Tangerang's BEST Mall-Adjacent Apartment: Travelio's Good Studio M-Town!

Tangerang's BEST Mall-Adjacent Apartment: Travelio's Good Studio M-Town!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the concrete jungle of Tangerang and I'm about to spill the tea on Travelio's Good Studio M-Town – Tangerang's BEST Mall-Adjacent Apartment. And let me tell you, I'm not just saying that lightly. I've seen some stuff. I've stayed in some "luxury" that should be condemned. But this place…this place actually, almost felt like home. Almost.
First, the Nitty-Gritty: Accessibility & Safety (because let's be real, we need to know this stuff!)
Right off the bat, let's shout out the good folks at Travelio: Accessibility is NOT an afterthought here. I saw elevators – big ones! – everywhere. You'll be able to wheel around the entire property with ease. And honestly, that's a huge win.
Now, Safety? This is where Travelio shines. They clearly understand the world we live in now. They are rocking it with the anti-viral cleaning products, professional-grade sanitizing services, and daily disinfection of common areas. I'm talking hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE, and staff who actually know the safety protocols. I felt way more protected here than I do at my local grocery store. CCTV in common areas and outside the property? Check! Fire extinguishers and smoke alarms? Double Check! Honestly, I felt safer here than I do in my own apartment (which, let's be frank, probably needs a good wipe-down).
The Internet - Oh, the Internet!
Okay, so you need internet. We all need internet, right? This is 2024! And let me tell you, the internet here is solid.
- Wi-Fi in all rooms? YES! Free? YES!
- Internet Access [LAN]? (If you're into that retro cable life, it's there.)
- Internet Services? They got you covered. (I streamed a whole season of [Insert favourite show] with ZERO buffering. Bless.)
- Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep.
Listen, I am a digital nomad, so the internet is my lifeblood. I'm not going to lie, the first thing I did when I got into the apartment was furiously test that wi-fi. And it passed with flying colors. It was flawless!
Now, Let's Get to the Fun Stuff: Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Because Vacation, Baby!)
Okay, so you want to chill, right? This place is overflowing with the potential of relaxation. Let's break this down;
- Swimming pool (outdoor) AND Pool with a view? Hello, Instagram. But, actually, the pool was a lifesaver in the Tangerang heat. I spent a solid afternoon just floating, staring at the sky…pure bliss.
- Fitness center? I didn't personally use it (because, you know, vacation), but I peeked in. Looked well-equipped. Maybe next time, I'll actually exercise. Maybe.
- Spa/sauna? YES! They've got the works. I skipped the body scrub, but the steamroom was glorious. The spa itself was lovely, you could definitely de-stress from your daily life. The whole area just makes you feel relaxed, they even offer foot baths.
Okay, real talk: after a long day of shopping (more on that later), I just wanted to be pampered. And M-Town delivered.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure!
So, you’re ready for some eats and drinks, eh? That’s the best part! Restaurants on-site? Yes! There are a variety of foods to choose from. Asian cuisine, International cuisine, and Vegetarian options were all available.
A la carte, Buffet, or Room service? YES, YES, YES! You name it, they've got it. I might have accidentally ordered breakfast in bed every single day. Don't judge me. That Asian breakfast, Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop? Chef's kiss.
Poolside bar? Perfect for that sunset cocktail. Happy hour? Duh! There are Desserts in the restaurant and Snack bar as well.
And, yes, I took advantage of the room service (24-hour, mind you) more than once. My laziness levels were at an all-time high, and I embraced it.
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easier (and Cozier)
This is where M-Town really shines. The little things make a difference, right?
- Doorman and 24-hour front desk? Always a good sign.
- Daily housekeeping? My bed was made so perfectly every day that it looked like nobody slept in it. Also, the whole place was sparkling clean.
- Laundry service and dry cleaning? Because nobody wants to spend their vacation washing clothes.
- Cash withdrawal and currency exchange? Very convenient for all your spending needs.
- Luggage storage? Yes, leave your baggage in good hands.
- Hotel chain? Okay, that helps a lot.
- Elevator? Obviously, and thank goodness.
- Shop/Souvenir? Yes!
My Apartment / Room review: What It's Really Like…
Okay, let's get real about the actual apartment itself.
- Free Wi-Fi, Check!
- Air Conditioning: Double Check! (You need it in Tangerang.)
- Blackout Curtains: Thank GOD! Slept like a baby – or, you know, someone who's been indulging in happy hour.
- Extra long bed. I could stretch out and not touch the ends. That’s a win for a tall person like me!
- Coffee/tea maker, Refrigerator, Safety box – all the essentials. Oh, and the Mini bar? Don't mind if I do!
- Separate shower/bathtub. I loved the shower. Great water pressure.
- Smoke detector. Good.
- Slippers? Yes! The little touches made a big difference.
- Complimentary toiletries, hairdryer – everything you need.
- Sofa and Seating area. Perfect for spreading out all my shopping bags.
- My favorite: The Window that opens. Great to have fresh air every now and then.
I had a Good Studio, which, honestly, was more than enough for one person. It was clean, modern, and well-designed. Everything worked. The bed was comfy. I'm a simple person, and this was more than enough for me. Honestly, it’s just what I needed, a place to unwind and relax!
The Mall-Adjacent Advantage: Location, Location, Location!
Okay, this is a huge selling point. M-Town is literally right next to a shopping mall. Like, you could practically roll out of bed and be shopping for new outfits in minutes. I'm talking convenience beyond belief. Restaurants, movies, more shopping… it's all right there. I'm warning you: prepare to spend money! (But hey, you deserve it, right?)
For the Kiddo’s (And Those Who Play Like One):
I'm not a parent, but I saw plenty of families enjoying themselves. Babysitting service? Check! Kids meal? Check! There are facilities and a Family friendly environment as well!
The Quirks, The Flaws (Because Perfection Is Boring):
Okay, no place is perfect. Here's the real talk:
- The noise level. Being so close to the mall, you do hear some traffic noise, especially during peak hours.
- The gym was good, but the machines could’ve been better. But, it was enough. I liked it!
- No Pets Allowed… Sorry pet parents.
Room Sanitization Opt-Out?
- Rooms Sanitized Between Stays.
- Room Sanitization Opt-out Available.
(Which, by the way, is a great balance, you control your own level of contact.)
My Honest Verdict (and a Compelling Offer):
Look, I've been to Tangerang. I know what's out there. Travelio's Good Studio M-Town is a standout.
- It's SAFE.
- It's CONVENIENT.
- It's COMFORTABLE.
- It's FUN. (Seriously, that spa!)
For all these reasons, I believe it is one of the BEST Mall-Adjacent Apartments in Tangerang, Indonesia!
So, here's my offer: Book now and use code "GETAWAY15" for 15% off your stay! Your perfect Tangerang adventure, from the moment you step out of the apartment to the moment you step back in, awaits! Don't miss out!
Abidjan's Hidden Gems: 6 Secrets You NEED to See in Côte d'Ivoire
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your meticulously planned, color-coded, bullet-pointed travel brochure. This is a messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious account of ME trying to "vacation" – and probably failing spectacularly – at the Good Studio M-Town Residence near Mall By Travelio in Tangerang, Indonesia. Prepare for a journey into the depths of my slightly frazzled brain.
Pre-Trip Panic & Packing Mayhem (aka "My House is Vomiting Clothes")
- Day -3: The email arrives. "Congratulations! Your booking at Good Studio M-Town…" Yeah, yeah, I know. Let the anxiety begin. Suddenly, I have NO CLUE what to pack. The weather apps are all gaslighting me, showing conflicting information. Is it monsoon season? Is it perpetual sunshine? Do I need a hazmat suit? My closet explodes. Seriously, it's like a fashion apocalypse. I end up throwing everything in. EVERYTHING.
- Day -1: Panic mode. Check flight confirmations. Rechecking. Checking. I've developed a twitch. My passport? Hidden somewhere. It's always hidden. Find passport. Breathe. Or try to.
- Day 0: The "I'm-leaving-the-country" freakout. Did I turn off the stove? Did I lock the door? Did I feed the cat AND put out its medication? (He probably wants to eat me anyways) The airport experience: lines. People. More lines. And the inevitable, "Sir? Your bag is overweight." Fine. I will be using my jacket as a backpack on the plane. No, I did not think this all the way through. I may have made a mistake with my packing strategy.
Day 1: Tangerang Tango (or "Lost in Translation, Literally")
- Arrival: Okay, Indonesia, here I am! The airport is a sensory explosion. The smells. The sounds. The sheer humidity. I find my pre-booked Grab (thank goodness!). The drive? A blur of motorbikes, vibrant colors, and what I think were friendly smiles. My internal monologue is a frantic mix of "Wow!" and "Oh god, what have I gotten myself into?"
- Check-in at Good Studio M-Town Residence: The pictures online ARE SO PRETTY. I expected to hate it. It's… perfectly adequate. The staff is super polite and helpful, battling my pathetic attempts at Bahasa Indonesia. I think I successfully ordered a coffee ("Kopi susuuu… eh, one?" - I'm a linguistic genius). The room? Clean. The AC? Blessed relief. The bed? I dive in, a crumpled heap.
- Lunch at the Mall (which is, you know, right there): Exploring the mall next to the residence is kind of awesome. It is filled with amazing food. I get to have my first Indonesian meal with a group of people. I forgot the name of the place but I will say the food was great. It was a lot more than I was expecting. I also found some local snacks. It was an awesome experience.
- Afternoon Nap (a very necessary component of any travel itinerary): This is the real vacation. I needed this. So much.
- Evening: Mall Exploration Part Deux, The Electric Boogaloo: I'm a sucker for malls. Wandering around I find things I need, things I don't need, and things I have no idea what they are. I spend way too long staring at, and smelling, the aromatherapy section. I end up buying… wait for it… a face mask. Priorities, people!
Day 2: Cultivating Curiosity (and Possibly Getting Lost)
- Morning: The Quest for Breakfast: The tiny kitchenette in the room is… well, tiny. I try to make instant noodles. I fail. I burn the noodles. I give up and run to the mall.
- Daytime Exploration: I ventured out of the mall bubble. The staff at the residence were nice and gave me some directions to local markets. I found a vibrant local market, and I'm not sure if I just had the face mask, but I felt like I was actually able to breathe. I can confidently state that I did not know what half the things were, but the energy was addictive. I somehow manage to haggle for a piece of fruit that looks like a cross between a dragon and a mango. Success! (Mostly. I still don't know what it is.)
- Afternoon: Finding My Way Back (aka, "The Great Tangerang Scramble"): Okay, so maybe the directions weren't super clear. I get a bit… turned around. A lot turned around. I wander the streets, slightly panicked but mostly fascinated. Local kids point me in directions. Even the dogs seem to snicker. Eventually, after what felt like a minor odyssey, I stumble back to the residence. Exhausted. But triumphant.
- Evening: Dinner at a small, local warung (small restaurant). Ordering is a comedy of errors (more hand gestures than words). The food? Delicious. The price? Ridiculously cheap. The cultural immersion? Priceless.
Day 3: Double Down on the Food (and Some Shopping!)
- Morning: Went back to the mall and purchased things that I need for my next trip to the local market.
- Daytime: I found this amazing place. They had all sorts of snacks, food, and drinks. I got to find out the taste of authentic fruit and coffee. Some other amazing food. I went back here several times. I might have a problem….
- Afternoon: More shopping. I went back to some places that I enjoyed the most. I found a lot of new items. I tried to have some fun.
- Evening: I got to eat a bunch of meals. The best part was the people I met. I got to know some amazing people. Then had to come back to the hotel.
Day 4: Departure & Post-Trip Delirium
- Morning: Pack. Again. Why is it always harder to pack leaving than to pack going? I feel like I accumulated so much more stuff somehow. The hotel staff bid me farewell--so sweet!
- Departure: Another Grab ride to the airport (same chaotic, beautiful experience). The flight home. Sleep.
- Post-Trip: Laundry. The never-ending laundry cycle of a trip. Photos. Trying to sort through a million pictures. The lingering (and slightly sweaty) feeling of post-vacation bliss. And a weird craving for dragonfruit. And planning the next trip… already.
Final Thoughts (Mostly Just Rambling):
Tangerang. It was… an experience. Messy. Chaotic. Wonderful. Did I perfectly navigate every situation? Absolutely not. Did I eat questionable things? Probably. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. It wasn't perfect, but it was mine. And that's the best kind of trip, right? Now, where's that face mask…?
Unbelievable Sapa Views: Chapa Stream House's Hidden Gem!
Okay, Let's Unravel the M-Town Mystery: Your (Probably Slightly Biased) FAQs about Travelio's Good Studio at M-Town!
So, Why M-Town? What's the Big Deal?
Alright, let's be real: the *main* reason I ended up at Travelio's Good Studio in M-Town? Proximity. Specifically, REALLY close proximity to the Supermall Karawaci. Like, “roll out of your bed, stumble across the street, and practically live in the food court” close. And honestly? Sometimes, that convenience is *everything*. Especially when you're craving… well, everything. The endless choices of the mall are both a blessing and a curse. I swear, I gained five pounds just SEEING the Krispy Kreme sign. Ugh.
Plus, the promise of a "good studio"? Sounds good, right? But that is what the answer's is, I guess
Is It REALLY As "Good" as They Say? (Like, Seriously?)
Look, "good" is subjective. It's a studio, so don't expect a mansion. My unit? It was… functional. Cleanish. The bed was comfy enough after a long day of battling the crowds at the mall (more on that later). The AC worked. You know, the basics. But here's the thing: The bathroom? Tiny. Seriously, I'm not a giant, and I felt like I was auditioning for a clown car in there. And the water pressure? Sometimes it was a gentle trickle, sometimes it was a slightly aggressive dribble. Not ideal for a post-shopping shower where you've experienced the humidity of Tangerang. No, not ideal at all.
How's the Noise Level? Will I Be Able to Sleep in Peace?
Okay, noise. This is a BIG one. It depends. Because you're *so* close to the mall, you'll hear the occasional siren, the distant rumble of traffic, and the faint but persistent background hum of…life. It's not a silent retreat, let's put it that way. I’m a light sleeper, and sometimes…sometimes it was rough. Earplugs? Strongly recommended. Especially on sale days at the Supermall. You might think it is like a war-zone.
Then again, my neighbor was apparently a night owl who also felt the need to blast dangdut music at 3 AM. So, your mileage may vary. Maybe he was just really, *really* happy about his new purchase at ACE Hardware? Who knows.
What's the deal with the Kitchenette? Can I actually COOK?
"Kitchenette" is a generous word. Actually, it's a cute word. The "kitchenette" consisted of a small counter, a sink, and a microwave. Forget gourmet meals. Think instant noodles, microwaved leftovers, and maybe… *maaaybe* – if you're feeling ambitious – a fried egg. I mean, I attempted to make coffee once. The tiny space had more limits than my patience at 8 AM. It just wasn't designed for serious cooking. Which, frankly, is fine, because the mall food court is RIGHT THERE.
Is the Wi-Fi Reliable? I Need to Survive Working From "Home".
Ugh, the Wi-Fi. It varied. Some days, it was blazing fast, and I could stream movies, video chat, and even upload photos of my impeccably styled instant noodles (kidding… mostly). Other days? It was slower than Indonesian bureaucracy. Which is never a good sign. Be prepared to invest in a mobile data plan if you *really* depend on being connected. Seriously. The Wi-Fi could be a fickle friend, and that sucks if you work for a living online.
Tell Me About the View! Is It Instagrammable?
The view… well, let's just say it wasn’t the postcard-perfect vista I'd hoped for. Depending on your unit, you might be staring at the neighboring building, or the parking lot, or maybe, just maybe, a sliver of the Tangerang skyline. "Instagrammable?" Maybe if you're really, *really* good at angles and filters. I mostly saw the back of the Supermall, which is… functional, I guess. But it's not exactly going to inspire any sonnets. Maybe a grocery list though.
What's the Deal with the Gym & Swimming Pool? Are they Worth It?
Ah, the amenities! The promise of a post-shopping guilt-relieving workout! The gym… was okay. Small, but with the basic equipment. I'm not a gym rat, so it served its purpose. The pool? Actually, the pool was pretty nice. It was clean, of decent size, and a welcome escape from the Tangerang heat. Sitting by the pool with a book (and a sneaky bag of mall-bought snacks) was one of the highlights of my stay. Totally worth it.
Okay, but Seriously. The Biggest Pain Point?
Elevators. The elevators were the bane of my existence. During peak mall hours, waiting for an elevator felt like a full-time job. Sometimes, you'd cram in like sardines with weary shoppers and screaming kids. Other times, the elevator would go up, down, and up again, seemingly at random. I swear, I spent an hour watching the elevator lights once. Then, they would become packed and then back down. The traffic inside these would be worse than the traffic outside.
I'm not even kidding; sometimes, I considered taking the stairs. And I'm not a fan of stairs.
Would You Stay There Again?
Honestly? Maybe. If I needed to be close to the Supermall Karawaci again? Absolutely. The convenience factor is HUGE. Despite the tiny bathroom, the elevator drama, and the occasionally wonky Wi-Fi, there's something undeniably appealing about being able to walk to literally *everything*. It's not luxury, but it's functional, and sometimes, that's all you need. And I'd always keep earplugs handy. And maybe a spare mobile hotspot. And a lot of patience. And… okay, maybe I’d stay again. But don’t tell anyone I said that.


Comments
Post a Comment