Escape to Paradise: Vang Vieng's Simon Riverside Hotel Awaits!

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Escape to Paradise: Vang Vieng's Simon Riverside Hotel Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: Vang Vieng's Simon Riverside Hotel Awaits! - A Review You Can Actually Trust (Maybe…)

Okay, so, Vang Vieng, Laos. Think lush mountains, the Nam Song river (I'll get back to that river), and… well, the hangover from the backpacker party days, hopefully fading. That's where the Simon Riverside Hotel waltzes in, promising a slice of paradise. And you know what? They don’t completely lie.

Firstly, the location is gold. Right on the river. Seriously, the views… wow. You get it, right? Waking up to that, with the mist hanging over the Karst mountains? Instant Instagram-worthy moment. Which, let's be honest, is vital.

Accessibility: They claim to be accessible. Elevator? Check. But honestly, I didn't spend a ton of time looking for accessibility features, so I can't give you a definitive yes or no on wheelchair usability throughout the entire property. It looked good, but you should probably call and confirm if this is a crucial factor for you. I’m more concerned with how far I have to walk after my massage.

Rooms: Ah, the rooms. They’re pretty darn nice. Clean, modern-ish. You get the essential Air conditioning, which you will absolutely need. And my room had… Internet access - Wireless (aka free Wi-Fi which is available in all rooms) – thank god. I’d die without that. Plus, it’s got a refrigerator, which is essential for keeping those beers (and water, because heat stroke is a real possibility) icy cold. Big comfy beds and a balcony that looked right out along that river! (That river again!) And let me tell you how wonderful it is to wake up to the day with complimentary tea.

Now, the bathroom situation – and I’m going to get real here, okay? The shower was… adequate. Not the most powerful water pressure ever, but hey, I wasn't expecting a pressure washer. Plus, they had slippers! Little things, man, they make a difference. And they have a hair dryer. I swear I needed that. You think you’re prepared for the humidity, but you aren’t.

Cleanliness and safety: This is where the Simon Riverside Hotel shines (and where my initial anxiety quietly receded). Okay, post-COVID, you want to know about this stuff, right? They've got their act together. Hand sanitizer everywhere. They used anti-viral cleaning products. Staff seemed to be taking it seriously. They even have rooms sanitized between stays. It just felt…safe. They’ve got CCTV in common areas and outside the property. They're on it. Honestly, huge kudos to the staff for making me feel comfortable about hygiene. This is coming from a germaphobe, so that's saying something.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking… My Kryptonite!: Okay, let’s talk food. This is where things get interesting. The main restaurant has a mix of Asian and International cuisine and it's pretty good. I’d say it's a strong “meh.” Decent, not AMAZING. Breakfast! Oh, the glorious glorious (and necessary) breakfast. They have a breakfast buffet, with your standard options, and, thankfully, coffee/tea. You need that coffee. I had a Western breakfast, because that's what always draws me in, it was fine. They even had a poolside bar, which is genius. Who doesn't want a cocktail by the pool? The poolside bar and happy hour saved my sanity. I’m pretty sure I spent at least a few hours there daily. You can also order room service [24-hour]. Now the snack bar, well, the snack bar served pretty decent snacks. I was a big fan of the spring rolls.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax (My God, Do We Need This?): This is where you REALLY see the value. First off, the swimming pool. It's gorgeous. Pool with view of that incredible river and those mountains. Seriously, a dream. I spent a solid chunk of each day lounging there. If you’re feeling adventurous, the gym/fitness center is available, but I was more of a “stroll from the pool to the bar and back” type of person.

Then comes the Spa! Oh… the spa. I indulged in a massage. (I think this is where I found that walking distance!) It was heavenly. Just melt-into-the-table good. Seriously, get a massage. You need it. They offer body scrub and body wraps, too, but I was too busy chilling by the pool. I had a foot bath too!

Services and Conveniences: The staff is really helpful. Concierge to help you out, they've got essential food delivery, and they'll even handle your daily housekeeping. They'll also do laundry service. The best part? Free car park [free of charge].

For the Kids: I'm not a parent, but there were families with kids, and they seem happy! They have babysitting services, and kids facilities as well.

Getting Around: They offer airport transfer, taxi service. You can literally spend all day in the hotel and be happy.

The River: A Love Story… and a Slightly Embarrassing Incident

Okay, I have to tell you about the river. The Nam Song. It's the star of the show. Kayaking on the river is a must. Tubing? The legendary… well, let's just say I'm getting older and I stuck to the pool. Anyway, I ended up spending a LOT of time on my balcony, just staring at the river. It's mesmerizing.

Here's the embarrassing part. One night, slightly over-refreshed after happy hour at the bar and the poolside bar. I may, or may not, have tried to climb onto the bridge to see the sunset better. Let’s just say security gently guided me back to my room. The staff was, as always, incredibly professional and discreet about my sudden and overwhelming desire to experience the sunset from an elevated viewpoint. Sorry, everyone!

The Verdict? Book it (Maybe with a Pinch of Caution):

The Simon Riverside Hotel? It’s a winner. It’s not perfect. But It’s perfect-ish. For me, the location is key. The amenities are great. The staff is fantastic. The food is fine but the drinks and massages are superior. And, most importantly, it provided the perfect basecamp for my Vang Vieng adventure. It’s a place to relax, recharge, and, potentially, make a fool of yourself in front of the bridge.

Here's my pitch (and a REAL deal!):

Tired of the same old generic hotel rooms? Craving an escape? Look no further than the Simon Riverside Hotel in Vang Vieng, Laos! Picture this: waking up to the majestic Karst mountains, the gentle flow of the Nam Song river, and a luxurious vibe that'll melt away your stress.

Here's what you'll get:

  • Breathtaking Views: Rooms with balconies overlooking the stunning Nam Song River.
  • Unbeatable Relaxation: A sparkling swimming pool with a view, a top-notch spa with incredible massages (trust me!), and a super comfy gym.
  • Unforgettable Dining: Delicious Asian and International dishes at the restaurant, refreshing cocktails at the poolside bar, and a generous breakfast buffet to kickstart your day.
  • Comfort & Convenience: Free Wi-Fi (because, let's be real), air conditioning, and every amenity you could want.

Limited-Time Offer! Book your stay at the Simon Riverside Hotel this week and get:

  • 10% off your room rate!
  • A free welcome drink at the poolside bar – a chance to soak in those stunning views with a cocktail in hand.
  • Special Offer - Free massage after three days stay!!

Don't wait! Escape to Paradise and book your stay at the Simon Riverside Hotel today! (Click here to book Now!)

Escape to Paradise: Ram Madaiya Homestay, Faizabad!

Book Now

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This ain't your grandma's itinerary. We're diving headfirst into Vang Vieng, Laos, and the Simon Riverside Hotel, armed with nothing but a questionable sense of direction and a whole lotta caffeine. Prepare for a rollercoaster of messy emotions, questionable decisions, and enough river tubing adventures to make your liver cry.

Title: Vang Vieng: My Heart, My Stomach, My Sanity (Probably All Left on the River)

Accommodation: Simon Riverside Hotel – Bless their hearts. They're trying. (More on this later…)

Day 1: Arrival – Holy Mud, It's Beautiful! …And I'm Already Lost?

  • Morning (Err, Late Morning): Touchdown in Vientiane. The plane ride? Forgettable, just like my ability to remember where I put my passport. Then, the bus – a glorious, sweaty, four-hour adventure to Vang Vieng. Smelly backpackers, questionable music choices (thanks, DJ Lonely Traveler), and a road that makes you question your life choices. But the scenery? BAM! Karst mountains piercing the sky, rice paddies shimmering, and a river that’s just begging to be conquered. Immediately regretting only packing a single pair of shorts.
  • Afternoon (Afternoon-ish): Arrive at the Simon Riverside Hotel. The "riverside" part is true! The view from the balcony is breathtaking… until a gaggle of screaming children starts a water balloon fight directly below. But hey, at least I have a view. The room? Clean enough, I guess. The air conditioning sounds like a dying walrus but it’s actually doing a great Job.
  • Late Afternoon: "Orientation" Wandered around, mostly because I was hungry and in desperate need of a Beer Lao. Found a restaurant promising "authentic Lao cuisine." Ended up trying the larb (minced meat salad), which was amazing. But… I think I accidentally ordered the "extra spicy" version. Tears. So many tears. My mouth felt like the surface of the sun.
  • Evening: Evening river side stroll - followed the wrong direction and ended up in a mud bath. Laughing at myself, and just enjoying this. Followed by a Beer lao, and a lot of staring at the river, wondering what tomorrow brings.

Day 2: Tubing! Or, The Day My Ego Drowned in the Nam Song River

  • Morning: Woke up with the sun, and a slightly questionable stomach. Ate the hotel’s questionable breakfast (eggs that looked like they’d been through a war). Fueled up for the day's main event: TUBING! This is it. This is why I came. I had visions of serenely floating down the river, sipping cocktails, and looking effortlessly cool. (Spoiler alert: didn’t happen.)
  • Mid-Morning: Got a Tuk-Tuk to the start point, which was already a chaotic adventure. Got my tube, got on the river… and immediately got stuck on a rock. "Expert Tubing." Sure.
  • Midday: The River! The river was glorious. Until the first bar. Then another. The beer flowed, the music blasted, and my "effortlessly cool" veneer crumbled. Ended up trying to do pull-ups on a rope swing and… well, let's just say I made a splash. A very, very unflattering splash. The water was cold, the beer was warm, and my dignity was long gone.
  • Afternoon (Late, Slurry Afternoon): Crawled back to the Simon Riverside Hotel, sunburnt, bruised, and smelling vaguely of river water and regret. Passed out for three hours.
  • Evening: Attempted a civilized dinner, but the sun and the beer of the day got the best of me, and I ended up eating pizza from a street vendor, and falling asleep halfway thru.

Day 3: Exploring the Caves (And Possibly My Own Inner Demons)

  • Morning: Feeling surprisingly vibrant, after an early but light breakfast. Decided to tackle the caves! Visited Tham Phu Kham Cave and the Blue Lagoon. The walk up to Tham Phu Kham was a killer, but the view from the entrance… breathtaking. The cave itself was cooler, and more intricate than I thought. Then the most amazing thing.
  • Midday: Jumped into the Blue Lagoon! The water was emerald green and freezing, perfect during the midday heat. The only downside? The crowds. So many people. But it was still worth it. The rope swings were fun, but I nearly ate it a few times.
  • Afternoon: Went out again to search for some more hidden gems that Vang Vieng has to offer, after an hour of asking around, I found a hidden waterfall, and spent 2 hours of absolute bliss.
  • Evening: Back at the hotel, I met some other tourist, and we went to a local restaurant. Had a great time, and enjoyed the food.

Day 4: Goodbye, Vang Vieng! (Or, Goodbye to My Clean Undies)

  • Morning: One last breakfast at the hotel. This time, I'm brave with the coffee. Checked out of the hotel. Sigh, and walked through the streets of Vang Vieng one last time.
  • Mid-Morning: Back in the bus with the same music selections. It's going to be a long ride back. Started to reminisce about the time in Vang Vieng, and the friends I made.
  • Afternoon: Back in Vientiane.

Quirky Observations & Emotional Reactions:

  • The Simon Riverside Hotel: Honestly, they're trying their best. The staff are lovely, even when you accidentally lock yourself out of your room at 2 AM. The water pressure, however, is a cruel joke.
  • The Food: Lao food is a revelation! The flavors are vibrant and spicy (sometimes too spicy). But don't trust street food too much, my stomach can attest to that.
  • The People: Everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming. I've made more friends in four days here than in the past year.
  • The Feeling: Vang Vieng is a messy, chaotic, beautiful, and utterly unforgettable place. I came here expecting adventure, and I got it. I came here expecting relaxation, and I kinda got it. I came here expecting to find myself, and I got lost (literally and figuratively) instead. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way. This place has a way of getting under your skin, in the best possible way.
  • The Regret: Probably should’ve packed more sunscreen. And fewer "nice" shirts.

Final Thoughts:

This trip was a glorious, sweaty, sunburnt, and slightly drunken mess. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. Just prepare yourself for the unexpected, embrace the chaos, and for god's sake, remember to bring bug spray!

Escape to Paradise: Noosa Sound's Sunshine Coast Bliss

Book Now

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Escape to Paradise? More Like... Escaping Reality! My Vang Vieng Simon Riverside Hotel Truth Bomb

So, Is the Simon Riverside Hotel REALLY that idyllic? Like, Insta-worthy perfect?

Okay, truth time. "Idyllic" is a strong word. Let's just say… the photos are *very* flattering. Yes, the river is gorgeous. Seriously, the Nam Song looks like liquid emerald sometimes. But the "perfect" part? Nah. My first impression? "Wow, this is… rustic." You're not getting pristine white sheets here, folks. More like… well-loved, slightly-worn, but generally clean sheets. And the Wi-Fi? Pray to the Lao gods for even a flicker. I swear, some days it’s faster to send a carrier pigeon. I mean, when you're escaping the real world, maybe being cut off is a good thing, right? Although, frantically trying to book a bus to Luang Prabang with dial-up in 2024? Not ideal. But honestly? I still loved it. More on why later.

What's a typical room like at the Simon Riverside? Give me the nitty-gritty details.

Alright, room deets. Think basic, but functional. Our room? We had a balcony overlooking the river, which was *amazing*. That alone made it worth it. The bed? Comfy enough, but again, don't expect luxury. The fan was a lifesaver because the AC struggled (which is pretty standard in Southeast Asia!). The bathroom… well, it did the job. Hot water was… intermittent. Let's just say I got *very* good at quick, cold showers. And the towels? Thin-ish. Bring your own if you're a towel snob. But listen, you're not here to lounge in your room all day, are you? The real magic is outside. I spent hours on that balcony, just watching the world go by. Seriously, it was bliss, even with the dodgy plumbing. My inner critic, however, was SCREAMING about the quality of the shower head.

And the food? Any recommendations? Spill the tea!

Okay, food! The hotel's restaurant is… convenient. Breakfast is included, usually some variation of toast, eggs (sometimes), and maybe a sad little sausage. Dinner? Pretty decent, actually. They have the standard Lao dishes, like Laap (minced meat salad, spicy!), and of course, the ubiquitous Pad Thai. But here's the real insider tip: explore Vang Vieng! Don't eat *every* meal at the hotel. Walk along the river, find a little family-run place. The food there is where the magic truly happens. My favorite? A tiny place a few minutes walk away from the hotel, with the most heavenly mango sticky rice I've ever tasted. Seriously, I almost cried from joy. Honestly, the food was incredible and cheap. That's the one thing I remember most. Every plate was a tiny, delicious adventure.

What's there to actually *do* in Vang Vieng? Besides chilling by the river, of course.

Oh, honey, Vang Vieng is packed with stuff! Forget the old party scene; that's largely gone. Now, it's all about the natural beauty. Kayaking on the Nam Song is a must. Tip: Don't fall in (I nearly did – the current can be sneaky!). Tubing is still a thing, but it's more chilled out now. You've got Blue Lagoon 1, 2, and 3 - and all of them are gorgeous (though crowded). Then there is the hot air ballooning. I chickened out! I have a fear of heights. But I did see it many times and those aerial views are supposed to be *insane*. And the caves! Tham Phu Kham Cave is a classic, with a reclining Buddha inside. Wear good shoes; it's a bit of a climb. I also hired a scooter and rode around the countryside. That freedom? Priceless. I felt so incredibly free - almost like I was flying! It was an amazing way to see the local villages too. It totally blew my mind.

Okay, but what was the WORST thing about staying at the Simon Riverside Hotel? Be honest!

Ugh, okay, this is the tough one. Honestly? Noise. The noise in the evenings. It wasn’t the hotel’s fault, really. But Vang Vieng, even now, can be a bit… loud. You had the music from the bars (which, by the way, mostly played terrible dance music), the occasional motorbike, and the general chatter of tourists. My first few nights were rough. I am a light sleeper. I considered investing in industrial-strength earplugs – or maybe moving to a remote monastery. The second worst thing? The occasional cockroach sighting. But hey, you’re in Southeast Asia. It's kind of part of the experience. You have to accept that. And for the price, I could live with a few creepy crawlies.

Would you go back to the Simon Riverside Hotel? And if so, why?

You know what? Absolutely. Despite the imperfections, despite the (very) rustic charm, I would go back in a heartbeat. Because… it's real. It's not some sterile, chain hotel experience. It's a little rough around the edges, yes. But it's authentic. It's the kind of place where you can sit on your balcony, sip Lao beer, and watch the sun set over the river, and truly feel like you've escaped the world. I loved the sense of community among the other travellers. I struck up conversations with people I never would have otherwise. It’s a place where you can unplug, unwind, and reconnect with yourself. And sometimes, that's exactly what you need. It's not perfect, but that's part of its charm. And anyway, the memory of that mango sticky rice alone is enough to make me book another flight. Ugh, now I'm craving it again...
Hotels In Asia Search

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Simon Riverside Hotel Vang Vieng Laos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog