Escape to Paradise: Unbeatable Deals at Shalimar Praia Hotel, Porto Seguro!

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Escape to Paradise: Unbeatable Deals at Shalimar Praia Hotel, Porto Seguro!

Escape to Paradise? More Like… Escape Reality (and Hopefully Find Paradise!) - Shalimar Praia Hotel, Porto Seguro: A Review That's Probably Too Honest.

Okay, so I just stumbled back from Porto Seguro, Brazil, and I'm still thawing out from the post-trip blues. My mission: Shalimar Praia Hotel. My verdict? Well, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, sterile hotel review. I'm aiming for realness, with a sprinkle of "oops, I did it again" travel chaos. Let's dive in…

SEO-tastic Buzzwords First, Because, You Know, Google: Porto Seguro Hotels, Shalimar Praia Hotel Review, Accessible Hotel Porto Seguro, Free Wi-Fi Porto Seguro, Spa Hotel Brazil, Beachfront Hotel Porto Seguro, Family-Friendly Hotel Brazil, All-Inclusive Porto Seguro

Accessibility & "Oh, That's Helpful!" Moments:

Alright, let's be honest. Accessibility is a biggie for me, and Shalimar Praia Hotel… well, it's a mixed bag. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, which is a good start. There's an elevator, which is crucial (especially after those caipirinhas!). I didn't specifically test the wheelchair access situation, but I did see ramps around the swimming pool [outdoor], which is a definite plus. BUT, and there's always a but, the layout is a little… sprawling. I'd recommend calling ahead and grilling them about specific needs if you're relying heavily on accessibility.

Cleanliness & Safety - Breathing Easier (Literally and Figuratively):

Okay, this is where Shalimar REALLY shone. In this post-pandemic world, I'm paranoid. And they actually made me feel a little less terrified! They take cleanliness and safety incredibly seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays, staff trained in safety protocol… It's a LOT. Seriously, I saw a dude in a hazmat suit wipe down the elevator buttons while I was in it. Intense, but reassuring. Plus, they have hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. Thank. Freaking. God. Also, they had the doctor/nurse on call, but thankfully, I didn't need to test that service (the only illness I came down with was post-vacation depression). I'd rate this part a solid A+.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun (and the Regrets):

Food, glorious food! The breakfast [buffet] was pretty standard, with a decent selection of Western and Asian breakfast options. The Asian cuisine in the restaurant was also pretty great, but I was there during the happy hour, which made things even better. The Poolside bar was a dangerous, delicious haven. The poolside bar was a dangerous, delicious haven. I probably shouldn't have had six caipirinhas and a plate of fried EVERYTHING every day, but hey, vacation, right?

The restaurants offered a wide variety of options, including A la carte in restaurant, so if you have dietary requirements. Plus, there's a snack bar. The bottle of water they provided was a lifesaver with the weather. Everything I ate was great. Now, if you're looking for the most incredible meal of your life, maybe look elsewhere (or pack your own Michelin-starred chef!), but for a comfortable, convenient, and undeniably enjoyable dining experience… Shalimar nailed it.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax, and How I Almost Drowned in Bliss:

Okay, so you want to escape to paradise? This is where Shalimar really delivers. The swimming pool [outdoor] is gorgeous, and the pool with a view, well, let's just say I spent a significant portion of my trip horizontal.

Let's talk about the spa. I was very tempted by the Body scrub and Body wrap, steamroom, sauna and spa. I was especially tempted by the massage. Sadly, adulting got in the way, but I definitely plan to change that.

And the Fitness Center? Okay, I attempted the gym/fitness, but let's be honest, I was more interested in the foot bath. Priorities, people! The beach is right there, begging you to frolic. It's basically paradise incarnate!

Rooms: More Than Just a Bed (Actually, Mostly Just a Bed):

The rooms at Shalimar are pretty darn comfortable. They have air conditioning, which is essential in Porto Seguro. I appreciated the blackout curtains, so my sleep schedule didn't get completely wrecked. The coffee/tea maker was also a plus, because I can't function without caffeine. My favorite accessory was the bathtub. It has everything you need. The Free Wi-fi [free] was so fast.

Services and Conveniences: Because Life is Easier With a Little Help:

Okay, this is where Shalimar really shows its stuff. Here's the lowdown:

  • Amazing Customer Service: I'm talking Concierge, and Daily housekeeping, all the essentials. They also provide dry cleaning, and laundry service.
  • Business Facilities: They have business facilities, including meeting/banquet facilities, and meetings.
  • Other Cool Stuff: They have a gift/souvenir shop (perfect for those last-minute "I forgot to buy anyone a present!" moments). Plus, a convenience store, and cash withdrawal. Pretty much anything you need.

For the Kids (and the Kid in You):

Okay, I went solo, so I didn't personally test the "kid-friendliness" factor, but they have a babysitting service and kids facilities. The fact they are family/child friendly is a plus.

The "Unbeatable Deals" and Why You Should Still Go:

Ah, the promise of "unbeatable deals." Look, no hotel is perfect, and the price might vary. But, for the location, the amenities, and the peace of mind (thanks to the cleanliness), Shalimar Praia Hotel offers a solid value.

The Verdict (In a Series of Rambling Thoughts):

Shalimar Praia Hotel is like that friend who's a little bit messy, but ultimately, you love them for it. It's not flawless. It's not the Ritz. But it's clean, it's comfortable, it's FUN, and it's perfectly positioned for a blissful escape.

Final Recommendation: Go. Book. Relax. And maybe, just maybe, try to resist the allure of the sixth caipirinha. (I failed. Miserably.)

My Quirky Observations:

  • The sheer number of lizards sunning themselves on the outdoor verandas. They just knew it was paradise!
  • That the "Do Not Disturb" sign actually worked. I was impressed.
  • The slightly aggressive seagulls who were also clearly enjoying the buffet. I'm still convinced they were secretly human gourmets.

Emotional Reactions:

  • Joy: The sheer bliss of lounging by the pool. Ahhhhh…
  • Gratitude: At the spotless bathroom and super comfy bed
  • Pure, Unadulterated Regret: For not trying the body scrub. Next time, Shalimar, next time!

In conclusion : Shalima Praia hotel is like a dream come true!

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Bali Getaway Awaits at Restu Bali Hotel

Book Now

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because this "itinerary" for the Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel in Porto Seguro, Brazil, is less a pristine travel plan and more a rambunctious, slightly-hungover diary entry. Prepare for tangents, opinions, and the occasional existential crisis fuelled by too much caipirinha.

Day 1: Arrival and the Beach That Almost Broke Me (But Also Rebuilt Me?)

  • 14:00 - Touchdown in Porto Seguro! Whew. Finally. The flight was… well, let’s just say the air conditioning on that connecting flight was powered by the sheer desperation of the passengers. I could practically smell the relief when we deplaned. The humidity hit me like a wet, warm hug. And not the good kind. More like the kind you get from your overly-enthusiastic Aunt Mildred.
  • 15:00 - Check-in at Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel (or, My Battle Against The Hotel Safe). Okay, first impressions: clean enough. The lobby smelled faintly of chlorine and something vaguely floral that I couldn't quite place. Check-in was… okay. The friendly staff, trying their best with my terrible Portuguese. But then… the safe. The safe! It was a metal box of pure, unadulterated frustration. After ten minutes of wrestling with it (and possibly inventing new swear words in Portuguese), I finally coaxed it open. Victory! (I've been told it's a metaphor for life. I disagree.)
  • 16:00 - Beach Reconnaissance. AKA, the Moment Reality Slapped Me in the Face (in a Good Way). The hotel, thankfully, is right on Praia de Mundaí. And holy moly. The photos? They don't do it justice. The sand is so white it almost hurts your eyes, the water shimmers a thousand shades of turquoise, and those palm trees? They just beg to be photographed. I spent a solid hour just staring. I mean, absolutely nothing constructive. Just… staring. I'm pretty sure a baby turtle waddled past and I barely registered it because I was in a trance. That beach…that beach is magic.
  • 17:00 - First Caipirinha (or, Liquid Sunshine). Found a little beach bar, the vibe was pure chill. Ordered a caipirinha. First sip? Pure, unadulterated bliss. The cachaça, the lime, the sugar…it was like a tropical symphony on my taste buds. I may have had two. Or three. Don't judge.
  • 19:00 - Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant (and the Unexplained Mystery of the Missing Fork). The hotel restaurant was… adequate. The food was fine, a bit under seasoned. But the ocean view? Spectacular. Until I realized I didn’t have a fork. The waiter, bless his heart, seemed as bewildered as I was. Finally, with gestures, we got the message across. The mysteries continue.
  • 21:00 - Sunset stroll, followed by a nap, because, jet lag.

Day 2: The Colonial Charm of Porto Seguro and the (Slight) Regret of Yesterday's Caipirinhas

  • 08:00 - Wake up, and immediately regret the third (and fourth) caipirinha. My head feels as though a small band of samba drummers has taken up residence inside it. Coffee. I need coffee. Desperately.
  • 09:00 - Breakfast at the Hotel (Buffet Bonanza). The breakfast buffet was a glorious explosion of fruit, eggs, and pastries. I attacked it with the ferocity of a starving lion. The guava paste was heavenly. I may have gone back for seconds (and possibly thirds).
  • 11:00 - Exploring Centro Histórico (or, Hello, Time Travel!). The Centro Histórico is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and it's easy to see why. Cobblestone streets, brightly painted colonial buildings, and a general air of…well, it feels like you've stepped back in time. The church of Nossa Senhora da Misericórdia, with its simple elegance, was a highlight. But mostly I was just trying not to step on any stray dogs. They're everywhere, but they look completely content.
  • 13:00 - Lunch at a local restaurant in the Centro Histórico (and the Questionable Quality of My Portuguese). Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall place. The food was AMAZING. I ordered something…I think it was fish. The waiter gave me a look that conveyed equal parts amusement and pity. He probably thought I ordered a pair of boots - he looked as though he might have gotten lost, then saw the sea and thought "I'll stay here."
  • 15:00 - Beach time! (Round 2 - This time, with sunscreen!) Back to Praia de Mundaí. This time, I'm armed with sunscreen and a book (which I promptly ignored). More staring, more appreciating. I think I could stay here forever.
  • 17:00 - Another Caipirinha (because, why not?). I swear, they’re cheaper than water!
  • 19:00 - Dinner at a churraskeria. (All The Meat!) Meat. So much meat. I love meat. It was a meat orgy, and I was their willing participant. I’m so full I might actually explode.
  • 21:00 - Attempt at understanding Brazilian music. (Failing spectacularly.) The rhythm is infectious, the instruments sound, as my dad might say, "exotic"
  • 22:00 - Crash into bed. Exhaustion, Meat Coma, and the Promise of Tomorrow.

Day 3: Diving Deep Into Praia do Espelho (and Attempting to Swim Like a Mermaid)

  • 07:00 - Wake up. This time, the samba drummers are back. And they have extra drums. And a maraca. And a trombone. Damn those caipirinhas.
  • 08:00 - One last swim, a quick breakfast, and check out. The breakfast was a blur of fruit and coffee.
  • 09:00 - Taxi to Praia do Espelho (or, The Holy Grail of Beaches). This is where things get really interesting. Espelho, my friend, is legendary. It's about a two-hour drive from Porto Seguro, and every single blog and travel article claims it's a must-see. (Note for future self: Research the best taxi before hiring one). I will also admit, I was a bit skeptical. Is anywhere really that good?
  • 11:00 - Arrival at Praia do Espelho. (Cue Angels Singing, Me Weeping With Joy). Okay, I've been to a lot of beaches in my life. I've seen a lot of coastline. But Praia do Espelho? It's… otherworldly. The cliffs form a protective embrace, where the ocean is a blinding turquoise and the white sand is as soft as flour. The beach? It's practically a mirror, reflecting the sky (hence the name). I cried. Seriously. I actually, physically, shed tears. It was just…beautiful.
  • 11:30 - Beach Time. Do nothing. Just exist. I found a spot on the beach, where the waves are gentle and the sun is hot where the sand is soft. I walked, I swam, and I just breathed. It felt like a cleansing ceremony for the soul. I got a massage from a local, and she told me about the native traditions, that was very interesting.
  • 13:00 - Lunch at a beach shack (and the best moqueca of my life). I ordered one of the famous moquecas, a rich, flavorful Brazilian stew. The fish was flaky, the coconut milk was creamy, the peppers had just the right amount of zing. It was a truly transcendent experience. I would have that for dinner.
  • 15:00 - Snorkeling. (or, My Epic Failure to Become a Mermaid). I tried to snorkel. I failed. Miserably. But the water was so clear I still got to see the colourful fishes. I would try again.
  • 17:00 - One last walk, one more look, then sighing to the sunset. Farewell, Praia do Espelho. It was time to go, and I knew I was going to miss this place terribly.
  • 19:00 - Dinner on the way back to Porto Seguro (the hunger monster). Not much to say about this, since my heart was still at Espelho.
  • 22:00 - Sleep. Tomorrow, home.

Day 4: Departure and the lingering afterglow of Brazilian Bliss

  • 09:00 - A final breakfast
  • 10:00 - Last-minute souvenir shopping (and the realization that I'm terrible at haggling). Got ripped off by a vendor - he was charming though. I was amused.
  • **12:00 - Taxi to the airport (and the bittersweet feeling of leaving paradise).
Escape to Paradise: Marija's Cozy Novalja Garden Apartment!

Book Now

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Escape to Paradise: Shalimar Praia Hotel – FAQ (and a Whole Lot More!)

Okay, Okay… What *Exactly* Makes These Deals "Unbeatable"?! Is This Some Kind of Scam?!

Alright, alright, deep breaths! "Unbeatable" is obviously a *strong* word, but hey, we're in the marketing business, right?! Seriously though, with deals at the Shalimar Praia Hotel in Porto Seguro, it seems they're always trying to offer something special. It might be a package deal that throws in all sorts of extras (like free caipirinhas – more on those later!), or it could just be a seriously good discount for a specific time of year.
Listen, I've had my share of travel disasters. Remember that time I booked THAT cruise and ended up sharing cabin with a family of seven who all snored like chainsaws? Yeah. So, I'm skeptical too. But I've done some digging... Look out for those packages. They're where the value REALLY shines.

Tell Me About the Hotel Itself! What's it *Really* Like? (And Be Honest!)

Okay, here's the deal. The Shalimar Praia Hotel isn't some five-star, gleaming palace. Think more... charming. Think comfortable. Think beachfront bliss. It's got that laid-back, Brazilian vibe down pat. The rooms are decent, clean – and, crucially, they have air conditioning. Seriously, that's a game-changer. The pool is lovely, a great place to lounge. The main draw is the location – right on the beach. You can practically roll out of bed and onto the sand.
Okay, maybe not *roll*, but you get the idea.
My friend, Sarah, went last year and she said, "It wasn't perfect, but it was *perfectly* enjoyable. Like, the Wi-Fi was a little patchy sometimes, but who cares when you're watching the sun set over the ocean with a drink in your hand?" See? Honesty served with a splash of optimism!

The Beach! Give Me the Lowdown on THAT Beach!

Oh, the beach! This is where the Shalimar really shines. It's stunning. Soft, white sand. Turquoise water. Palm trees swaying in the breeze. I swear, half the reason people go to Porto Seguro is for the beaches. This one is a real beauty. The waves are usually pretty calm, so it's great for swimming. You can stroll along the shoreline, collect seashells, and generally feel your stress melt away. Beware of the strong sun, though! Slap on that sunscreen, or you'll end up looking like a lobster. Trust me - I speak from experience.
And you can even see the boats on the horizon. It is a really peaceful time, that's for sure!

Are There Activities Nearby? Besides, you know, *existing* on a beach?

Yes! Thank God for those! You know, it's tempting to just plop yourself down on the sand and never move for a week. But Porto Seguro has so much to offer. The historic center is a must-see. It's colorful, charming, and full of history. You can also take boat trips to nearby islands, go snorkeling or diving, or explore the rainforest. There are plenty of restaurants and bars nearby, too, so you're not stuck eating hotel food every night (although, let's be honest, Brazilian food is pretty darn good). One time I swear, I ate feijoada for three days straight! Not my finest moment in terms of variety, but my stomach was very happy.

The Food! What's the Food Situation at the Hotel and Around Porto Seguro?

Okay, food is important. VERY important. The hotel restaurant offers a decent selection of dishes, often with a focus on local cuisine. Think fresh seafood, grilled meats, and plenty of rice and beans (yay for carbs!). Breakfast is usually included, and it's a good one – pastries, fruit, and of course, the ever-present Brazilian coffee. Honestly, I dream about that breakfast sometimes.
Outside the hotel, you're spoiled for choice. Porto Seguro has restaurants for pretty much every taste and budget. From simple beach shacks serving fresh fish to more upscale restaurants with international cuisine. My advice? Embrace the local specialties. Try the moqueca (fish stew), the pão de queijo (cheese bread), and the acarajé (bean fritters). And don't forget to sample the caipirinhas! This is important. Very important.

CAIPIRINHAS! Okay, tell me *everything* about the caipirinhas. I'm already planning my first one...

Right, caipirinhas. Consider this my personal public service announcement. They are *dangerous*. Dangerously delicious, that is. They are the national cocktail of Brazil, and for good reason. Fresh limes, sugar, cachaca (a sugarcane spirit), and ice. Simple, perfect.
Seriously though, I once had *way* too many caipirinhas at a beach bar in Porto Seguro, and let's just say the next day was a blur of sunglasses and regret. I may or may not have attempted to body surf with a crab wearing a hat. I'll never tell. But the caipirinhas? Worth it. Absolutely worth it. They do it right at the Shalimar; you can get them at the bar by the pool or sometimes included in the packages. Keep an eye out for happy hour... Or just declare any hour happy hour. You're on vacation for heaven's sake! Just... pace yourself. Or don't. What do I know? (Proceeds to pour another caipirinha).

What's the Vibe? Is it Family-Friendly? Romantic? Party Central?

Shalimar is pretty chill, generally. It errs towards being family-friendly and is also perfectly suitable for couples, especially if you want a low-key atmosphere. It's not really a party hotel, although, the proximity to the beach is going to mean there's always *something* going on. If you're looking for a wild, all-night rave, this probably isn't the place. But if you want a relaxing beach vacation where you can unwind, read a book, and listen to the waves, then you've come to the right place.
I personally enjoy a bit of both, which is why it's a great place.

What about Transportation? How Do I Get Around?

Porto Seguro is pretty easy to get around. You'll arrive at Porto Seguro Airport (BPS), and from there, you can take a taxi or pre-book a transfer to theWander Stay Spot

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Best Western Shalimar Praia Hotel Porto Seguro Brazil

Comments

Popular posts from this blog