Cavendish Getaway: Cozy Cabins & Unforgettable Memories at Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort!

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Getaway: Cozy Cabins & Unforgettable Memories at Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into a review of Cavendish Getaway at Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort, and let me tell you, unforgettable memories? That's not even close to the whole story. This place is…well, let's just say it's got character. And I’m here to spill the tea.

First Impressions & "Accessibility" – A Bit of a Rollercoaster

Okay, so the accessibility. This is where things get a little… interesting. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. And maybe they do. But let’s just say if you’re relying on smooth, effortless navigation, pack your patience. There are elevators, which is a HUGE plus, but navigating some of the pathways? Let's just picture a gentle, meandering stroll in the countryside, punctuated by the occasional unexpected uphill battle. I'm being honest, I had to navigate a slightly steep incline at one point and thought I was going to break a sweat. It's not a deal-breaker, but it’s something to keep in mind when you're planning, let's say, a leisurely sunset stroll with your wheelchair. It's more like a determined sunset stroll.

The Cozy Cabin Vibes & A Room That Actually Felt Like a Home (Minus My Mess)

The cabins? Oh, the cabins. They actually are cozy. Think fireplaces, comfy couches (SO important), and… okay, my cabin had a bathtub. A real, honest-to-goodness bathtub. I’m a sucker for a good soak, and let me tell you, after a long day of… well, existing, it was pure, unadulterated bliss. They thoughtfully provide bathrobes and slippers, which made me feel like a pampered celebrity, even though I was just sitting there, reading a trashy novel. The room also had a coffee/tea machine (essential), free Wi-Fi that actually worked - which is a miracle - and a mini-bar stocked with… okay, I only grabbed a bottle of water, but it was there! And blackout curtains? A GODSEND. I SLEPT. LIKE. A. BABY. Well, a baby that occasionally needs a midnight snack.

Cleanliness and Safety – They Take it Seriously (Thank GOODNESS)

Look, in THIS climate, I'm going to focus on safety and cleanliness. They nail this. Sanitization is everywhere. Hand sanitizer dispensers are strategically placed, staff is masked (and friendly!), and it's crystal clear they're taking it seriously. They offer room sanitization opt-out, which I love! But they also have professional-grade sanitizing and anti-viral cleaning products. And hey, there are even individually wrapped food options. And I can tell you the rooms are sanitized between stays. I felt safe. And that's saying a lot.

Food, Glorious Food! (And Yes, There’s Vegetarian

Okay, the dining. THIS is where things got… delicious. I can't speak for every restaurant, but I had a fantastic meal at the main dining room. This place had a good selection of dishes. I'm a vegetarian, and the server took the time to show me what was on the menu. The Asian cuisine was particularly good. And there's a coffee shop for your early-morning caffeine needs. They offer vegetarian options, which is a bonus in my book. Honestly, the food was a highlight. Breakfast was a buffet, but it went above and beyond and even had a few items that were take-away.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax – The Spa & The Pool (My Favorite Part)

Right, the fun stuff. They have a pool, and it's gorgeous. A pool with a view. I could have stared at it all day. They also have a spa… and that, my friends, is where I spent a significant amount of time. Did I mention the sauna? The steam room? The foot bath? I did a body scrub, and a massage, and I emerged feeling like a brand new person. They even have a gym, but I mainly did my exercise in the pool, which is the best workout.

The Extra Touches – Little Things That Matter

They have a convenience store. They also have a gift shop. And you know what? I felt like I could talk to my server. There’s a concierge, which is helpful. and a laundry service, which makes packing just a little less stressful. They even offer a babysitting service.

Room for Improvement

Okay, I am being completely honest here. The parking situation was a little chaotic at times. Nothing major, just a bit crowded. Accessibility, as I mentioned earlier, could be improved in some areas. Also, I didn't manage to use all the features of the resort, so I can't comment on the business facilities or the events.

The Verdict: Should You Go? ABSOLUTELY!

Listen, Cavendish Getaway isn't perfect. But what is, right? It's got charm, it's got character, and it's got a whole lot of heart. The cabins are comfortable, the staff is friendly, and the spa? Oh, the spa. It's pure magic. If you're looking for a relaxing getaway with a dash of adventure (and maybe a little bit of quirk!), Cavendish Getaway at Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort? Book it. You won't regret it.

My Anecdote – The Bathtub Revelation!

Okay, I HAVE to tell you about the bathtub. I'm not exaggerating when I say this was life-changing. So, I'd had a day. One of those where everything seemed to go wrong. I was exhausted, and cranky, and generally feeling like I needed to disappear. Then, I got to my cabin, saw the bathtub, and it was like a little piece of heaven. I ran myself a bath filled with bubbles, lit the candles, and for the next hour? I was blissfully, gloriously me. I read my book, I listened to music, and I just… relaxed. It was one of those moments that you remember.

Quirky Observation

This place seems to attract the nicest people. Everyone was friendly and relaxed, and I had a great time just chatting with people I met. People at the buffet were sharing stories. People in the pool were being neighborly. It's a people-friendly place.

Emotional Response I loved this resort. It made me feel pampered, safe, and well-cared for. It gave me a glimpse of true relaxation, and I recommend it, 100%.

SEO-Optimized Offer to BOOK NOW!

Escape to Cavendish Getaway: Your Cozy Cabin Awaits!

Tired of the everyday grind? Yearning for a getaway that rejuvenates your body and soul? Look no further than Cavendish Getaway at Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort! Nestled in the heart of (location details), our cozy cabins offer the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and unforgettable memories.

Here's why YOU should book NOW:

  • Unwind in Style: Soak up the tranquility in a secluded cabin, complete with a fireplace, a bathtub, and free Wi-Fi!
  • Indulge Your Senses: Pamper yourself at our luxurious spa, featuring a sauna, steam room, and rejuvenating treatments. Take a dip in our pool with a view!
  • Safety First: We've implemented rigorous cleaning protocols and safety measures to ensure your peace of mind.
  • Foodie Paradise: Savor delicious meals at our on-site restaurants, offering a variety of cuisines and vegetarian options.
  • More than just a Getaway: We offer everything you need for an amazing trip. There’s a convenience store and a gift shop. We have a 24-hour front desk. And let's be honest, the service is pretty great.
  • Accessibility Features: Facilities for disabled guests.

Don't miss out!

Book your Cavendish Getaway today and experience the magic!

[LINK TO BOOKING PAGE]

#CavendishGetaway #BosomBuddiesCottageResort #Getaway #Spa #Relaxation #CozyCabin #Travel #PrinceEdwardIsland #Accommodation #Holiday #TravelDeals #WeekendGetaway #FamilyFriendly #AccessibleTourism #CleanAndSafe


Disclaimer: This review is based on my subjective experience. Individual experiences may vary.

Escape to Delhi's Hidden Gem: FabHotel Gazelle Inn!

Book Now

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's trip to Cavendish, PEI. This is going to be a chaotic, glorious, probably slightly sunburned adventure, fueled by questionable coffee and a whole lotta heart. Welcome to… my slightly-unhinged itinerary:

Cavendish Chaos: Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort & Beyond (Expect Everything and Nothing)

Day 1: Arrival & Anchor-Dropping (AKA, Can I Find the Freakin' Cottage?)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Charlottetown Airport (YYG). Okay, reality check: I need to breathe. Between the delayed flight (thanks, Air Canada!), the luggage carousel that looked like it was personally mocking my oversized suitcase, and the pre-trip anxiety, I'm already a hot mess. Grab the rental car. Pray to the GPS gods it doesn't lead me into a ditch.
    • Anecdote Alert! Last time I rented a car, I ended up in a cow pasture convinced Google Maps was trying to offload me. I'm praying for a smoother experience this time round.
  • 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: The Great Cottage Discovery (aka, navigating the charming, but slightly confusing, PEI roads). Officially lost three times, or so it felt but I persevered, and as I pulled into Bosom Buddies, I let out a sigh of relief that could probably be heard in Nova Scotia.
    • Observation: The resort is SO CUTE, it's almost sickening. Like, imagine a Hallmark movie, but with actual people, and probably less perfect hair. The cottages are all pastel colors, named things like "Anne's Haven" or "Matthew's Manor." Mine? "The Cozy Corner." Sounds promising… or maybe a trap.
  • 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Cottage Unpacking & Emotional Baggage Dump. Okay, this is going to be interesting. I've overpacked, naturally. And I brought a book I’m never going to read, which will make me feel guilt for not reading it. Unpack, and try not to immediately make a mess.
  • 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Exploration of the Cottage and the Resort. Scout out the territory. Find the best spot on the deck to have my first glass of wine (essential). Maybe wander the grounds and start chatting with the other cottage dwellers. Or keep to myself and stare at the ocean. Depends on the mood. The ocean is calling to me, so that's the plan.
  • 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner. Something simple, like a grilled cheese and tomato soup. Or, if I'm feeling ambitious, a grocery store lobster roll. The lobster roll. That's the goal.
  • 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Sunset Stroll on Cavendish Beach. Breathe in that salty air, let the beauty of the ocean sink in. (Hopefully, the mosquitos don't try to eat me alive).
  • 9:00 PM - Bedtime: Wind down with a book (the one I'll never read, remember?). Or maybe just stare at the ceiling and contemplate life. Or, you know, start planning the next day.
    • Emotional Reaction: I can't believe I'm here. Actually here. Away from the city, the stress, everything. This is… good. Really good. For now, anyway.

Day 2: Anne's World (and Maybe, Just Maybe, a Lobster Boil)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up to the sun, and hopefully, a decent cup of coffee. The coffee situation in my cottage is… questionable. Definitely need to rectify that.
  • 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Anne of Green Gables Experience. This is the reason I came, TBH. I'm talking the Green Gables Heritage Place, the gift shop (duh), maybe even a visit to Avonlea Village. Embrace the inner "Anne" in me. I'm sure there are many, many others like me.
    • Quirky Observation: Okay, the gift shop is a money blackhole. I'm fighting the urge to buy all the things, especially the stuffed animals. It feels so very wrong.
  • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Lunch. Either a picnic at Green Gables or grab lunch at a cafe, depending on my Anne-frenzy level.
  • 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Cavendish Boardwalk exploration. Ice cream, mini golf, maybe a souvenir or two.
  • 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Lobster Boil Prep. This is the big one. Either I attempt to prepare a lobster boil myself (risky, I know), or beg the locals for assistance.
    • Emotional Reaction: The thought of eating fresh lobster makes me giddy. This is what vacations are for!
  • 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Lobster Boil Heaven (fingers crossed). Eat. Repeat. Nap. Possibly regret all the butter.
  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime: Stargazing on the beach. The stars are supposed to be incredible here. Another book read, or a lot of pondering.

Day 3: The Great Outdoors and, Well, Maybe More Lobster?

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast, hopefully with some improved coffee situation.
  • 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Prince Edward Island National Park. Hike. Take a dip if I am brave and the water isn't freezing. Find a secluded beach, read, and pretend to be a mermaid.
    • Rambles: I'm hoping for some good bird watching. I feel like that's the kind of thing I should be doing, you know, to be at one with nature.
  • 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch. Picnic in the park would seem appropriate.
  • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Explore another part of the island. Drive the Scenic Coastal Route, stop at random roadside stands. This is a good time for impulse buys.
  • 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM: Seafood Restaurant. I'm doing everything I can to sneak in a third lobster meal.
    • Opinionated Language: Some people might say I'm obsessed with lobster. Those people clearly haven't tasted PEI lobster.
  • 8:00 PM - Bedtime: Journal. Try to remember everything. Write down some of the funny conversations, the emotions. The feeling of salty air.

Day 4: Goodbye, or, "I'll Be Back!"

  • 9:00 AM: One last peek at the ocean.
  • 10:00 AM: Pack, clean, and get ready for departure.
  • 11:00 AM: Final walk around the resort, saying goodbye to the cottage.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch and final shopping at the airport on the way to the airport.
  • 1:00 PM: Depart from Charlottetown.

This itinerary is, of course, subject to change. I might get lost, I might forget to eat, I might cry at the beauty of it all. But one thing's for sure: This will be an adventure. And I can't wait.

Phan Rang's Hidden Gem: 2N Homestay – Your Unforgettable Tháp Chàm Escape!

Book Now

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Getaway: FAQs - Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort (And Everything Else That Might Go Wrong, or Right!)

Okay, so... Bosom Buddies. *That* name. What's the deal? Honestly, I'm already a little nervous.

Alright, alright, deep breaths! Yep, "Bosom Buddies." Look, the story (and, like, *all* stories have a backstory, right?) is that the original owners – bless their cotton socks – were super close sisters. They built the place, and the name just...stuck. It's a bit...much, I'll admit. My first thought? "Uh...are they serving...milkshakes?" (Don't judge, I was *hungry* after the drive.) But honestly? It’s kind of grown on me. It's definitely memorable, and it gives the place a certain kitschy charm. Just embrace the absurdity. It's part of the experience. Plus, the cabins are actually *cozy*. Surprisingly so.

What are the cabins actually *like*? The website photos always lie.

Okay, the photos...yeah, they're...optimistic. But! *Generally* speaking, the cabins are pretty decent. Think rustic-chic meets '70s grandma decor, and you'll be in the right ballpark. Expect mismatched furniture, probably some floral wallpaper going on (mine had *butterflies*), and a distinct "lived-in" feel. My advice? Bring Clorox wipes. Seriously. Cleanliness standards vary. But they're generally clean *enough*. The beds? Surprisingly comfortable. The Wi-Fi? Don't hold your breath. Consider it a digital detox...whether you want one or not. (Speaking of which, the lack of strong Wi-Fi actually forced us to do… wait for it… *talk* to each other. Shocker!) Some cabins have fireplaces. USE THEM. It’s pure magic on a chilly evening, even if you have to spend twenty minutes coaxing the fire to life.

Is it actually *in* Cavendish? Because I need my Anne of Green Gables fix!

Yes! Thankfully, you're golden on that front. Bosom Buddies is *right* in the thick of it. You're practically stumbling distance from Green Gables Heritage Place and all the related attractions. I'm talking *literally* down the road. However...and this is a HUGE caveat: the *traffic* in Cavendish in peak season is insane. Utter, unadulterated chaos. Plan your Anne-related adventures accordingly. Go early, go late, or resign yourself to the fact you’ll be stuck behind a minivan full of screaming children, all chanting "Marilla! Marilla!" It’s part of the charm, I suppose. (I say that with a healthy dose of eye-twitching cynicism.)

What kind of activities are *actually* available? Beyond, you know, staring lovingly at a fireplace.

Okay, fireplace appreciation is definitely encouraged! But YES, there’s more. Cavendish is all about the beach, baby! The dunes are gorgeous, the sea is freezing (I am not kidding, *freezing*), and the sunsets are legendary. The resort doesn’t have a private beach, but the main Cavendish Beach is a short drive. Go for long walks, build elaborate sandcastles (I tried, my effort resembled a soggy pile of dirt), and try to avoid getting a sunburn that makes you feel like you're being slowly cooked.

Beyond the shore, there are mini-golf places (standard tourist fun!), some pretty decent restaurants (check reviews, avoid the super-touristy traps), and, of course, all things Anne of Green Gables. There are also walking trails…they’re lovely, until you realize you're surrounded by mosquitoes the size of small aircraft. Bring the bug spray. Trust me. I’m still itching *weeks* later, and I swear I saw one that took a bite out of my car.

Speaking of restaurants... Any recommendations? Or warnings?

Okay, the food situation... It's a mixed bag. Cavendish is a tourist town, so you're definitely going to encounter some…*underwhelming* dining experiences. Avoid anything that looks like it hasn't been updated since 1987. (Seriously, I walked into a place that still had a rotary phone on the counter.)

Here’s the deal. *Always* try the fresh seafood. Lobster rolls are a PEI staple, and they're usually pretty good. Look for local places that aren’t overrun with bus tours. And, for the love of all that is holy, pack your own snacks! The little convenience stores are overpriced and they are not going to let you have cheap fast food. Because you know, you'll be starving within an hour of arriving. Trust me. It always happens. I spent a small fortune on gummy bears one year. *Gummy bears!* I still regret it.

Are there any hidden gems? Or things that are just... weird?

Oh, *yes*. Definitely. Cavendish is full of quirky little things. Firstly, the souvenir shops. Be prepared for a sensory overload of Anne-related merchandise. Figurines! Tea towels! Hats! Books! You have been warned. There is a gift shop at Green Gables that sells a bottle of "Anne's Raspberry Cordial." It costs a small fortune, and tastes suspiciously like… well, raspberry cordial. You just *have* to buy it, right? Of course you do.

Secondly, keep an eye out for the "potato blossom" sculptures. They're dotted around, and they're…well, they're potato blossoms. They’re supposed to be art. I swear, to this day, I'm not entirely sure what they are, or why they exist, but you'll see them. And you'll scratch your head. But you'll probably laugh too. Mostly, it's just the sheer, unapologetic *touristiness* of it all. It's a beautiful, slightly strange, and utterly charming place to be.

What if something goes *wrong*? Like, catastrophically wrong? What's the resort's response like?

Okay, this is where things get…interesting. Customer service at Bosom Buddies (and, let's be honest, at *many* small resorts) isn't always the smoothest. Picture this: A leaky roof in the middle of a downpour. Me, standing in my cabin, wearing a towel on my head like a turban, frantically trying to catch the drips in a rusty old bucket. My phone has no signal. It became an *experience*.

My advice? Be patient. Be polite (mostly). Be prepared to troubleshoot yourself. Small problems are usually handled eventually, but don't expect miracles. The staff are generally friendly, and they try, but they're often stretched thin. Pack a sense of humor, a positive attitude, and maybe a good book (for when the Wi-Fi fails.Stay Finder Blogs

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Cavendish Bosom Buddies Cottage Resort Cavendish (PE) Canada

Comments

Popular posts from this blog