JR Clementine Takamatsu: Your Ultimate Guide to Takamatsu, Japan

JR Clementine Takamatsu: Your Ultimate Guide to Takamatsu, Japan
JR Clementine Takamatsu: My Takamatsu Adventure - And Boy, Did This Hotel Help!
Okay, listen up, because figuring out where to stay in Takamatsu is a freakin' mission. I'm talking endless scrolling, comparing amenities… it’s enough to send you running back to that boring old comfort zone. But seriously, escape that zone! And you know what? JR Clementine Takamatsu might just be the key.
So, I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Takamatsu, and let me tell you, this city is a gem. Seriously, a total hidden treasure. But before I dive into the udon noodles and the Ritsurin Garden (oh, the GARDEN!), let’s talk about where I crashed – the JR Clementine.
First Impressions: Smooth Sailing (Mostly!)
Right off the bat, let's talk about the stuff that matters. Accessibility: This is huge for me, and honestly, the Clementine scores pretty well. I saw Elevator (yay!), and the facilities for disabled guests seemed pretty thoughtfully planned. Now, specifically how accessible the rooms are, I can't personally testify to, but it seemed promising. I did see other guests using wheelchairs that day, so that was a good sign.
Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private]: The check-in process was, thankfully, a breeze. No waiting in line for an hour! That's a win in my book.
Rooms - My Little Oasis
Okay, confession time: I'm a sucker for a good room. And the JR Clementine? Pretty darn good. My room had Air conditioning (essential!), a comfy bedding, and thankfully soundproofing. Listen, I NEED my sleep. They had the basics covered too: Hair dryer, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, and even a refrigerator for my sneaky midnight snacks. (Don’t judge!) I even had a window that opens to let in some fresh air. It's the little things, right?
The Internet [LAN], Internet access – wireless, and Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! were absolute godsends. I actually got some work done! (Laptop workspace – yes! Thank you!) Seriously, the Wi-Fi was good enough to stream Netflix.
Cleanliness & Safety: The New Normal
Let's get real, travel looks different now, right? I was relieved to see that the JR Clementine took safety seriously. I wasn’t expecting perfection, because let's be real, perfection is boring. But they came close.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: This was a relief, seeing staff cleaning and disinfecting frequently in common areas
- Hand sanitizer : They offered hand sanitizer everywhere, which made me feel safer
- Staff trained in safety protocol: The staff were wearing masks, and practicing social distancing as much as possible
- Rooms sanitized between stays: The room was clean when I first checked in, and the air felt fresh.
Dining, Drinking & Snackin' - Udon and Beyond!
Takamatsu is all about the food, especially the famous udon noodles. And while the hotel didn't have its own udon shop (a crime, I know!), it did have some solid food options.
- Restaurant: They had a restaurant offering a Buffet in restaurant which was so tempting, but I wasn't feeling it, but it was a nice option to have.
- Room service [24-hour]: They offer room service 24 hours, which is a great option if you're feeling peckish at night.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: They offered coffee and tea, which is very important.
- Bar, Poolside bar: They also offered some bar option next to the pool, so it was nice to relax.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The Breakfast [buffet] was actually pretty good. Not Michelin-star fancy, but a good start to the day. Seriously, they had an Asian breakfast option AND Western breakfast! It was a good balance.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax) - Finding My Zen (and My Udon Groove)
Okay, this is where the JR Clementine really came into its own. It's got a solid range of facilities, from practical to luxurious.
- Swimming pool [outdoor, Pool with view]: After a long day of exploring, the outdoor pool was amazing. Sitting in a cool, refreshing pool with the view of Takamatsu city was awesome.
- Gym/fitness, Fitness center: They had a fitness center if that's your thing.
- Sauna, Steamroom, Spa, Spa/sauna: I was bummed to miss the Sauna, Steamroom, Spa, Spa/sauna.
- Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap: They also offered massages, body scrubs, and body wraps.
Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easy
The little things matter, and the JR Clementine had a lot of those.
- Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service: I greatly appreciated the daily housekeeping.
- Elevator: I had no complaints with the elevator
- Concierge, Luggage storage: The hotel had a concierge and luggage storage, making things easier.
- Facilities for disabled guests: The hotel had a lot of facilities for disabled guests.
Getting Around: Smooth Sailing
- Taxi service, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Airport transfer: The hotel had parking, and if you're flying here, they offer airport transfers.
What I Loved (and a Tiny Grumble)
- The Location: It's a good starting point for exploring Takamatsu!
- The Staff: Generally friendly and helpful, with some of the staff speaking enough English to get by.
- The Pool: Honestly, the outdoor pool was a game-changer. Post-temple visit, pre-udon… pure bliss.
- The Wi-Fi: Reliable and fast.
- The Room's Size: A little small, but very nice.
In a Nutshell:
The JR Clementine Takamatsu is a solid choice for exploring Takamatsu. It's clean, comfortable, well-equipped, and has amazing amenities. It made my trip so much easier, and I'd absolutely stay here again.
My Honest-to-Goodness Recommendation and Call to Action:
If you're planning a trip to Takamatsu, BOOK THE JR CLEMENTINE! Seriously. Don't overthink it. It's a good, solid choice in a city that's just waiting to be explored. It's not just a hotel; it's a basecamp for adventure.
My Super-Duper-Honest Tip:
Go to Ritsurin Garden. Seriously. Just. Go. And then come back and chill by the pool at the Clementine. You deserve it.
SEO Stuff (because, you know, Google):
Keywords: Takamatsu Hotel, JR Clementine Takamatsu, Takamatsu Japan, Japan Travel, Accessible Hotels Japan, Takamatsu Udon, Ritsurin Garden, Takamatsu Hotels with Pool, Takamatsu Spa Hotel, Free Wifi Takamatsu.
Luxury Tokyo-Style Studio in Tangerang: PIK 2 Riverside Paradise!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-organized travel itinerary. This is me, grappling with Takamatsu, Japan, and the sheer chaos of travel. We're going to JR Clement Inn, and Lord, I'm expecting a small, functional room. Prepare for a rollercoaster of highs, lows, and the inevitable existential crisis that comes with being alone in a room with a questionable air conditioner.
The Takamatsu Tango: A Messy Itinerary (JR Clement Inn Edition)
Day 1: Arrival and That Goddamn Air Conditioner (and Instant Ramen Fuel)
- 14:00 - Arrival at Takamatsu Station. Okay, so, first impression? Surprisingly modern. But I'm tired. So, so tired. The flight felt like an eternity. Taxi to JR Clement Inn… and praying the Japanese "efficiency" extends to luggage handling. (Spoiler: it did. Bless them.)
- 14:30 - Check-in. Room assessment. The room… well, it's a room. Small. But clean. I'm mentally preparing for the minimalist lifestyle. Wait… is that… air conditioning? Okay, this is huge. I've been anticipating this moment since the flight landed. The air conditioner is a beast. A noisy, slightly unreliable beast. I may need to learn how to make air-conditioning art.
- 15:00 - Reconnaissance Mission: Convenience Store Raid. Fuel up! Gotta face the day, right? I'm talking 7-Eleven, baby. This is where the magic happens. I'm going to grab a bunch of instant ramen, a weird-flavored onigiri (probably something with fish, I'm calling it already), and some weird green tea, because I need to pretend I'm healthy. This will be my bunker.
- 16:00 - Exploring the area, maybe? It's hot and I'm in no mood to be a tourist. I'll drag myself out to some kind of food place and then back to the air conditioned room! I am a lazy person and don't want to be an active one.
- 17:00 - Back Home - Ramen Time!
- 18:00 - Air Conditioner Art & Existential Dread. This is where the real fun begins. The air conditioner is either on full blast (freezing) or off (sweaty hell). Am I supposed to thrive in these conditions? This is the perfect setting for some of those thoughts you keep to yourself.
- 19:00 - Lights out! I fail. Staying up late to stare at the ceiling. I wonder if I'll wake up happy or sad.
Day 2: Ritsurin Garden and the Art of Being a Tourist (and Getting Lost)
- 09:00 - Breakfast: Onigiri and a Prayer. Please, let the onigiri be edible. I'm trying to embrace the culture, but food is important. If it's fish, like I predicted, I'm just going back to the hotel.
- 10:00 - Ritsurin Garden pilgrimage. Okay, time to be a "cultured individual." Ritsurin Garden is basically a mandatory tourist spot, so I'm bracing myself for the crowds. Hopefully, I don't get overrun by snapping cameras and selfie sticks. I'm going to try to appreciate the scenery. (I bet I'll get bored.)
- 12:00 - Lunch: Somewhere with noodles. I'm thinking Udon. Takamatsu is famous for it, and I'm on board. Searching for that perfect bite.
- 13:00 - Accidental Detour: I'm expecting to get lost. It's inevitable. Me and maps are enemies. I'll wander down random alleys, discovering "hidden gems" (or just dead ends and weird little shops).
- 15:00 - Back to the Hotel: nap. nap. nap.
- 18:00 - Dinner around the hotel Trying to find a nice place with air conditioning!
Day 3: Island Hype (And the Ferry of Fury)
- 08:00 - Breakfast: This is going to be a repeat of the last two days. The excitement of a new city is starting to wear off.
- 09:00 - Ferry to… somewhere. Naoshima? Teshima? The art islands of the Seto Inland Sea. Everyone raves about them. I'm excited, I think. The ferry ride is a gamble. Will I get seasick? Will I make friends with the seagulls?
- 10:00 - Island Hopping and Art Appreciation (Attempt One). It's all about art, right? I'll try to engage, to understand. I mean, I like art, but sometimes it just looks like brightly painted rocks. Hopefully, this will challenge my soul.
- 12:00 - Lunch on the Island. Ramen, again. Or a weird sandwich. Or maybe just a bag of chips. I'm not going to be picky.
- 14:00 - More Island… Stuff. I don't want to overload my brain, I'll go with it.
- 16:00 - Ferry back to Takamatsu. I need to check the air conditioner.
- 17:00 - Air Conditioner check. is it ok?
- 18:00 - Dinner. Try to find a new noodle place. (maybe?)
Day 4: Departure - And the Memory of that Air Conditioner
- 08:00 - Final Onigiri and Goodbyes. To the convenience store. To my small room. To the air conditioner.
- 09:00 - Last-minute souvenier hunt. I'll buy something ridiculous. A Takamatsu-themed mug? A weird little ceramic cat? Probably a pack of Kit Kats.
- 10:00 - Pack my bag, last time. Trying to forget the air conditioner.
- 11:00 - Train to the airport. Goodbye, Takamatsu. You were… an experience. I think.
- 12:00 - Head to the airport. I hope I'm not forgetting anything.
- 14:00 Flight. Flight home and sleep the sleep of the defeated.
Post-Trip Debrief:
Okay, so, here's the thing. Travel is messy. It's not always beautiful photos and perfectly curated experiences. It's the sweaty bus rides. It's the language barriers. It's the weird food. It's the air conditioner that's trying to kill you. But it's also the moments of wonder. The unexpected connections. The feeling of being completely, utterly present in a strange place.
Did I enjoy Takamatsu? Yeah, I think so. Would I go back? Maybe. But first… I need a vacation from my vacation. And maybe therapy. And definitely a new air conditioner.
Escape to Luxury: Tru by Hilton Tallahassee Awaits!
JR Clementine Takamatsu: Your Utterly Unedited Takamatsu Rundown
Okay, so, what *is* this JR Clementine Takamatsu everyone's yammering about?
Think of it as the HEART of the region's rail network. It's like the hub where all the spoke-y trains meet. It's not just a building, it's an experience. And sometimes that experience is a bit… chaotic. More on that later.
Is it easy to navigate? Because I'm directionally challenged.
BUT. Here's the REAL kicker. Once, I had a *very* important meeting (don't ask) and I was running late. Like, *really* late. I sprinted through the station, tripped over a misplaced suitcase (sorry, lady!), and ended up… well, *somewhere*. Not where I needed to be. Lesson learned: factor in extra time. And maybe don't wear dress shoes. And learn some basic Japanese for "Where is the…?"
Pro-tip: Look for the udon place. If you can *find* it, you're at least in the right general vicinity.
What kind of trains run through there? Is it just the Shinkansen?
The *real* charm is the local trains – the ones with the slightly worn seats and the friendly conductors. They're your ticket to exploring the less-touristy bits, the little villages, the hidden temples. They also have a tendency to...stop…unexpectedly. One time, I was on a local line to Shodoshima, and we stopped *dead* in the middle of nowhere for like an hour. No explanation. Just… silence. And the smell of fresh wheat. (It was lovely in retrospect.) So, pack snacks, and don't be in too much of a hurry.
Okay, so, train tickets. How does that work?
I once tried to buy a ticket to "that place with the… the… bridge." Yeah. That went well. (They were very patient, bless them.) So, do your research beforehand. Have your destination written down. Or, better yet, use the Japan Official Travel app. It's a lifesaver.
You can *probably* get away without booking in advance for most local routes. But long-distance travel, and especially during peak season? Book ahead. Trust me. Standing for hours on a train because you didn't plan? Been there, done that, got the aching feet to prove it.
And a little confession: I *hate* the process of figuring out train routes. The maps make my head spin. I often just wave my hands and point and hope for the best. It usually works… eventually. (Don’t be me.)
Are there any good food options *inside* the station? Because I'm always hungry.
My personal favorite? There's this tiny *kiosk* just outside the gates that sells the most amazing *onigiri* (rice balls) I've ever had. Literally the size of my face. Sometimes, I’d skip breakfast just so I could treat myself to one before a trip. Totally worth it.
Be warned, though: It *is* a train station. Expect crowds during peak times. And the aroma of *dashi* (broth) will linger in your clothing. You'll get used to it. (And secretly, you'll find yourself craving it.)
What about luggage? Is there somewhere to leave my giant suitcase?
However… during peak season (again!), those lockers can fill up faster than a ramen bowl. So, arrive early if you can. Or, be prepared to walk… *a lot*. Sometimes, because I'm lazy, I just ended up dragging my suitcase around. Not ideal. But hey, exercise!
Also, pay attention to the locker's instructions. I once locked my bag in a locker, forgot where it was, and spent a frantic hour wandering around looking for it. (Embarrassing, to say the least. Lesson learned: take a picture of the locker number.)
Are there any other things to do *at* the station, besides trains and food?
There's also a connection to the Takamatsu Marugame-machi Shopping Arcade, which is a great place to browse and grab some local snacks. Essentially, you can step out, and you're immediately *in* the heart of things.
Oh, and! TheNomad Hotel Search


Comments
Post a Comment