitization opt-out available – Appreciated.
- Safe dining setup – Felt safe.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items – Definitely.
- Shared stationery removed – Smart!
- CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], and Smoke alarms. – All the things!
For the Kids: Babysitting Service and Family-Friendliness
Family/child friendly… the hotel has a Kids meal, which I would highly rate! I didn't have a need for Babysitting service, so I cannot review it, but it's an option!
The Verdict: Is this the "BEST" executive stay?
Well, that depends on your definition of "best." This isn't a glitzy, over-the-top luxury palace. It’s a solid, reliable, comfortable, and CLEAN hotel, ideal for business travelers, and those who just want a no-fuss, relaxing stay. I would go back. The staff were consistently friendly and helpful, and the rooms were well-maintained. If you're looking for a place where you can relax, get some work done, and feel safe and comfortable, then Best Western's "Hidden Gem" is definitely worth considering.
Now, for the hard sell (because I'm an honest reviewer, not a used car salesman!)
The Ultimate Nairobi Executive Getaway – Best Western's Hidden Gem!
Tired of the same old Nairobi hotel routine? Craving a stay that's clean, comfortable, and actually works? Then, I'm here to help! Book your stay at Best Western's "Hidden Gem" and experience Nairobi like a pro.
- Here's what you get:
- Unbeatable Comfort: Spacious, well-appointed rooms with those heavenly blackout curtains, free Wi-Fi and everything else that actually matters.
- Relaxation Reimagined: Soothe your soul with a blissful pool experience, or treat yourself to a spa!
- Convenience at Your Fingertips: 24/7 room service, a fantastic restaurant, and the most helpful staff in Nairobi.
- Safety First: The best in sanitization standards, and a feeling of security that lets you truly unwind.

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, 'cause this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. We're going to Nairobi, baby! And trust me, it's gonna be a rollercoaster. I'm talking about the kind that leaves you breathless, slightly disoriented, and craving a cold Tusker. This is the Executive Residency by Best Western Nairobi, and my brain is already buzzing with a chaotic mix of "OMG KENYA!" and "Did I pack enough toilet paper?" Let's get this mess started:
Day 1: Arrival - Jet Lag and the Great Kenyan Embrace
- Morning (6:00 AM -ish): Arrive at JKIA (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport). Right, first hurdle: actually getting there. The flight was a blur of dry airplane food, questionable in-flight entertainment, and a desperate attempt to sleep. My neck is killing me. And the guy in the window seat kept hogging the armrest. Ugh! Customs: hopefully, I can avoid the "random security check" this time. I have a feeling, I can't.
- Expectation: Smooth entry. Reality: Delayed, sweaty queue, and the feeling like I'm doing something wrong.
- Morning (8:00 AM-ish): Transfer to Executive Residency. Finding a reputable taxi (and haggling the price down – this is essential!) is a mission in itself. The drive into Nairobi is… well, it's an experience. The traffic! The vibrant chaos! The sheer number of people! I see so much, so fast.
- Anecdote: During the drive, my taxi driver pointed out something. He said "Welcome home".
- Late Morning (10:00 AM-ish): Check into the Executive Residency. The lobby looks… well, nice. It's clean, it's air-conditioned. Thank god. The room better have good wifi. I need to tell everyone I'm alive.
- Imperfection: Still slightly disoriented. Jet lag is a beast. I'm pretty sure I nearly collapsed in the lobby.
- Quirky Observation: The welcome drink is… a bit sweet. But hey, free sugar, right?
- Afternoon (12:00 PM-ish): Lunch at the hotel restaurant. Probably something safe and familiar. I'm not quite brave enough to dive headfirst into authentic Kenyan cuisine yet. Baby steps.
- Emotional Reaction: Mild relief that the food is edible. And the view from the window is amazing.
- Early Afternoon (2:00 PM-ish): Nap. A long, glorious nap. Jet lag is a cruel mistress.
- Rambling Thought: Did I remember to set an alarm? I have no idea. Time is a construct…or is it?
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM-ish): Gentle exploration of the surrounding area. Maybe find a small shop, buy some water, and maybe, just maybe, some Kenyan coffee. I'm praying for good coffee. So very hard.
- Opinionated Language: I need good coffee. Hotel coffee is generally a crime against humanity.
- Evening (7:00 PM-ish): Dinner. Possibly back at the hotel, probably something easy. I'm thinking, a burger. Or some pasta. I'm not sure.
- Emotional Reaction: A growing sense of wonder and a healthy dose of apprehension. This is going to be an adventure.
- Evening (9:00 PM-ish): Collapse into bed.
Day 2: Nairobi National Park - Lions, Oh My! – And The Messy Reality
- Morning (6:00 AM-ish): Rise and shine (or, more accurately, drag myself out of bed). Coffee is a must, even if it's mediocre.
- Imperfection: My watch is still on the wrong time zone. I think. Seriously, is it morning…or not?
- Morning (7:00 AM-ish): Early morning safari in Nairobi National Park. This is the main event! Organized a driver and a guide. I'm told it's the best way to see the animals. Fingers crossed!
- Expectation: See lions, giraffes, elephants, the whole shebang! Take amazing photos. Become one with nature.
- Reality: This is more than I can handle.
- Morning (8:00 AM-ish): A rocky ride into Nairobi National Park. The jeep is bumping so hard, that I'm sure I'll have to visit the chiropractor.
- Anecdote: Our guide starts pointing things out. "Giraffe!" "Zebras!" "Birds!" Everything is amazing. and then…
- Morning (9:00 AM-ish): Lions! We see lions! I'm squealing. This is incredible! The guide is telling a story about the pride, and everything is perfect.
- Emotional Reaction (STRONG): Pure, unadulterated joy! I'm laughing, my eyes are wide, I'm practically vibrating with excitement. This is why I came!
- Morning (10:00 AM-ish): More animals! Buffaloes! Rhinos! Another group of lions!
- Late Morning (11:00 AM-ish): The sun is starting to beat down. I forgot my sunscreen. Idiot. We're still seeing animals.
- Quirky Observation: The zebras look like they're wearing tiny striped pajamas. Adorable.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM-ish): Back to the hotel. The park was an overwhelming success. I'm completely exhausted, but buzzing with excitement.
- Rambling Thought: Okay, so…I think I need to seriously consider a career change to "wildlife photographer".
- Afternoon (2:00 PM-ish): Lunch. Refueling is essential. I make a note to hydrate.
- Opinionated Language: The buffet at the hotel is pretty okay. I could have done with more options.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM-ish): Downtime at the hotel. Pool time! I'm seriously considering swimming.
- Imperfection: My camera is full of photos.
- Evening (7:00 PM-ish): Dinner. Some Swahili food.
- Emotional Reaction: I'm trying to take in everything. The lights of Nairobi. The flavors. the sounds.
- Evening (9:00 PM-ish): Bed. Exhausted, but happy.
Day 3: Culture and Crafts, and the Unexpected
- Morning (8:00 AM-ish): Breakfast.
- Morning (9:00 AM-ish): Visit the Nairobi National Museum. Trying to learn about Kenyan history and culture.
- Expectation: Be enlightened. Educate myself. Appreciate the artifacts.
- Reality: I'm mesmerized by the taxidermied animals.
- Midday (11:00 AM-ish): Shopping at an art market. Looking for souvenirs. Trying to haggle, and feeling awkward.
- Anecdote: I bought a beautiful painting, which I hope I didn't overpay for, but the artist had such passion.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM-ish): Lunch somewhere.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM-ish): A trip to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, to see the orphaned elephants. Prepare for the feels. Prepare.
- Expectation: Tears. Lots of tears. But in a good way.
- Recommendation: Everyone says these are some of the cutest animals in the world.
- Afternoon (4:00 PM-ish): Walking around, taking in the city. Nairobi is a city of contrasts.
- Evening (7:00 PM-ish): Dinner.
- Evening (9:00 PM-ish): Going to bed and getting ready for the flight to the next destination.
Day 4: Departure - The Goodbyes and The "I'll be Backs"
- Morning (6:00 AM-ish): Wake up.
- Morning (7:00 AM-ish): Last chance and grab a Kenyan Coffee at the hotel. I may never get to Kenya again.
- Morning (8:00 AM-ish): A final, wistful look at the city.
- Morning (9:00 AM-ish): Check out of the Executive Residency. Say my goodbyes.
- Morning (10:00 AM-ish): Head to the airport. The drive. The traffic.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM-ish): Flight home, or, on to the next adventure!
Rambling Conclusion:
Nairobi, you magnificent, chaotic
Escape to Paradise: Angela Hotel, Taitung's Hidden Gem
Best Western's Hidden Gem: Nairobi – Let's Get Real (and Find the Best Executive Stay!)
Okay, so "Best Executive Stay?" Seriously? What Makes This Place, Well, *Impressive*?
Alright, alright, *impressive* might be a strong word, especially after that last red-eye from Dubai. But let me tell you – the Best Western in Nairobi… it’s a survivor. And in Nairobi, survival is the name of the game, especially when you're trying to find something that doesn't feel like you're sleeping in a glorified shipping container (I've been there, trust me!).
For "executive," it's not about marble floors and a private butler. It’s more… clean sheets, a genuinely helpful staff (and believe me, that’s gold in Nairobi – try navigating a taxi negotiation after a 12-hour flight without a kind soul!), and a decent shower. The *real* hidden gem? The consistently reliable Wi-Fi. You'd be surprised how much of a luxury that is when you're trying to conference call with your boss watching from his remote island.
One thing that really stuck with me (and I’m not ashamed to admit it) was the breakfast. Not Michelin-star, but seriously, the fresh fruit selection was a game-changer. I was so tired of bland hotel buffet fruit. Imagine the relief after the flight. Just that slice of mango alone was enough to make me feel human again. Small wins, people, small wins.
Seriously, The Wi-Fi? That’s Your Big Selling Point? Are We Talking About Actual Work or Just, You Know, Cat Videos?
Okay, snarky pants on, I get it. But consider this: I *need* reliable Wi-Fi. I’m not building a spaceship, but I'm juggling clients, deadlines, and enough emails to fill the Indian Ocean. And, yes, maybe, *occasionally* I might sneak a peek at a cat video to keep my sanity. Don't judge!
The point is, the Wi-Fi at this Best Western *works*. It’s consistent. It doesn’t randomly drop out during a vital Zoom call with a key client. It's probably the MOST important aspect of an executive stay, not the gym or the pool – *if you need to get work done*. Forget the fancy gadgets, give me a decent internet connection, and I'm one happy camper.
What's the Location Like? Is It Safe-Feeling? Because, Nairobi.
Right, Nairobi safety is always a consideration. It's not Disneyland, folks. The Best Western I stayed in was located in a relatively safe area, especially with the location that catered to the executive style. There were security guards, obviously, and I felt reasonably secure walking around the immediate vicinity, but I wouldn't wander off alone at 2 am, you know? Common sense is key.
The specific location I experienced had decent access to transport and was relatively close to some decent restaurants. That meant I could grab a bite to eat without feeling like I was putting my life on the line. Again, it's not a guarantee, but it's a massive step up from some of the grittier parts of the city. And the location? Well, it was generally convenient without feeling completely isolated.
The Rooms! Are They… Bearable? Because I’ve Seen Some Hotel Rooms…
Alright, let's be real. Hotel room perfection is a myth, especially when you're travelling for work. But the rooms at this Best Western? Okay. They were *okay*. Clean. Well-maintained. No weird smells (a massive win!), and the air conditioning actually functioned. The beds were comfortable enough, which, after a long day of meetings, is all that matters. I'm not expecting a suite fit for a king, I'm looking to crash and recharge.
The bathroom? Functioning plumbing, hot water, and a decent showerhead. It's the little things, right? And the view? Probably a slightly depressing view of the surrounding buildings, but hey, at least there wasn't a herd of zebra blocking my window.
The Food? Beyond Fruit? Is There Anything to Eat?
Okay, okay, not everything's sunshine and mangoes. The breakfast was good, but the lunch and dinner menus? They were… okay. They had a standard hotel fare, not the most adventurous food, but the staff was always amiable.
I'd grab lunch at the Best Western if I needed to, but in the evenings, I'd venture out to explore. Nairobi's culinary scene is actually pretty vibrant, and you can find some amazing local restaurants. But, if I'd not had the time, and the hotel food was okay, fine for what it was! It was an absolute lifesaver after a grueling day!
Let's Talk About the Staff... Are They Actually Helpful or Just Polite and Unhelpful?
This can make or break the whole thing, right? Happily, the staff at this particular Best Western were GOLD. I'm not exaggerating. After a particularly disastrous luggage mishap (lost luggage from the airline, naturally), they went above and beyond. Trying to negotiate that kind of thing without any help can lead to one's sanity in shatters.
They spoke English. They were friendly, willing to help with any request, from finding a reliable taxi to giving directions to the *actual good* coffee shop a few blocks away (crucial!). Honestly, their assistance made the whole experience far less stressful. They even helped me track down my luggage. Seriously, they deserve a raise!
What About the Gym/Pool/Other Amenities? (Because Some People Care, I Guess?)
Look, I'm not the most gym-inclined individual after a day of meetings, but they HAD a gym. It was… functional. Probably a few treadmills and some free weights, and I didn't use it. But it existed! (It's an executive hotel, right? It's the usual requirements.)
I might have peeked in at the pool once. Looked clean enough. Didn't get in. I was too busy desperately trying to finish a report and praying for the Wi-Fi to hold! (See above about the Wi-Fi). If you fancy a swim, you'll be fine. I can't vouch for the other amenities as I had absolutely no time to experience them.
Okay, Ultimately… Should I Stay Here? Give Me the Verdict!
Alright, the big question. My verdict? If you're looking for a reliable, clean, functional, and relatively stress-free executive stay in Nairobi, and you're not expecting a luxury resort experience, then YES. Absolutely.
It’s not going to blow your mind, but it will provide a comfortable base, decent Wi-Fi, and a staff that actually cares. That, in a city like Nairobi, is a win. Plus, there'Searchotel


Comments
Post a Comment