NYC Queens Escape: Luxurious Stay at Residence Inn!

NYC Queens Escape: Luxurious Stay at Residence Inn!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Residence Inn in Queens, NYC. This isn't your cookie-cutter hotel review; this is a raw, unfiltered, and slightly disorganized account of my stay. Consider this journey into the heart of luxury… or at least, a very comfortable stay, peppered with my own ridiculous expectations and the occasional existential crisis about the quality of hotel coffee.
SEO Boost - Let's Get Those Keywords Buzzing!
Before we go anywhere, let's get some search engine optimization juice flowing. This review is all about NYC Queens Escape, Residence Inn, Luxury Hotels NYC, Queens Hotels with Pool, Accessible Hotels NYC, Family-Friendly Hotels NYC, Hotel with Free Wi-Fi Queens, Hotel with Breakfast Included, you get the idea. We're trying to get this gem seen by everyone from stressed-out business travelers to frazzled families seeking a breather.
Arrival & First Impressions: The Great Lobby Encounter (Or, "Where's My Caffeine?")
Right, let's start at the beginning. Getting to the Residence Inn was pretty straightforward. Airport transfer? (Getting Around: Airport Transfer) Yeah, there was a shuttle. Didn't use it. I'm an Uber gal! (Getting around: Taxi service) Walking into the lobby felt… clean. Like, disturbingly clean. (Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services). The front desk person was… nice. (Services and conveniences: Front desk [24-hour]) Efficient, even. No fumbling, no blank stares, just a check-in process that actually worked. Score! I think it's the small things that do me in and I was desperate for caffeine! The thought of the coffee in the room was slightly terrifying, so before I’d even got the keys to my room I was trying to find a coffee shop, of course, the Hotel coffee shop was the only one. Disaster. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Coffee shop, Coffee/tea in restaurant)
The Room: My Temporary Fortress of Solitude
Now, the room! (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.) It was spacious. Really spacious. Like, I could practically roll around in the king-size bed (Available in all rooms: Extra long bed) without hitting anything. There was a comfortable sofa (Available in all rooms: Sofa), a desk (Available in all rooms: Desk) that actually looked like it was meant for working. (Available in all rooms: Laptop workspace) High floor (Available in all rooms: High floor) – always a winner. And finally, that sweet, sweet, glorious FREE Wi-Fi. (Available in all rooms: Wi-Fi [free]). (Internet: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas) Thank the internet gods, because my social media addiction needed a fix immediately. My biggest problem, so deep into this review? I got way too comfy.
Accessibility & Inclusion:
This is super important and a big selling point for some people, so let’s get into it. (Accessibility: Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests) I didn't need any of these things personally, but I did check and it was all there. The website clearly states it’s got accessibility features, elevators, and all that jazz. (Services and conveniences: Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests). The hotel gets a big thumbs up from me on this front. It makes a world of difference knowing they care about all kinds of people being able to relax and enjoy themselves.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Food Odyssey (and occasional caffeine withdrawals)
Okay, here’s where things get… complicated. The Residence Inn has a complimentary breakfast… of sorts. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, Alternative meal arrangement, Breakfast takeaway service). The buffet itself was… standard. Eggs, some sad-looking bacon, maybe a waffle or two. Nothing to write home about, but hey, it's free. Let's just say I’m not giving up my local coffee shop anytime soon. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Coffee shop, Coffee/tea in restaurant). One day, though, I wanted more. I was going to treat myself…So, I decided to order through room service. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Room service [24-hour]). The room service menu was… sparse. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: Restaurants, A la carte in restaurant) The service itself? Okay. The food? Not bad, not amazing. But it was the experience of ordering room service that I loved.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: The Pool & The Gym (Oh, the Gym!)
Listen, I'm not the world's most athletic person. But the gym at the Residence Inn? (Ways to relax: Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]) It was surprisingly well-equipped! (Ways to relax: Fitness center, Gym/fitness) Treadmills, weights…the whole shebang. I even tried a bit of a workout. (Ways to relax: Fitness center, Gym/fitness). And a pool with a view! (Ways to relax: Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor]). Did I use it? No. But the option was there, you know? And that, my friends, is what counts.
Cleanliness & Safety: Germaphobe Approved (Almost)
I am a massive worrier when it comes to cleanliness, especially in a post-pandemic world. (Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Hygiene certification, Staff trained in safety protocol, Hand sanitizer, Safe dining setup, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Individually-wrapped food options, Room sanitization opt-out available). I was relieved to see evidence of their efforts throughout the hotel. Everything was sparkling, and there were hand sanitizing stations everywhere. (Cleanliness and safety: Hand sanitizer). The staff wore masks, everyone seemed to take the hygiene protocols seriously. (Cleanliness and safety: Staff trained in safety protocol). (Cleanliness and safety: Safe dining setup, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter). Bonus points for that.
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
The Residence Inn offers a ton of services (Services and conveniences: Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center). I didn't use most of them. (I was too busy sprawled out on my bed with Netflix and room service). But the fact that they were available made me feel like they were really trying to take care of you. Cash withdrawal, concierge service, laundry – the works.
For the Kids & Families:
(For the kids: Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal). Family-friendly? Absolutely. The Residence Inn is a fantastic option for families. Spacious rooms, the indoor pool (Ways to relax: Swimming pool, Swimming pool [indoor]). I saw plenty of happy kids running around, so that's a pretty good sign. And babysitting services! (For the kids: Babysitting service).
My Verdict: The Queen's Escape? Absolutely.
Look, the Residence Inn isn't perfect. No hotel ever is. But it is a comfortable, convenient, and overall enjoyable place to stay. It's perfect for families, it's close to local activities, and the rooms are really nice. Did the free breakfast
Popeyes Guest House Sharda: Your Luxurious Pakistani Escape Awaits!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered truth from a recent… experience… at the Residence Inn New York Queens. Let's just say, it was a journey. More like a chaotic, delicious, sleep-deprived sprint through a giant, noisy, exhilarating city.
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread in the Borough of Dreams (And Parking Ticket Hell).
- 1:00 PM: Land at JFK. (Hallelujah! Made it. My luggage? Miraculously intact. My sanity? We'll see.) The sheer volume of humans trying to escape the airport is a spectacle. Like a well-orchestrated (or maybe badly orchestrated) zombie movie.
- 1:30 PM: Uber to the Residence Inn. I swear, the closer you get to Queens, the more diverse the car colors become. This city is a rainbow on wheels.
- 2:30 PM: Check in. The lobby is… functional. Beige. I'm already starting to feel the crushing weight of adulting. Will I ever achieve optimal beige-ness in my own life?
- 3:00 PM: Room exploration. Okay, it's a suite. Score! Kitchen? Check. Couch? Check. Mini-fridge big enough to hold my emotional support La Croix and a slightly questionable container of hummus? Also, check!
- 3:30 PM: Parking debacle. (Let's just say parking in New York is an Olympic sport and I, sadly, am a mere spectator.) Found a spot, thought I was golden, walked back to the hotel (where I would soon receive a parking ticket). Deep breath. Welcome to New York, baby!
- 4:00 PM: Walk around Queens. This place is a melting pot of cultures and cuisines. I am immediately overwhelmed with options. I am already hungry.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Ended up at a place called "El Acuario" on Roosevelt Ave. The name is a bit deceptive - no actual fish swimming around I think. But the food was AMAZING. Like, get-in-my-belly-now amazing. I devoured a whole plate of pupusas. My mouth is still burning. Worth. It.
- 8:30 PM: Walk back to the hotel. The street is alive with the sounds of life. Laughter, music, a guy yelling about something I couldn't understand but seemed very passionate about. City vibes: activated!
- 9:30 PM: Finally! Sleep. (Or at least, attempted sleep. The city never sleeps, including the construction workers right outside my window. Earplugs? Check.)
Day 2: Tourist Trapped! (But in a Good Way, Mostly).
- 8:00 AM: Wake up. Somehow survived the night. Stiff neck, thanks to that suspiciously thin pillow, but alive! Coffee time. (Hotel coffee is terrible, but it is fuel.)
- 9:00 AM: Hop on the subway. This, my friends, is where things got interesting. The subway is a study in human behavior: stressed-out commuters, enthusiastic buskers, bewildered tourists (me!). I'm pretty sure I saw a guy reading a book titled "How to Survive the Apocalypse (and the NYC Subway)."
- 9:30 AM: Arrived at the world-famous Times Square. OMG. So many flashing lights! So many people! So much… sensory overload. Took a deep breath and dove headfirst into the madness.
- 10:00 AM: Tried very hard not to be that tourist. I was one. I took the picture. Sorry, not sorry.
- 11:00 AM: The Metropolitan Museum of Art. A humbling experience for someone who can barely tell the difference between Mondrian and Monet.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Picked up a random slice from a place I was pretty sure was "Joe's Pizza." Or something that sort of looked like it. It was fantastic. Best pizza I have ever had in my life. Definitely recommend, although I can’t actually recommend it.
- 2:00 PM: Central Park. Ahhhh. The green lung of the city. Needed this desperately after the intensity of the city. Walked around, watched people, felt a sense of peace. For about five minutes. Then the ice cream vendors descended.
- 5:00 PM: A show on Broadway! (Yes, I know, cliché.) "Wicked." Seriously. Epic! Seriously. I may have cried during the song "Defying Gravity." Don't judge me.
- 8:00 PM: Dinner at some random, overpriced restaurant in the Theater District. Food was forgettable, but hey, I was in New York!
- 9:30 PM: Subway ride back to Queens. This time, I knew the drill. Didn't even flinch when the train screeched to a halt for no apparent reason.
- 10:30 PM: Stumbled back to the Residence Inn. Exhaustion level: Expert. Passed out in a heap of takeout containers and forgotten travel brochures.
Day 3: Brooklyn Bridge & Borough Market Mania (and the Sweet Taste of Sweet Revenge (on that Parking Ticket)).
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. (At the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was… generic. But free. And I’ll take free over anything.)
- 10:00 AM: Crossed the Brooklyn Bridge. Breathtaking views! The sun, the water, the majestic structure itself… I'm not normally a "bridge person," but even I was impressed.
- 11:30 AM: Explored DUMBO. (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). The cobblestone streets? The brick buildings? The Instagram-worthy photo ops? Yep, it was tourist central. But I got the picture.
- 1:00 PM: Borough Market. Food, Glorious Food! This place is a sensory explosion. Cheeses, meats, pastries, more food than I could physically consume in a week. I. Was. In. Heaven.
- 2:30 PM: Walked through the borough market. I saw something, ate more things. I just ate a lot!
- 3:00 PM: Found a small, very friendly parking-ticket lawyer.
- 3:30 PM: Got rid of the parking ticket. Victory is mine!
- 4:00 PM: Heading to the airport.
- 6:00 PM: Flew home.
Final Thoughts:
This trip was a whirlwind. Messy, chaotic, exhausting, but ultimately, incredible. I ate too much, walked too far, and spent way too much time on the subway. But I saw some amazing things, met some interesting people, and experienced a city that truly never sleeps. Would I go back? Absolutely. In fact, I'm already planning my next adventure. Maybe I'll even learn how to parallel park before then.
P.S. The Residence Inn was… fine. Clean, comfortable, relatively quiet (once you factor in the city noises), and had free coffee. Essential for survival. But the real star of the show? New York City. It’s a love-hate relationship, this city, but damn, it's a good story.
Escape to Paradise: Luca's Cove, Your Makati Oasis!
Queens Escape: My Honest, Messy Breakdown of the Residence Inn!
Okay, so... Is this Residence Inn actually 'luxurious'? Because, you know, NYC and "luxurious" don't always go hand in hand.
Right, "luxurious" in NYC is a loaded term, isn't it? Forget the gold-plated taps. Let's be real. But... *for a Residence Inn*? Honestly, it's surprisingly... elevated. Picture this: I walked in, jet-lagged from a flight that felt like I’d aged a decade, and the lobby wasn’t the fluorescent-lit torture chamber I'd prepared myself for. It was... pleasant. Modern, airy, smelled faintly of expensive soap (a good sign!). The rooms? Actually, decently sized. I mean, not a ballroom, but enough space to swing a cat… or at least, not trip over my suitcase every five seconds. So, "luxurious"? Let's call it "comfortably upscale for a Residence Inn" – which, in New York, is basically winning the lottery.
The free breakfast. What's the *real* deal with the free breakfast? Will I be forced to eat sad, rubbery scrambled eggs?
Oh, the breakfast. The *breakfast*. Okay, buckle up, buttercups. The *potential* for sad, rubbery eggs is always there. Always. But! This Residence Inn actually *tries*. There’s a waffle maker, strategically placed to lure in the weary traveler. The coffee? Drinkable. Not Starbucks-level, mind you, but better than the sludge you get at some places. They had bagels, which, in NYC, are practically a religious experience. The real test? The *fruit*. I am a fruit snob. And... the fruit was... *decent*. Not the ripest, most glorious strawberries I've ever seen, but edible. And for a free breakfast where you're not risking food poisoning, that's a win in my book. I may or may not have accidentally taken three bagels one morning. Don't judge me, I was hungry!
Okay, location, location, location! Where exactly *is* this place? And is it, like, a million miles from everything?
It's in Queens! Specifically, Long Island City. Which, let me tell you, is undergoing a serious glow-up. Used to be all warehouses and… well, not much. Now? It's got cool restaurants, art studios, and surprisingly, it's close to the subway. Really close. Like, a five-minute walk. (Don't underestimate a five-minute walk with a heavy suitcase, though. It feels like a marathon when you're dragging your weary bones to the front door.) The subway gets you into Manhattan in, like, fifteen minutes. Boom. Suddenly you're not paying Manhattan prices for a shoebox apartment. But, and here's a big but… the immediate area around the hotel is still kind of… evolving. Think industrial chic meets a touch of… well, maybe a little less “chic” right now. But, hey, you can't have it all, right? Especially not in NYC.
The gym. Be honest. Is it a sad closet with a treadmill from the 80s?
Okay, the gym. *Sigh*. It's not terrible! But... the lighting is a little... intense. You know that fluorescent gleam that just makes you feel like you’re being interrogated about your fitness choices? Yeah, it has that. However, the equipment *functioned*. There were treadmills, ellipticals, a few weights... I even saw a medicine ball! Listen, I'm not a gym rat. More of a gym *pretender*. I went once, bravely jogged for *five minutes*, and then promptly spent the rest of the afternoon eating pizza. So, judging the gym is probably not my forte. But hey, at least it was there, it was clean (relatively), and the music wasn’t completely awful.
Seriously, though... what was the best thing? And the worst thing?
Okay, BEST thing? The *comfy bed*. Seriously. After a day of dodging taxis and navigating subway escalators (and let's be honest, probably a bit of aimless wandering), sinking into that bed felt like a hug from a giant, fluffy cloud. I could have stayed there forever. I almost *did* one morning. Almost missed my train to a meeting because I was so blissfully encased in those sheets. The *worst* thing? Hmm… This is tough. Maybe, the noise from the street? You're in NYC, so you're going to get noise. But it was particularly loud one night – sirens, car horns, the general cacophony of city life. But, you know, that’s New York. You pay your money and you take your chances. And honestly? The comfy bed almost made up for it.
Is the staff friendly? Because let's face it, sometimes NYC hotel staff are... well, let's just say 'efficient'.
The staff? Surprisingly, yes! They were actually… *nice*. Which, in NYC, is a genuine bonus. Check-in was a breeze. I had a question about the subway, and they didn't just grunt and point vaguely. They actually *helped*. They offered tips. They seemed, dare I say, *genuinely happy* to assist. One guy even smiled, which, considering the inherent grumpiness I’m prone to, felt quite odd and disconcerting. But in a good way! They are a genuine perk of this hotel or residence inn.
Parking situation? Because, driving in NYC... is it possible without losing your mind? Or your car?
Parking? *Ugh*. I didn't drive. I *wouldn't*. Seriously. Between the one-way streets, the aggressive taxi drivers, and the general feeling of impending doom, I took the subway. I *highly* recommend it. Having said that, I *did* see a parking garage attached to the hotel. I think it costs an arm and a leg. So, if you're a glutton for punishment (and have a lot of money to burn), go for it. Otherwise? Public transport, baby. Embrace the chaos. It's cheaper, and honestly, it's more fun (in a masochistic kind of way).
Overall, would you recommend this place? Be honest! Would you stay again?
Okay, drumroll, please… Yes. I would. For the price, and the location, and the… *comfortable bed* (I can't emphasize this enough!), it's a solid choice. It's not the Ritz. It's not the Four Seasons. But it's clean, it's convenient, the staffWhere To Sleep In


Comments
Post a Comment