Escape to Paradise: Quito's Hidden Gem, Hotel Rincon de Puembo

 Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Escape to Paradise: Quito's Hidden Gem, Hotel Rincon de Puembo

Escape to Paradise: Quito's Hidden Gem - Honestly, Is Rincon de Puembo Worth It? (A Rambling Review)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Hotel Rincon de Puembo, that self-proclaimed "hidden gem" in Quito, Ecuador. I've been there, I've survived the altitude (mostly), and I'm ready to give you the real lowdown. Prepare for a review that's less polished brochure and more "what actually happened."

First things first: SEO Stuff! (Gotta keep the algorithms happy, right?) If you're searching for "Quito hotels," "accessible hotels Quito," "luxury spa Quito," "romantic getaways Ecuador," "best hotel Quito airport," or even just "hotel Rincon de Puembo review," you're in the right place. This is your one-stop shop for the (slightly chaotic) truth!

The Arrival: Smoothish but… (Accessibility & the First Impressions)

Getting to Rincon de Puembo is straightforward, especially if you take advantage of their Airport Transfer service. Bonus points for that! It made arriving at the Accessible property a breeze, especially after a long flight. And the Elevator? Bless them. Because… Quito's hills are no joke!

However… and there's always a "however," isn't there? – while they boast Facilities for Disabled Guests, I'd advise a quick call beforehand to clarify specific needs. The "accessible" label doesn't always translate perfectly across cultures, and I'd hate for you to arrive and find something lacking. Ask detailed questions. Be that guest.

Rooms & the Quest for Comfort (and Blackout Curtains!)

Now, let's talk rooms. I ended up in a Non-Smoking one (thank goodness!), but let's be real, my main concern was whether those Blackout Curtains actually worked. And… yes! Thank the travel gods! Because Quito sun rises with a vengeance. The Air Conditioning was also a savior. (Seriously, after a day of exploring, a cool room is a necessity, especially if you've been climbing all day). The Complimentary Tea was a nice touch.

Other things to note: the In-Room Safe Box is a good idea for peace of mind. The Wi-Fi [free] was generally reliable (and hey, Free Wi-Fi in all Rooms! is always a win). They've got all the basics: Air Conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathtub, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker, Hair dryer, Ironing facilities, Mini bar, Refrigerator, Shower, Slippers, Toiletries, Towels. They've got Daily Housekeeping, which is always appreciated, plus Extra long bed. I didn't use the Bathroom phone, but I’m sure someone will find a use for it.

Cleanliness & Safety: Can You Relax? (Yes, Mostly)

This is a big one, especially post-pandemic, right? Rincon de Puembo clearly takes this seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products – check. Rooms sanitized between stays – also check. They've got all the usual suspects like Hand sanitizer everywhere. They also have Daily disinfection in common areas. I also spotted Staff trained in safety protocol. They're definitely trying. They also offer Room sanitization opt-out available, which always gives you an extra level of control.

I’m not sure about the Sterilizing equipment, but they have a **First aid kit **! I would rate Hygiene certification and Safe dining setup a 8/10.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup)

Okay, food. This is where things got… interesting. Let’s address the positives first. The Breakfast [buffet] was pretty decent, with a good selection of Asian breakfast, International cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was good, and the Bottle of water in the room was appreciated. The A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant were all available.

The Bar was a perfect spot to grab a cocktail before dinner, and the Happy hour was a well-needed reward after a day of sightseeing.

Now for the slightly less glossy bits. I’m not a huge fan of Asian cuisine in restaurant, but if that's your thing, great! I also did experience a slight blip with the Breakfast takeaway service – a mix-up with my order. But, hey, everyone makes mistakes, and they were quick to fix it.

Spa, Relaxation & the Quest for Bliss (My Favorite Part!)

This is where Rincon de Puembo really shines. Their Spa is lovely, and I swear I could feel my stress melting away the moment I stepped inside!

I got a Massage. It was AMAZING! I actually drifted off at some point, which is the ultimate compliment, right? They also have a Sauna, Steamroom, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath. Seriously, treat yourself. You deserve it. The Pool with view is stunning but… the water was freezing! So, I kind of just admired it from afar. They also have a Swimming pool [outdoor].

For the Kids & Family/Child friendly (That's Not My Area of Expertise)

I can't personally vouch for the Babysitting service or the Kids meal, but the hotel does market itself as Family/child friendly, with Kids facilities.

Services & Conveniences: Handling the Logistics

This is what makes life easier, right? Concierge – helpful. Cash withdrawal – useful. Currency exchange – convenient. They have a Gift/souvenir shop. They also have Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Shrine, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.

Getting Around & the Transportation Game

The Airport transfer is the best. I’m glad I took advantage of it, as the drive would have been chaotic on my own. The hotel also provides Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. I suggest Bicycle parking and Car park [free of charge].

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: More Than Just Lounging

Beyond the spa, the hotel offers a few options. They have a Gym/fitness center. You can explore the surrounding area (the hotel is a little removed from the city center, which can be a blessing or a curse, depending on your preference).

The Verdict: Is Rincon de Puembo a Paradise? (An Honest Answer)

Look, Rincon de Puembo isn't perfect. It's got its quirks and a few minor flaws. But ultimately, YES, I think it's a worthwhile stay. It's a great option for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city but still be conveniently close to the airport. The spa alone is worth the price of admission, and the service is generally excellent. So, if you're looking for a relaxing escape with a dash of luxury, book it.

My "Escape to Paradise" Offer (Because Everyone Loves a Deal!)

Book your stay at Hotel Rincon de Puembo through my totally unofficial recommendation (and get yourself a free cocktail at the pool bar!). Seriously, if you're looking for a luxurious stay that's very close to the airport, Rincon de Puempo is a good choice. Don't expect perfection, embrace the imperfections, and enjoy the tranquility!

Escape to Paradise: Kota Kinabalu's Luxury Loft Awaits!

Book Now

 Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Ecuadorian adventure! Specifically, the lovely Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection in Quito. Honestly, just LOOKING at the pictures of that place already makes my stress levels plummet. This ain't going to be your perfectly polished brochure itinerary, though. This is me trying to adult in a foreign country. Wish me luck.

Day 1: Arrival & Jet Lagged Bliss (or, more accurately, the struggle is REAL)

  • Morning (or what felt like morning – who even knows anymore, time is a LIE when you're flying!)
    • Flight to Quito: Ugh, long haul flights. The only good thing is the tiny airplane booze bottles. I'm pretty sure I saw a woman knit an entire sweater on my flight. I just stared blankly at the movie screen, praying for the sweet release of sleep.
    • Arrival at Mariscal Sucre International Airport: Humidity. Glorious, face-slapping humidity! After the soul-crushing dry air of the plane, it was like getting a warm hug from Ecuador. Customs? Surprisingly painless. Thank god, because I was running on fumes.
    • Transfer to Rincon de Puembo: The hotel's a bit outside of Quito, but that's part of the charm, right? I mean, who wants to deal with city chaos right off the bat? The drive was…pretty. Seriously, the views? Volcanoes poking through the clouds, lush green everything. I actually gasped, which is embarrassing.
    • Check-in: The staff? Beyond lovely. And the lobby? Gorgeous! Rustic charm and that South American vibe…I'm already in love. The porter? He saw my thousand-yard stare and immediately understood. Bless him.
  • Afternoon:
    • Room Exploration & Bed Coma (because, jet lag). Okay, the room. Big, comfy bed. Sun-drenched balcony overlooking…wait for it…a garden. I almost cried. Seriously, I probably did. (Jet lag, don't judge). After collapsing on that bed for at least 3 hours, I woke up feeling like a zombie.
    • Wandering the Grounds: I stumbled outside, like a creature of habit. The gardens. Ah, the gardens. Birdsong. Exotic flowers I couldn't name. (I'm a terrible gardener). I saw a Hummingbird! Seriously, right outside my door! The magic of it all nearly made me cry again.
    • Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant (Las Cuadras). The food…OH. MY. GOD. I had some sort of soup/stew thing that was pure comfort. I could have sworn I heard angels singing. (Probably just the jet lag again). I remember I ordered a side of plantains!
  • Evening
    • Sunset Cocktails on the Terrace: The hotel bar is a thing of beauty and the bartender? He made a killer Pisco Sour. The sunset…well, let's just say it involved a lot of "oohs" and "ahhs" from me. And possibly some tears of joy.
    • Early Bedtime: I am exhausted.

Day 2: Otavalo, Market Mayhem & Arepas

  • Morning
    • Breakfast at the Hotel: Fresh fruit, amazing coffee, and I swear, they had miniature versions of all the delicious baked goods. My stomach is already singing opera.
    • Day Trip to Otavalo Market: This is the famous one! I had a private driver and guide. Let me tell you, driving in Ecuador is an experience. I screamed. I laughed. I learned to trust the chaos.
    • Otavalo Market: Okay, prepare yourselves. It's HUGE. And crowded. And vibrant. Weaving through the stalls was a sensory overload in the best possible way. So many textiles, silver jewelry. I got a purse! (I'm not sure if it was the jet lag or the bargaining, but I felt like a total boss buying a purse)
  • Afternoon
    • Lunch in a Local Restaurant: My guide took me to a little place outside the market. I had some stuff I'm not sure what it was. But it was DELICIOUS. And the arepas were life-changing. Seriously, arepas are the thing. I could've eaten a mountain of them.
    • Laguna de Cuicocha: Volcano lake! Seriously, it was stunning. The color of the water was an almost unreal blue. I took some pictures, but they don't really capture the magic. Because magic must be experienced.
  • Evening
    • Dinner at the Hotel: Another amazing meal. I tried the ceviche. Seriously, this place, it's a culinary dream.
    • Attempted Relaxing: I tried to relax? I really did. But my brain, it was still on Ecuador time. I tossed and turned for about 3 hours.

Day 3: Puembo & Food coma

  • Morning:
    • Sleep-in! (Sort of) I meant to sleep in, but I was up at like, 7:00 AM. So I wandered around the gardens, the sun hit my face and for the first time I felt like myself.
    • Cooking Class at the Hotel: I love to cook, and I like to eat. I did this by accident! I have a hard time with foreign food. But I had to!
    • Learning Local Cuisine: I was terrible. I was supposed to be kneading a dough, and I was more in the way. But the chef was patient, and I did end up making a decent empanada (I think). But the best part was the conversation. I started to feel like part of something.
  • Afternoon:
    • Poolside Relaxation: The hotel pool? Beautiful. Clean. Calm. I sat there for an hour reading my Kindle, and drinking a juice. The sun was strong! Everything was great.
    • Lunch: I had to eat the empanada.
    • Exploring Puembo: I wish I had, but I got lazy.
  • Evening:
    • Dinner
    • Trying to plan the next day and failing: This might as well be called "How to Over-Plan and Under-Do."

Day 4: "Last Day"

  • Morning:
    • Breakfast at the Hotel: I asked for an extra portion of plantains.
    • Souvenir shopping in Puembo: I saw a little gift shop, picked up something to bring back to my family.
  • Lunch:
    • I just sat in the gardens: I said goodbye the hotel, and tried to memorize everything.
  • Evening:
    • Dinner:
    • Back to the airport, back to the real world:

Quirks, Rambles, Emotional Reactions, and Imperfections:

  • The Language Barrier: My Spanish is terrible, a jumble of random words and confused expressions. But even the simplest "Hola" and "Gracias" went a long way.
  • The Altitude: Quito is high. REALLY high. I got headaches, and I huffed and puffed going up stairs. But the views? Worth it.
  • The Food: Don't even get me started. Everything fresh, vibrant, and exploding with flavor. I gained five pounds, and I regret nothing.
  • Emotional Rollercoaster: There were moments of pure joy, coupled with moments of total exhaustion. Tears of happiness? Laughing so hard I snorted? All par for the course.
  • Perfection? Yeah, right. I got lost, forgot my camera, and probably said some embarrassing things. But hey, that's life, right?
  • The Staff are AMAZING: They are the best!

Conclusion:

This wasn't just a vacation, it was an experience. The Rincon de Puembo? It was the perfect basecamp for my Ecuador adventure. The food, the gardens, the staff, everything. Just go. And don't worry about planning too much. Let yourself get lost, let the magic happen, and don't forget the arepas.

Goa Villa Luxury: Steal This Stunning Room!

Book Now

 Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Escape to Paradise: Hotel Rincon de Puembo - Let's Get Real, Okay?

So, Rincon de Puembo... is it *really* a hidden gem? Or just another hotel trying too hard?

Okay, straight up? It *feels* like a hidden gem. But, like, *everyone* online says that. So, is it cliché? Maybe. But honestly, driving up that little cobblestone road, the jasmine exploding with scent, it's hard not to feel… a tiny bit enchanted. It's not some mega-resort pretending to be "authentic." It actually *feels* like you've stumbled onto a secret. The gardens! Seriously, the gardens. They're like, a jungle, a riot of color and sounds. You half expect a sloth to swing down and offer you a cocktail. (Sadly, no sloths on my visit, but hey, there's always next time!). I’d say hidden-ish. More like, *cleverly-tucked-away-and-deserving-the-hype*.

The airport proximity… yay or nay? Does the airplane noise drive you insane?

Ah, the big question. Listen, it's RIGHT by the airport. Like, you could probably see the baggage handlers from some rooms (okay, maybe not, but you get the idea). For me? It was… fine. Honestly. The first day, you're like, "Oh, planes! Neat." Then it's a bit of an annoyance. But after a while, you barely notice. The windows are pretty good, and honestly, the convenience of a super-short taxi ride after a LONG flight? That's worth its weight in gold. My buddy, though? He's a light sleeper. He said the planes kept him up, and he ended up sleeping in the lobby for a few hours. So, mileage varies. Bring earplugs. Or, you know, a friend who can handle the noise.

Let's talk food. The reviews rave. Did the food *actually* live up to the hype?

Okay, food. This is where Rincon de Puembo *really* shines, and honestly, where I'd give them a solid A. The breakfast buffet? Forget about it. It's not just the standard scrambled eggs and sad bacon. They had *freshly squeezed juice* (mango, passionfruit – ALL the good stuff), arepas, empanadas, fresh fruit piled high. And the coffee! Oh, the coffee. I maybe, possibly, drank about six cups every morning. Lunch and dinner? Also excellent. They had this *ceviche*… oh, man. I think I’m still dreaming about it. The presentation alone was gorgeous – like edible art. And the *aji* sauce? Bring a fire extinguisher! (kidding… mostly). The only slight hiccup? The service could be a little slow sometimes. But when the food is *this* good, you don’t *really* mind waiting. You just use the time to sip more coffee and admire the view. (And mentally prepare yourself for more ceviche).

The rooms… fancy? Basic? Show me the truth!

The rooms are… charming. Not super modern, no. But they are comfy and clean. Think more "rustic elegance" than "ultra-luxe." My room had a balcony overlooking the gardens, which was pure bliss. (Except for that one morning when a hummingbird decided to buzz right by my ear at 6 AM. Talk about a rude awakening!). They have different room types, so do your research. Some have fireplaces (very cozy!), some have better views. And the beds? Surprisingly comfortable. I slept like a baby, despite the hummingbird attack. The decor isn't mind-blowing, but it's well-maintained and fits the overall vibe of the place. Honestly, I'm not there to stare at the room. I'm there to relax and enjoy the surroundings. And the rooms accomplish that perfectly.

The spa… worth the splurge? Spill the tea!

Okay, I'm going to be brutally honest. Yes and no. The spa itself is lovely – relaxing atmosphere, nice treatments. But I will confess, I am not a huge spa person. I mean, I enjoyed the massage (very relaxing!), but it was… a bit pricey, and I’m not always sure I feel a huge difference. My back always hurts, and the massage helped. But do I *need* the spa? Probably not. If you’re a spa enthusiast, go for it. If you’re on a budget or prefer other activities, you might be okay skipping it. It’s not a *must-do*, but it *is* a nice-to-have. My advice? Check the prices and weigh the pros and cons. If you do go, book a massage. You might not remember the cost, but you will remember how good your back feels.

Anything I should know about the staff? Are they actually friendly, or just faking it for tips?

Okay, THIS is a big one. The staff at Rincon de Puembo are freaking *amazing*. And I don't think they're faking it. They're genuinely warm, welcoming, and helpful. Every single person, from the front desk to the garden staff. I'm telling you, they treat you like family. One time, my charger broke (disaster!), and the front desk person spent, like, 30 minutes trying to find me a replacement. And they were genuinely concerned! They didn’t just shrug and say, "Tough luck, gringo." Seriously, that level of service? It's rare. They seem to *genuinely* care that you're enjoying your stay. I spilled coffee all over myself on the first morning, and they were so gracious in cleaning it up (and didn’t laugh TOO much – I think). They deserve ALL the tips. And the smiles. And maybe a raise.

Okay, let's get super specific... Is there a pool? And is it any good?

Yes! There is a pool. And it's… okay. Look, it's not a massive, resort-style pool with swim-up bars and screaming kids. It's a smaller, more intimate pool, nestled in the gardens. It's perfect for a refreshing dip on a hot day. I spent a decent amount of time there, honestly. The water was clean, the surrounding area was lovely, and it's a good place to sit and read a book. But, and this is a tiny but, it's a little small for serious swimming. It does the job though. It's not the *highlight* of the hotel, but it's definitely a nice perk. Think of it as a peaceful oasis rather than a social hub. Bring a good book and you'll be set.

Would you go back? Seriously… wouldRoam And Rests

 Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

 Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Hotel Rincon de Puembo, BW Signature Collection Quito Ecuador

Comments

Popular posts from this blog