Majorca's Hidden Gem: Stunning Obelisc Apartments Await!

Majorca's Hidden Gem: Stunning Obelisc Apartments Await!
Majorca's Hidden Gem: Stunning Obelisc Apartments Await! - Forget Perfection, Embrace Bliss (with Wi-Fi Everywhere!)
Okay, let's be real. Finding the perfect hotel is like chasing a unicorn. They say they exist, but mostly you end up with a slightly disappointing pony. But the Obelisc Apartments in Majorca? They're not just a pony. They're almost a unicorn - and definitely worth a serious look. Let me tell you why, ‘cause I just got back, and my brain is still marinated in sunshine and sangria.
First things first: Accessibility. This is huge for me. Finding places that actually care about accessibility is a win in my book. The Obelisc does a pretty darn good job. I didn't personally need a wheelchair-accessible room, but I saw elevators, and the common areas seemed open and easy to navigate. The website promises facilities for disabled guests, which gives me hope. I'll have to confirm the specific details when booking next time, but it looks promising.
Internet! This is crucial, people. We're in the 21st century. I need my Instagram fix. And the Obelisc delivers. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise the heavens! Plus, there’s Wi-Fi in the public areas, too. And, if you're old school, you've got Internet [LAN] (which, honestly, I haven't used in a decade, but hey, options!). Okay, maybe slightly less unicorn-like on this point. But hey, Internet solved my problem so it's good. I was able to post photos of the sunset – that felt like a unicorn.
Cleanliness and Safety: Okay, here's where the Obelisc really shone. Post-pandemic travel is like navigating a minefield, right? You're constantly wondering if your room has been properly sanitized. Rest assured, the Obelisc takes this seriously. They've got all the bells and whistles: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professionally trained sanitizing services, and rooms sanitized between stays. They even had Hand sanitizer everywhere. I didn't see a single speck of dust, which is saying something! Plus, the staff were all masked, which made me feel comfortable. I felt safe, which is a huge deal.
Now, let's talk about the stuff that makes a vacation memorable.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax…and Maybe Get a Little Pampered: The Obelisc has a Swimming pool [outdoor] – and it's gorgeous. Turquoise water, a view… pure bliss. I spent hours just floating around, catching rays, and pretending I had nothing to do. They also have a Fitness center, which, I'll be honest, I didn't use. But hey, at least it's there, right? I was more interested in the Spa. And the Spa/sauna. And maybe a Massage. The Spa was a bit small, but that's okay. I'm a fan of smaller intimate set-ups, feels cozier. The staff got me to relax. I walked out feeling like a new person – seriously. I'm a sucker for a good massage and they do a solid job. I felt so relaxed I nearly fell asleep on the taxi journey back to the airport. And the Pool with view? Forget about it. I spent more time in that pool than I did in a proper bed. It's stunning.
(Okay, confession: I might have had a little too much sangria by the pool one afternoon and nearly dropped my phone in the water. Luckily, an angel of a waiter was there to save the day. I owe him big time. I need to find his name so I can leave him a separate tip!)
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food is definitely an important part of a great holiday. The Obelisc doesn't disappoint. There's a decent Restaurants on site, with A la carte menu. I spent many of my evenings ordering from here as it was super convenient. There is also Room service [24-hour] - which is a lifesaver after a particularly long day of sunbathing. The Bar is lively - great for pre-dinner drinks and post-dinner conversations. I found the food selection was delicious - with Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and even Vegetarian restaurant options. I'm no breakfast person, but the Breakfast [buffet] was pretty good (although I'm not sure if it's worth going, I did it once, and that was enough for me), and they offer a Breakfast takeaway service – perfect for those lazy mornings. There's a Poolside bar which, let's face it, is where most of my calories were consumed!
Services and Conveniences: Okay, this is where the Obelisc really nails it. They were the best. The Obelisc offers a concierge, the Air conditioning in public area, which is the very best thing. Seriously, I'd move in there if I could. The Daily housekeeping service was impeccable. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They have Cash withdrawal, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Elevator. Just about everything you could want. The Luggage storage was also super useful when I arrived early. Shout-out to the friendly staff member who lugged my suitcase up the stairs!
For the Kids: I didn't travel with kids, but I saw families enjoying the pool. The Obelisc is definitely Family/child friendly, with Kids facilities and a Babysitting service available. I felt safe.
The Rooms: Where the Magic Happens (Or at Least, Where You Sleep): My apartment was fantastic. I had a Air conditioning, which is an absolute must in Majorca. A Balcony with a fantastic view (worth the price alone!), a Mini bar, a Coffee/tea maker, and a Free Wi-Fi [free]. The Bed was comfortable, and the Blackout curtains ensured a good night’s sleep. The Shower was a bit basic, but at the price range, I didn't let it affect my stay.
Getting Around: The Airport transfer makes arrival and departure a breeze. They have Car park [free of charge], but I didn't rent a car. Taxis were readily available and the Taxi service was very efficient.
The Imperfections (Because Perfection is Boring): Okay, I promised you honesty. The Obelisc isn’t perfect. The decor is a bit dated in some areas, but I didn't spend too much time inside. They are currently not allowed Pets allowed, which is a shame, but fair enough as it is a hotel.
Final Verdict: Go. Just Go.
The Obelisc Apartments are a gem. It's clean, safe, comfortable, and has a fantastic pool. The location is great, the staff are friendly, and the Wi-Fi is strong. What more could you want? I found it a truly wonderful experience.
Here's my offer to you:
Book your stay at Majorca's Hidden Gem: Stunning Obelisc Apartments and get:
- Guaranteed Free Wi-Fi and complimentary Breakfast!
- Unlock a FREE upgrade to a room
- Enjoy amazing pool and spa access.
- Relax, Unwind, and Disconnect with ease through seamless accessibility.
- Book Now and secure amazing rates.
Click here to Book Your Slice of Paradise!
(And tell them the crazy lady who nearly drowned her phone sent you!)
Escape to Paradise: Lakshmi Farm Alibaug Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your perfectly curated, Instagram-filtered itinerary. This is… real life, Majorca-style. Welcome to the chaos!
A "Sort Of" Itinerary for Apartamentos Obelisc, Majorca: AKA, Pray for Me, I Need a Sangria.
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Luggage Debacle (aka, Why Didn't I Pack Less?)
- Morning (ish): Arrive at Palma de Mallorca Airport. Fly in from London. Actually, scrap the timeframe - travel days are all about the feeling of time. It's like, the airport's a portal, and you're spat out the other side, slightly shell-shocked and craving a strong coffee.
- Reality Check: The airport is packed. Seriously, more people than I thought existed. Finding my rental car is like a treasure hunt, involving questionable hand signals, a lot of staring, and the sinking feeling that I left all my Spanish at home, which I apparently did.
- Transportation (and the inevitable panic): Okay, navigating the rental car is like trying to tame a wild beast. Turns out, the instructions weren't perfectly clear. And the GPS is…optimistic. I'm pretty sure it's leading me to a goat farm. Seriously, mountains and winding roads. My stomach is doing somersaults.
- Afternoon: Finally, FINALLY, arrive at Apartamentos Obelisc. The view? Gorgeous, breath-taking, the photo doesn't do it justice, but now I have to lug my suitcases up three flights of stairs. (Note to self: Next time, pack light.)
- Check-in: Pretty smooth, the staff is friendly, and the apartment is…well, it's clean enough, which is all that matters at this point. It's got character, let's say that. The balcony faces the sea! WIN!
- Evening: Food… need food. Hit up a nearby Tapas bar, ordered what I thought was patatas bravas (they were amazing, though). Then, a huge slice of almond cake. This is what I came here for. Stumbled back to the apartment, exhausted and happy.
Day 2: Beach Day, Sunburn, and Existential Crises (It's a Spanish Holiday, After All)
- Morning: Woke up to the sound of the waves. Pure bliss. Sunscreen, check. Beach towel, check. Enthusiasm, check. This is going to be the perfect day.
- The Beach (with a side of regret): The beach is stunning, the water is crystal clear. I found a lovely spot to stretch out with my book. Then, I fell asleep. And, well…let's just say my shoulders are now the color of a lobster. Sunburn much!
- Afternoon: Couldn't even look at the sun without wincing. Went back to the apartment to recover and try to fix my awful burn.
- Evening: Forced myself out, because, you know, I'm on holiday. Found a restaurant with live music near the marina. The food was good, the sangria was better, and the music, a cheesy cover band, was surprisingly charming.
- Quirky Observation: Every other person in the restaurant seems to speak fluent German. I need to get better at German.
- Emotional Reaction: I realize (again) that I need to embrace the chaos, even the sunburn. It's all part of the experience. This is so different from my life at home! Good and bad, this is it.
Day 3: Soller & The Tram (The High Point of the Trip, So Far)
- Morning: Decided on a day trip to Soller. Decided to be clever and use public transportation, so I could really savor the views.
- The Tram (OH. MY. GOD.): Took the (ridiculously charming) vintage tram. I knew it would be good. I heard other people talk about it. But the views are mind-blowing. The way the tram chugs along the coast, the turquoise water, the sheer cliffs – it's like something out of a movie.
- Anecdote: There was this old lady, maybe 80, who kept pointing at the scenery and saying "¡Maravilloso!" (Wonderful!). She was right.
- More Anecdote: At one point, the tram stopped because of a rogue goat. A goat! On the tracks! It was hilarious.
- Emotional Reaction: I almost cried. It's just so beautiful. I'm smiling from ear to ear, which is probably why I look so stupid.
- Afternoon: Wandered Soller, ate gelato, got lost in the charming little streets. More almond cake. Is this my life now? Eating almond cake daily, and riding on old trams? I'm in!
- Evening: Back to the apartment, exhausted but utterly content. The view from the balcony, as the sun sets, makes me feel like I won the lottery.
Day 4: Attempted Cultural Immersion & The Paella Paradox
- AM: I actually had the brilliant idea to go visit the local market. But, after an hour of bumping shoulders with other tourists, and feeling like I was being watched by every item on the shelf, I retreated.
- PM: This is where the real fun begins. Decided on a paella cooking class.
- The Reality: The cooking class was an organized mess. The chef was charming, but barely spoke English. The other students were a mixed bag - a couple who seemed on the verge of divorce, a loud family with screaming kids, and me. The ingredients? I'm pretty sure they were fresh… ish.
- The Paella Paradox: The paella looked beautiful. The class proudly displayed our finished product. But…I'm not going to lie…it tasted like burnt rice and sadness. Utterly lacking in flavor.
- Emotional Reaction: I was devastated! All that time, money, and effort… for a paella that would make any Spaniard weep. I even tried to be more creative than normal, but it wasn't any good. The other group members agreed.
- Quirky Observation: Some people said the class was the best paella they'd ever had. I do not trust those people.
- Evening: Headed around to a restaurant, and ordered Paella. It was fantastic!
- Emotional Reaction: Ah, yes. Acceptance. I'm not a chef. I'm a tourist, destined to make mediocre paella, and still have a good time somehow.
Day 5 & 6 (A blur of beaches, snacks, and naps):
- I'm rambling, I'm tired. Here's the gist:
- More beaches. More walking. More eating.
- More Sangria. (Seriously, I think it’s in my blood now.)
- Attempted to learn Spanish. Mostly failed. Managed, however, to order more almond cake.
- Realized I didn't want to leave.
Day 7: Departure (and a promise to come back)
- Morning: The dreaded packing. Said goodbye to the view (tears).
- Airport: The airport is somehow even more crowded than before. The rental car drop-off is a nightmare.
- Flight: Finally on the plane.
- Final Thoughts: This trip wasn't perfect. In fact, it was wonderfully imperfect. I burned myself. I made terrible paella. I got lost more times than I care to admit. But…I had an amazing time. I needed this.
P.S. I'm already planning my return.
**Rome's Hidden Gem: Saint Caterina House - Campo de' Fiori Awaits!**
Okay, Spill it: Are these Obelisc Apartments *Really* a Hidden Gem? Or Just Hype?
Ugh, okay, truth time. Hidden gem? Kind of. More like... a slightly tarnished, incredibly sparkly diamond. Look, the 'hidden' part is debatable. You'll stumble across the Obelisc Apartments in Majorca eventually if you're *really* digging. I found them after a week of disastrous Google searches and desperate scrolls through TripAdvisor. (Pro Tip: Filter by "least photoshopped" - you'll thank me later). So, "hidden" might be a stretch. But "seriously wonderful and worth the slight hassle of finding them"? Heck. YES.
What’s the location like – is it all pristine beaches and sangria dreams?
Alright, location, location, location. It's not on *the* beach. You know, the one with the influencers doing yoga at sunrise. It's closer to, well, life. A little stroll to the actual beach (it's a good stroll, mind you, perfect for working off the tapas). The town itself? Not overrun with tourists, thankfully. You get the real Majorcan experience: old ladies gossiping in the square, the baker's husband shouting the daily special, and that one cat who seems to own *everything*. Bliss. (Okay, maybe *less* bliss when you're desperately trying to remember your rusty Spanish to order a coffee). It's definitely more about authentic charm than pristine Instagram-ability.
The Apartments Themselves - What's the Deal? Are they Modern, or Rustic, or... What?!
Right. This is where things get interesting. "Modern"? Not really. "Rustic"? Getting closer. Think... charm with a healthy dose of character. My apartment? OMG, the balcony! Massive. Overlooking… well, mostly rooftops and a neighbour's laundry line. But it *felt* glorious. The furniture? A collection of "well-loved" pieces. Look, some things might be a *little*... dated. The shower head threatened to fall off at one point, but that's part of the charm, right? It's less "showroom perfect" and more "lived-in, loved, and full of memories." Plus, they're clean. And let's be honest, that's all that *really* matters. (I brought my own pillow, just in case. I'm a control freak, okay?) But seriously, the character is undeniable. You feel like you're truly *there*, not just in a generic hotel room.
Is It Suitable For Families/Couples/Partiers?
Families: yeah, totally. Plenty of space in most of the apartments. Kids can run around. There's even a (smallish) pool. Couples: Absolutely. Romantic? Definitely. (Especially if you like late-night rooftop drinks). Partiers: Hmm... probably not. This isn’t Ibiza. Think more "wind-down-with-a-book-on-the-balcony" vibes than "pumping-bass-until-dawn". You'll get *looks* if you start blasting music. (I witnessed it. Cringe).
The Pool – Is it Instagrammable? Because, you know, that’s important.
Okay, let's be brutally honest. The pool? It's... charming. It's not infinity-edge-with-a-view-of-the-Mediterranean charming. It's more like "quaint, refreshing, and perfect for a quick dip after a day of exploring" charming. It’s more functional than photogenic. Think: you, a slightly awkward pose, and maybe a rubber ducky you “borrowed” from the kids' section of the local shop. Seriously, don't come expecting an Instagram photoshoot location. Come expecting a place to cool down. (Which, let's be real, is usually what you desperately need anyway). My experience? One blazing hot afternoon, I cannonballed in. The splash was epic. I inadvertently soaked a nearby elderly gentleman reading his newspaper. He gave me a *look*. Not the Instagram-worthy kind. More of a "you young whippersnapper" look. But, hey, at least I cooled him off!
What's the Deal with the Staff? Friendly? Helpful? Invisible?
The staff? Honestly, lovely. They are, like, the embodiment of chill. Don't expect a concierge service bending over backwards. They're more about genuine warmth and helpfulness. They’ll give you recommendations for the best tapas, help you decipher the bus schedule, and give you a key (after you've awkwardly fumbled with your broken Spanish). I once locked myself out. It was late. I was tired. I'd had a *little* bit too much Rioja. They were, bless them, unfazed. They sorted me out with a smile. That's the vibe. Relaxed, helpful, and understanding of your inevitable travel mishaps.
Any downsides? Spill the beans.
Okay, okay, time for the messy bits. Downsides? Absolutely. The Wi-Fi. It can be... temperamental. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I spent one afternoon staring at a loading bar, willing it to move. It didn't. Embrace the digital detox, I say. Noise. You will hear the town waking up. The garbage truck. The church bells. That neighbor's dog that likes to yelp at 3 am. Earplugs are your friend. Parking. Depending on the time of year you go, it can be an utter nightmare. Prepare to walk. A lot. Or, you know, embrace public transport. And… ok, this is my biggest gripe… the beds. They’re not always the newest. I’m used to a certain standard of mattress and, well, let’s just say I wished I’d packed a memory foam topper! BUT. Despite all this? I'd go back in a heartbeat.
Would you recommend it? The big question!
Yes. *Absolutely* yes. Provided you're not expecting perfection. If you crave some proper local, authentic charm and are happy to live with a few minor imperfections, then book it! Just... don't tell *everyone*. Let's keep it a secret, shall we? (Maybe... just *a teeny* secret).


Comments
Post a Comment