Manila's BEST Kept Secret: Ervoruto Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury!

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Manila's BEST Kept Secret: Ervoruto Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury!

Manila's BEST Kept Secret Finally (Un)veiled: Ervoruto Hotel – Where Luxury Actually Feels Real! (And Maybe a Little Chaotic)

Okay, people, listen up. Forget those sterile, corporate hotel reviews. I'm here to spill the tea on Ervoruto Hotel, Manila's… well, their secret weapon. Honestly, I've debated whether to even write this because I kinda want to keep it all to myself. But hey, sharing is caring (kinda). So, here goes everything – the good, the bad, and the totally unforgettable. Prepare for a rollercoaster ride, because this place is anything but boring.

First Impressions: Grand…But with a Whisper of "We're Still Figuring Things Out"

Let's be honest, the lobby screams luxury. Polished marble, soaring ceilings, that air conditioning… pure bliss after the Manila heat. The doorman practically bows, and the concierge? They're on it. Seriously, they probably know your blood type before you've even finished checking in. Accessibility is thankfully a priority; they have an elevator, and the common areas seemed pretty navigable. I didn't thoroughly check, but it seemed promising. They do have facilities for disabled guests, so that's another big check!

Internet Woes (and Wins!): The Tech Tango

Alright, let's get this out of the way: the Internet situation is… a mixed bag. They tout "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" and hey, that's the dream, right? Well, let's just say the signal strength sometimes resembled a faint whisper. Internet [LAN] is also available, which I appreciate. In the public areas, Wi-Fi in public areas was more consistent. But hey, it's the Philippines. You learn to embrace the fluctuations. Honestly, sometimes it was faster to… I'm not even going to say it because I'm trying to sound like a travel expert and I ended up just enjoying the moment. Internet services were, well, they were there. I didn't notice anything special, and nothing particularly wrong.

Rooms: Opulent Sanctuaries (With a Few Little Quirks)

My room? Pure indulgence! The Air conditioning was perfect, a soothing hug from the Manila heat. Picture this: Blackout curtains (essential for those jet-lagged naps), a bathtub big enough to swim in (okay, maybe not swim, but you get the idea), and, get this, bathrobes and slippers! Complimentary tea and free bottled water? Yes, please!

Speaking of quirks, my Additional toilet was… a little too close to the main bathroom. And the mirror placement was a bit odd (okay, maybe it's just me). The In-room safe box was a lifesaver, though! So, that said, the room was perfect. I loved the desk, the sofa, and even the extra long bed. I can appreciate the laptop workspace.

But here's the thing: it felt lived-in. Not in a dirty way, never! But you could sense a history, a life. It wasn't a sterile, cookie-cutter space. And that… that's where the charm of Ervoruto really begins to shine. My room was even non-smoking. And the smoking area was out on the balcony. You had the option!

They also had plenty of safety/security feature features, from the smoke alarms to the security [24-hour], to the check-in/out [express]. I felt genuinely safe in my room.

A Rambling Note on the Food (Because…Food!)

Okay, buckle up, because the food scene at Ervoruto is… an experience. There are Restaurants and a Coffee shop, and Poolside bar. They do have Room service [24-hour]. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast, both, so if you're into variety, you are in luck!

I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical of the International cuisine in restaurant. But their take on [a particular dish] was amazing. I can't even describe it. Okay… wait. Their [same dish] was amazing. I am not a food critic and I can't seem to stop with [the same dish]. What I do remember is that the coffee/tea in restaurant was delicious. And thankfully they provided a bottle of water at my beck and call at all times, so if I was having the hiccups, I had instant access to fluid.

I did try the Salad in restaurant and it was fresh. They had a Desserts in restaurant too. The Happy hour was a nice touch – but get there early, because the good stuff vanishes fast!

I also appreciated all the options, the Alternative meal arrangement, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, and the Snack bar options. Honestly more than satisfied.

Spa Shenanigans and Ways to Relax: Ah, Bliss! (Mostly)

This is where Ervoruto truly shines. The Spa is a sanctuary of tranquility. The Pool with view is breathtaking. The Sauna and Steamroom? Heaven. I had a Massage that left me feeling like a limp noodle (in the best way possible). I didn't try a Body scrub or Body wrap. But the facilities were there, and you could see that they were well-maintained.

However, here's a personal anecdote: I went for a treatment, and got totally lost. It wasn't the hotel's fault, it was mine, but they helped anyway. It took me a good ten minutes to get where I was going. I felt a good level of privacy in my room.

Cleanliness, Safety, and That "New Normal" Feeling

Alright, let's talk about the elephant in the room: COVID. Ervoruto takes safety seriously, but again… with a side of "Philippine Charm." They use Anti-viral cleaning products, there's Daily disinfection in common areas, and hand sanitizer is EVERYWHERE. They have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Staff trained in safety protocol. The physical distancing of at least 1 meter seemed to be generally practiced – but it wasn't enforced with a death grip. I found it reassuring, not suffocating. You could even request Room sanitization opt-out available, if you were into that. The hotel did have the Hygiene certification, too!

For the Kids & Services & Conveniences: Family Friendly? (Maybe)

I didn't travel with kids. But they Family/child friendly and have Babysitting service and Kids meal.

They have all the usual Services and conveniences, like Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Concierge, Currency exchange, Cash withdrawal, Luggage storage, etc. I found the staff to be super helpful.

They even had a Gift/souvenir shop!

The Not-So-Perfect Bits (Because No Place is Perfect)

  • The "Hotel Chain" Vibes: Ervoruto isn't a giant chain, which is great. But occasionally, the service felt a tiny bit inconsistent. Some staff members were exceptionally attentive; others… not so much.
  • The Noise Factor: The Manila is a busy city, so no matter where you stay, you're going to hear something. The Soundproof rooms did a good job, but if you're super sensitive to noise, bring earplugs.
  • Lack of…Well, Consistency: The internet, for instance, was a problem, but it was not a consistent problem. The whole hotel was an experience, not just a service or a place.

The Verdict: Book It! (But Manage Your Expectations)

Okay, so Ervoruto isn't flawless. But that's part of its charm. It's a place with character, a place where you feel like you're actually experiencing Manila, not just passing through. The luxury? It’s real, but it’s not pretentious. It’s comfortable. The hotel is amazing.

So, what's the ultimate appeal?

  • Unbelievable Luxury: The rooms, the spa, the service… it's all top-notch.
  • Sense of Place: You feel like you're truly in the Philippines, not just another generic hotel.
  • Memorable Moments: You won't forget your stay at Ervoruto. Trust me on this one.
  • Perfect Proposal Spot: The hotel's atmosphere, the proposal spot, it's all fantastic!

My Honest Recommendation: For a Romantic Getaway, or a Business Trip, it has you covered. The best place to be!

SEO-Optimized Offer: Manila's Best Kept Secret: Ervoruto Hotel - Unbelievable Luxury!

Tired of boring hotels? Discover Ervoruto Hotel, Manila's hidden gem! Experience unbelievable luxury with stunning rooms, a world-class spa, and impeccable service. This hotel offers accessible rooms and **facilities for disabled guests

Escape to Paradise: Phonglan Guesthouse, Chau Doc's Hidden Gem

Book Now

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Okay, buckle up Buttercup, because this itinerary is less "polished travel brochure" and more "slightly manic travel diary of a person fueled by instant coffee and the faint hope of not getting bedbugs in Manila." We're doing this thing, Ervoruto Hostel Makati, Manila, Philippines-style. Prepare for a whirlwind, a hot mess, and maybe… just maybe… a tiny moment of enlightenment.

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Makati Scramble

  • 12:00 PM (ish): Touchdown at NAIA. Ugh. The airport. I swear, it's designed to drain your soul before you even see the country. The air is heavy, a mix of jet fuel and existential dread. Finding a reputable taxi? Practically a competitive sport. After what felt like hours of haggling (and mentally composing angry tweets), I finally escape, clutching my bag like it’s a lifeline.
    • Anecdote: The taxi driver, bless his soul, blasted reggaeton the entire ride. I couldn’t understand a word, but it somehow made the chaos of Manila’s traffic feel… less chaotic?
  • 2:00 PM (ish): Arrive at Ervoruto Hostel. Okay, okay, it’s…cute. Think colorful murals, a slightly overwhelming amount of friendly faces, and the general aroma of "lived-in backpacker." My dorm room? I’m pretty sure the last occupant left a sock under the bed. Don't judge, it's travel.
    • Quirky Observation: There's a sign that says "Leave Your Worries at the Door (Please Don't, We Need Stuff to Talk About)." Haha, good one.
  • 3:00 PM (ish): Officially checked-in. I'm still alive. Time to explore Makati. The hostel staff, brimming with the kind of caffeine-fueled enthusiasm only found in young people, recommends a food tour. I'm in.
    • Emotional Reaction: I’m mostly starving, exhausted, and slightly terrified of trying Balut (duck embryo). Wish me luck.
  • 4:00 PM (ish): Makati Food Tour - First stop, a kare-kare (peanut stew) joint. Delicious. Like, profoundly delicious. I'm already regretting my diet plan.
    • Messy Structure: Wait, what was that street vendor selling? Is that…deep-fried anything? I MUST KNOW. Okay, focus. Food tour. Back to the plan.
  • 6:00 PM: (ish): The food tour continues, a delicious blur of flavors and textures. We are now at sisig (chopped pork) heaven.
    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: Oh. My. GOD. Sisig is a revelation. Spicy, savory, and crunchy in all the right places. I could eat this for the rest of my life and die happy. Seriously.
  • 7:30 PM (ish): Evening drinks at a rooftop bar in Poblacion (Makati). I swear I saw a bar named "The Thirsty Fox".
    • Opinionated language: Poblacion is so obviously the place to be. The cocktails are STRONG, the views are Instagram-worthy (even though, let's be honest, my Instagram is a sad collection of blurry food pics).
  • 9:00 PM (ish): Back to the hostel. Commence the battle against jet lag and the lingering possibility of bedbugs. Praying for a good night's sleep…or at least a nap that doesn't involve me drooling on my pillow.

Day 2: Intramuros and the Emotional Rollercoaster of History

  • 9:00 AM (ish): Attempting to wake up. Success: partial. Coffee: essential.
    • Rambles: I swear, my brain feels like the inside of a washing machine. I'm still half-convinced I'm dreaming. Also, did I leave my charger in my room? This is why I can't have nice things.
  • 10:00 AM (ish): Take a jeepney (iconic Filipino public transportation) to Intramuros, the historic walled city. The jeepney ride: a chaotic, colorful, and blessedly cheap experience.
    • Anecdote: Almost got squished by a bag of groceries in the jeepney. Apparently, it’s a rite of passage.
  • 11:00 AM (ish): Exploring Intramuros. San Agustin Church and Casa Manila are beautiful. The architecture here is gorgeous. I mean, for a period of time, it was a real "thing".
    • Quirky Observation: The horse-drawn carriages are charming, but also, I feel sorry for the horses. The heat is brutal.
  • 1:00 PM (ish): Lunch at Barbara's Heritage Restaurant
    • Emotional Reaction: Intramuros is overwhelmingly beautiful in one moment and in the next, it hits me with realization of the horrible past the city holds. I am overwhelmed by both the beauty and the pain.
  • 3:00 PM (ish): Back in the hostel. I need to lie down. Maybe cry.
  • 5:00 PM (ish): Dinner at a local carinderia (small eatery). The food is cheap, delicious, and possibly cooked with pure love.
  • 7:00 PM (ish): Time to mingle and meet some new friends at the hostel. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but I'm forcing myself to be.
    • Opinionated Language: The hostel is doing exactly what its supposed to do. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Day 3: The Great Manila Departure

  • 9:00 AM (ish): Breakfast. Hostel pancakes are not the best, but they'll do.

    • Messy Structure: Wait, did I forget to buy souvenirs? Panic sets in. Manila traffic is a beast.
  • 10:00 AM(ish): Say goodbye to my new friends at our hostel.

  • 11:00 AM (ish): Depart from Manila.

    • Stronger Emotional Reaction: This trip was a rollercoaster of sensory overload, cultural immersion, and the occasional existential crisis. I loved it. I can't wait to be back.
  • Final Thoughts: Manila isn’t perfect. It’s chaotic, intense, and sometimes a little overwhelming. But it’s also vibrant, delicious, and full of heart. I'm leaving with a full stomach, a slightly lighter wallet, and a newfound appreciation for the power of sisig. And maybe, just maybe, I’ll go back next year and try that balut. (Maybe.)

Remember, this is just a starting point. Embrace the chaos, get lost (literally, I beg you!), and let Manila work its magic. You won't regret it… probably.

Aloft Seattle Airport: Unbeatable Views & Perks! (WA)

Book Now

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto Hotel: Manila's "Unbelievable Luxury"? Let's Break This Down, Shall We?

Okay, Okay, "Unbelievable Luxury"... Is it REALLY that good? Spill the tea!

Alright, buckle up, buttercups. "Unbelievable Luxury" is a bold claim, even for Manila's hidden gems. And Ervoruto? Well... it's complicated. Look, the first thing that *hits* you is the smell. Seriously. It's like a thousand orchids had a baby with a cloud made of pure money (probably jasmine, knowing the place). That alone... *chefs kiss*. You’re instantly transported from the concrete jungle that is Manila to… well, a much fancier jungle. But is it *unbelievable*? Hmm. I’d say it leans more towards *impressive* with a healthy dose of "wow, they thought of everything". I mean, fresh flowers everywhere? Check. That ridiculous infinity pool overlooking the city? Check. The staff that anticipates your every need *before* you even realize you have one? Double-check. There was this one time, right? I was checking in, jet-lagged to hell and back. I just mumbled something about needing coffee and a newspaper. Before I could even *finish* saying "the", a steaming cup of expertly-brewed coffee and a crisp, perfectly-folded newspaper appeared. Like magic! It was so surreal, I nearly cried. Then I spilled coffee all over the newspaper. (See? Imperfections!) But they just smiled and replaced it. That's the kind of service we're talking about.

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they REALLY as stunning as the photos? (Because let’s be honest, those pics are *amazing*).

Alright, let's talk rooms. The photos? Yeah, they're pretty accurate. Which is rare, let's be real. They *really* are stunning. Think ridiculously spacious, think floor-to-ceiling windows offering views that'll make you question your life choices (in a good way), think… well, think the kind of room you’d only ever dream of affording. The first time I stayed there, I wandered around for a good five minutes just… *gawking*. I'm pretty sure I tripped over the ridiculously plush rug at least twice. I’d already imagined how I would decorate my apartment when I won the lottery! The bathroom? Oh, the bathroom. Marble everywhere, a soaking tub bigger than my first apartment, and the kind of shower that makes you want to sing opera. Seriously, I felt like a queen. (A slightly clumsy, coffee-spilling queen, but a queen nonetheless.) **But!** (And there’s *always* a but, isn’t there?) One minor quibble: My phone signal was patchy. Which, okay, it's a luxury hotel, you're supposed to disconnect, blah, blah. But I had to work sometimes... (Sigh). Maybe I should have asked for a different area. But it’s a minor point... really, really minor.

Is the food worth the price tag? Because let's face it, luxury hotels can be highway robbery on your wallet.

Okay, let's address the elephant… or rather, the extremely expensive platter of wagyu beef… in the room. The food. Yes, it's pricey. VERY pricey. Prepare to wince a little (or a lot) when the bill arrives. But… BUT… the food is *phenomenal*. And look, I'm not saying it's *cheap*, but it's an experience. It’s not just food; it's an event. The breakfast buffet? Forget about it. A glorious, decadent spread that rivals any I’ve seen. Freshly baked pastries, exotic fruits, eggs cooked every conceivable way… I gained five pounds just *looking* at it. (Totally worth it, by the way.) And the coffee? Perfection. I remember ordering room service one night (because, hey, *luxury*). I just… didn’t feel like leaving the magnificent confines of my room. I think I ordered like, three different dishes, a chocolate cake to myself, and maybe a bottle of something fizzy. When it arrived, the presentation was immaculate. Like, you wouldn’t have been surprised if a small angel appeared to sing you a song. The taste? Oh. My. God. Each bite was a revelation. Worth every single, ridiculously expensive peso. Okay, the main restaurant can be a little… *stuffy*. But the food more than makes up for it. Also the staff are so attentive you almost feel bad for leaving a single grain of rice on the plate. Almost.

What's the vibe like? Is it stuffy and pretentious, or can you actually relax?

This is a HUGE question. And honestly, the answer is… *mostly* relaxed. They *try* to create a relaxed environment. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. They don't look down their noses at you if your dress code is ‘slightly disheveled tourist’. But… there is a *sense* of expectation. You know? Like you’re supposed to *act* a certain way. Sophisticated, polished, effortlessly elegant. Which, let's be honest, I am *not*. I'm more of a ‘spill something down my front, make a loud noise, and then giggle uncontrollably’ kind of person. So, yeah, it can feel a *little* intimidating at times. Especially around the… the *types*. Some of the guests look like they were born in tuxedos. I saw one guy order a simple club sandwich and have it deconstructed and reconstructed with *different* bread. Different bread! Meanwhile, I was stuffing my face with pastries. But honestly, despite the occasional pretension, it's still a place where you can unwind. You *can* order room service in your pajamas and watch cheesy movies without judgement. Ultimately, it’s about *you* making it your own. They work very hard to make it that way.

Pool or Spa? Which one's the Ervoruto MVP?

Okay, pool vs. spa. This is a Sophie's Choice situation, my friends. Both are *amazing*. The pool, of course, is glorious. The infinity edge, the city views, the cocktails… pure bliss. Lounging poolside with a book and a ridiculously fancy drink is pretty much my idea of heaven. But the music is always very, very chill. The spa? Oh, the spa! Heavenly scents, expert therapists, massages that melt away your stress… If I could live there, I would. One time, I had a full body massage that was so good, I swear I levitated for a few seconds. Seriously, I felt lighter than air! I was practically in a coma for the next hour. It was the best thing *ever*. (And maybe a bit *too* good, because I'm pretty sure I drooled a little.) So, the MVP? Tough call. But I'd lean towards the spa. The pool is wonderful, but the spa is... transcendent. That massage was LIFE-CHANGING. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little. But seriously, go for the spa. You won't regret it. Your body (and your sanity) will thank me. And maybe, just maybe, you'll levitate, too. (Fingers crossed.)

The Bottom Line: Should I book it? And when?

Hotel Hide Aways

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Ervoruto hoste lmakati Manila Philippines

Comments

Popular posts from this blog