Bangkok's Hidden Gem: Home & Hashery Boutique House - Unbelievable!

Bangkok's Hidden Gem: Home & Hashery Boutique House - Unbelievable!
Bangkok's Hidden Gem: Home & Hashery Boutique House - Unbelievable! - OH. MY. GOD. (A MASSIVE Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Bangkok, and… deep breath …I think I'm still processing. And a huge part of that processing involves the Home & Hashery Boutique House. This place isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. And yes, the "Unbelievable!" at the end of the name? Totally earned. Let's dive in, shall we? But warning… it's going to be a long dive. I'm talking serious, get-comfortable-and-grab-a-snack long.
First things first: Accessibility & Safety - The Basics (But Importantly Done Right)
Look, as someone who occasionally trips on my own feet (gravity, you jerk!), the idea of a hotel being actually accessible is a huge plus. Home & Hashery? They get it. Wheelchair accessible? Absolutely. Elevators, ramps… the works. They clearly thought about it. That alone puts them miles ahead of some other Bangkok hotels I've… endured.
And speaking of enduring, let's talk safety. You know, with everything going on in the world. They nail it. CCTV everywhere? Check. 24-hour security? Check. Fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and all that boring but essential stuff? Double-check. And the best part? They're not just checking boxes. You can feel it. It's a calm, secure vibe. Honestly, the level of hygiene detail was impressive. Anti-viral cleaning? Check. Sanitized kitchen and tableware? Check. Daily disinfection? You get the drift! I actually felt safer here than I do in my own damn apartment building!
Internet Access - Because We NEED to Stay Connected (And Post Our Adventures!)
Okay, let's get real. We’re travelers. We NEED the internet. To post those Insta-worthy pics, stalk our exes (kidding… mostly), and, you know, actually plan our next move. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes! And it works. Like, really works. I streamed movies, video-called my mom (sorry, Mom!), and even managed to actually work (bleh). There's also Internet access [LAN] if you're into the old-school wired thing. And Wi-Fi in public areas is spot-on too – perfect for lounging by the pool (more on that later!) and getting some serious sun.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - My Weakness, Their Strength.
This is where Home & Hashery shines. Seriously, I ate my way through Thailand, and this place… well, let’s just say my pants are a little tighter now. The biggest win? Room service [24-hour]. Need I say more? Imagine: jet-lagged, exhausted, and craving noodles at 3 AM. Problem solved.
They have restaurants, a coffee shop, and even a snack bar. The breakfast [buffet], was truly impressive – that Asian breakfast was what I needed, because the selection was vast and exciting. They have a poolside bar, perfect for those lazy afternoons (or pretending to be lazy when you're really just avoiding emails). Asian cuisine in restaurant is definitely present, but so's International cuisine in restaurant which is good. I'll admit, I took advantage of the happy hour a few times (don’t judge). And the desserts in restaurant? Worth every single calorie. I'm still dreaming about the mango sticky rice.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax - The Ultimate Pampering
Alright, this is where it gets really good. Remember that whole "pamper yourself" thing? Home & Hashery takes it to a whole new level.
Let's start with the pool with a view. And I mean, a spectacular view. The pictures don't do it justice. The whole place overlooks the city, and it’s just… breathtaking. It's the perfect spot to cool off after a day of exploring – or, you know, nursing a slight hangover.
And the spa? Oh. My. God. I treated myself to a massage, a body scrub, and a foot bath. It was pure, unadulterated bliss. It felt like I had a team of angels personally taking care of me. My tense shoulders (from, you know, life) melted away. I swear, my skin felt like a baby's bottom afterward. They also have a sauna and a steam room, if you’re into that sort of thing. I'm not, but I heard good things! And there's a fitness center if you're one of those… active people.
(Anecdote Time!)
One day, I was lounging by the pool, nursing a cocktail, and an absolutely gorgeous Thai woman struck up a conversation. She was telling me how the place was her sanctuary. She described escaping to the pool after long days at work, and I thought “I GET IT”. It all made so much sense… I understood!
Services and Conveniences - The Little Things That Make a BIG Difference
Home & Hashery? They get that it's the little things that make a difference.
- Concierge service? Incredibly helpful. They helped me with everything from booking tours to finding the best street food stalls.
- Daily housekeeping? My room was spotless every single day. Seriously, I don’t know how they do it.
- Laundry service? Essential when you're traveling and trying to look halfway presentable.
- Currency exchange? Super convenient.
- Cash withdrawal? Because, duh.
- Ironing service? (For the aforementioned attempt at looking presentable.)
And a bunch of other stuff that's just plain convenient. They really thought of everything.
For the Kids - Fun for the Whole Family (Even if You Don't Have Any!)
I don’t have kids, but even I noticed how well-equipped the place is for families. Babysitting service? Check. Kids meal? Check. Family/child friendly? Absolutely. They clearly understand that traveling with kids can be… challenging. This place seems to make it a breeze. I can tell it made some families happy, because I met a few really sweet kids!
Available in All Rooms - Comforts of Home, Enhanced
Okay, let’s talk about the actual rooms. They're…amazing.
- Air conditioning? Essential in Bangkok.
- Blackout curtains? For those times you need to sleep off a late night (or three).
- Coffee/tea maker? Because caffeine.
- Free Wi-Fi? YES!
- Mini bar? For those moments of weakness.
- Private bathroom? (Thank GOD.)
- Bathrobes & Slippers? Feeling luxurious.
- TV with satellite/cable channels and on-demand movies? For the times you DO want the TV on.
I particularly appreciated the extra long bed – because sometimes you need to stretch out. And the mirror strategically placed to admire the amazing view.
(Anecdote Alert!)
One night, I was enjoying the complimentary tea while looking at the city view and the sun sank in. And I just sat there, watching the city lights come to life, feeling… content. Simple, lovely, and perfect.
Getting Around - Easy Peasy
Home & Hashery made getting around Bangkok a breeze. Airport transfer? Sorted. Taxi service? Always available. Car park [free of charge]? Huge bonus. Valet parking? If you're feeling fancy.
The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect – And That's Okay!)
Okay, I’m not going to pretend this place is flawless. There’s always room for improvement. The lighting in the gym could be better. And the elevators were occasionally slow. But honestly? These are minor quibbles. They do not detract from the overall experience.
The Heart of the Matter: My Recommendation
Listen, you guys. I’ve stayed in a LOT of hotels. And Home & Hashery? It’s up there in my top five. Maybe even top three!
Why? Because it's not just a hotel. It's a sanctuary. It's a place where you can truly unwind, recharge, and experience the best of Bangkok.
My Emotional Takeaway: I left feeling better rested, more relaxed, and a little bit sad to leave.
SEO Keywords in action:
- Bangkok hotel, Bangkok boutique hotel, Bangkok accessibility, wheelchair accessible hotel Bangkok, hotel with pool Bangkok, Bangkok spa hotel, free Wi-Fi Bangkok, Bangkok hotel with restaurant, hotel with 24-hour room service Bangkok, Bangkok family-friendly hotel, Bangkok luxury hotel, Home & Hashery Boutique House review, Bangkok travel, Bangkok vacation
**MASSIVE OFFER -
Vailankanni's Hidden Gem: SRI GNANA VEDHA Beach Residency - Unbelievable Views!
Home & Hashery Hangover: A Bangkok Blitz (Maybe Don't Call it That)
Okay, so, here's the deal. I'm in Bangkok. Home & Hashery Boutique House, specifically. Seems fancy, right? Well, let's see how long that facade lasts. This ain't gonna be a pristine, itinerary-optimized trip. This is real life, folks. Get ready.
Day 1: Arrival & Existential Dread (The Airport Edition)
- 8:00 AM (ish): Landed at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Humidity slapped me in the face. It was like stepping into a sauna where everyone inexplicably decided to speak in Thai. Finding my luggage was an Olympic sport. And then, of course, the taxi situation. Chaos. Absolute glorious, sweaty chaos. Took me a solid hour of frantic hand-waving and pleading with a guy in a brightly colored uniform (who looked suspiciously like he'd been awake since the last century) to finally get a ride.
- 9:30 AM: The taxi driver, bless his heart, drove like he was auditioning for a "Fast & Furious" sequel. We weaved through traffic, narrowly avoiding mopeds carrying entire families (including the family dog, I swear) and tuk-tuks blasting questionable pop music. Halfway there, I was convinced I'd die. But hey, at least I'd die experiencing authentic Bangkok, right?
- 10:30 AM: Pulled up to Home & Hashery. First impression: Pretty damn cute. The lobby smelled of something floral and calming. They had these ridiculously fancy, iced welcome drinks – I downed mine in about two seconds. Gotta rehydrate after that taxi rodeo!
- 11:00 AM: Checked into my room. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, I could live in this bed. Seriously considering never leaving. Tempted. Maybe. No, I have stuff planned, goddamnit!
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a tiny little street stall nearby. Ordered "Pad Thai." Apparently, my pronunciation was atrocious. The incredibly patient woman behind the counter just smiled, nodded, and then proceeded to conjure up the most delicious noodles I've ever tasted. Seriously, I could eat this every single day. I’m already planning my escape from my room to eat more.
- 2:00 PM: Okay, so, the plan was to go to the Grand Palace. But… I'm tired. Really tired. Jet lag is a bitch. And the thought of crowds? Nope. Instead, I’m sprawled on my bed, desperately trying to translate Thai cooking recipes into English. This is my life now.
- 5:00 PM: Okay, fine, I can't just stay in bed. Made it out of the hotel! Wandered a bit. Found a coffee shop with the best iced coffee. That saved me. Saw a temple. Was mildly impressed. Mostly, though, I was fascinated by the street vendors selling things I couldn't even begin to identify.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a recommended restaurant. Ordered something exotic. My stomach might hate me later. But hey, YOLO, right? I got a little tipsy. Felt really good though. The staff was lovely here.
- 9:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Already planning my escape for breakfast. Probably another Pad Thai. Maybe I’ll try to learn a few basic Thai phrases. Maybe. Definitely, I’m not gonna be leaving my hotel room tomorrow morning though.
Day 2: Temples, Triumphs, and Total Failures (The Temple Trek)
- 8:00 AM: Woke up. Survived dinner. Victory! Pad thai for breakfast. This is turning in to an obsession.
- 9:00 AM: Attempted to go to the Grand Palace. Crowded. Hot. Tourist overload. I lasted about ten minutes before I noped out. Okay, I just don't have the stamina for that today.
- 9:10 AM: Found a tuk-tuk driver. Negotiated a price (I think he’s ripping me off but I don’t care). Decided to just let the universe guide me. Which, let me tell you, is a dangerous game in Bangkok.
- 10:00 AM: Visited Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn). Stunning. Absolutely breathtaking. The colors! The detail! I took a million pictures. Maybe I'll paint something later. Definitely got emotional, just a little (okay, maybe I sniffled a bit).
- 11:30 AM: Lost in the labyrinthine streets near Wat Arun. Almost got run over by a scooter (again). Bought a ridiculously cute Buddha figurine from a street vendor. No idea what I'll do with it, but I couldn't resist.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a place recommended by the hotel staff: great mistake. I ordered something that promised excitement, but what I got was a plate of things that were simply far to spicy for my tastes, and I’m not sure I have a stomach for this.
- 2:00 PM: Decided to take a long shot, to find a massage place; found an old lady offering foot massages on the sidewalk (suspicious). Despite my concerns (and the fact that she looked like she could bench-press a small car), I went for it. Best. Foot. Massage. Ever.
- 4:00 PM: Hit up a sky bar recommended by a stranger I met on the street! The views were incredible, the cocktails were strong, and the music was pumping. I even tried to dance. I have no skills. But I am happy. I have it all!
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Found a really cheap Thai restaurant. Ordered something I actually knew how to pronounce (Pad See Ew – triumph!). It was kind of bland, but I was too tired to care.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Watching the sunset from my balcony. Feeling… content, maybe? Exhausted, definitely. Thinking of ordering room service. Maybe some more Pad Thai.
- 9:00 PM: Attempting to book a cooking class for tomorrow. The website is in Thai. My brain is mush. Fine. It'll get done. Not gonna give up!
Day 3: Markets, Moments, and Massive Meltdowns (Maybe? Probably?)
- 8:00 AM: Woke up. Ugh. This jet lag is relentless. Breakfast at the hotel. The fruit is amazing.
- 9:00 AM: The cooking class! I actually booked one! I’m very proud. It was a total blast. Learned how to make Tom Yum soup and green curry. I fear I made something that tastes more like something that came from a lab experiment but it was great.
- 12:00 PM: The cooking class was at a market! Now I know everything and am not a threat to world peace.
- 2:00 PM: Headed to Chatuchak Weekend Market (it better be worth it!). This place is enormous. Totally overwhelming. Found some amazing souvenirs (and spent way too much money). Bargaining like a pro. I think. I'm probably getting ripped off. But the vibrant chaos is invigorating.
- 4:00 PM: I walked into a cat café! Seriously. Cats. And coffee. My happy place. I could live here. The cats are well-fed, and the coffee is good.
- 6:00 PM: Found a tiny, hidden-away restaurant that does amazing seafood. Ordered way too much. Ate it all. No regrets.
- 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel, again. Feeling… surprisingly good! Maybe I'm adjusting. Maybe the jet lag is finally loosening its grip.
- 9:00 PM: Contemplating everything that happened, and just how quickly this is going.
Day 4: Departure & Reflections (The "Is This Real Life?" Edition)
- 7:00 AM: Woke up, packed, had breakfast (Pad Thai, naturally). This is the day that ends…
- 8:00 AM: Checked out of Home & Hashery. Saying goodbye was harder than I expected. I kind of love this place.
- 9:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. Feeling a little sad, and a little elated.
- 10:00 AM: Airport security. This is the worst part of any trip.
- 12:00 PM: On the plane. Looking out the window. Bangkok is shrinking. Time to go back to real life!
- In Flight: I think I've learned a few things on this trip: don't be afraid to get a little messy, sometimes the best things are unplanned, and Pad Thai is a gift from the gods.
Final Thoughts:
This trip wasn't perfect. I got lost. I ate some questionable food. I almost died in a taxi. But it was real. It was messy, hilarious, and utterly unforgettable. And now, I think I'm ready to go home. But, you know, I'll be back. Bangkok
Queenstown's Hidden Gem: Wyndham Garden Remarkables Park - Unbelievable Views!
Bangkok's Home & Hashery: The Unbelievable Truth (and a Few Rants)
Okay, Unbelievable? Is Home & Hashery REALLY all that? I've seen the pics.
Look, I've been around the block. I've seen the perfectly staged Instagram shots. But Home & Hashery? Yeah, it's *mostly* legit. Think of it less "hotel" and more "living inside a super-stylish, slightly eccentric friend's really cool house". And let me be clear: they have good taste. *Really* good taste. Think vintage maps, quirky art, and so much natural light you'll feel instantly zen (until you spill your coffee, which I totally did).
The "unbelievable" part? Maybe the sheer *chillness* of it all. No manic bellhops, no pretense. Just genuine, friendly faces and a vibe that screams "kick your shoes off and relax." Although... and I say this with love...sometimes that chillness translates into a *little* less efficiency than a big hotel. Like, finding someone to bring you more coffee in the morning could involve a hunt. But hey, that's part of the charm, right? Right?!
What's the deal with the "Hashery" part? Sounds…a bit suspicious.
Alright, spill the tea (or the… *ahem*… other stuff). The "Hashery" is a very, very *very* subtle nod to… let's just say, a certain recreational herb that Bangkok is, shall we say, familiar with. It's *not* explicitly advertised, and the place is squeaky-clean, so don't go expecting a smoke-filled den. It’s more of a wink and a nod, an unspoken understanding that this place…gets it. If you're looking for a place to, um, *relax*, discreetly and stylishly, well…. (wink). But be warned! It's not a party zone, more like a stylish *sanctuary*.
The Rooms – Are They Overpriced? What Can You Expect?
Overpriced? Possibly, *depending* on your budget. They're not budget backpacker digs, let's be clear. But you're paying for design, location, and that *vibe*. My honest opinion? Worth it if you appreciate those things. The rooms themselves are… well, they vary! Some are larger than others. Some have balconies. Some have those ridiculously comfortable beds you never want to leave (seriously, I almost missed my flight!). Expect beautiful, high-quality linens, good air conditioning (THANK GOD), and a generally peaceful atmosphere.
I stayed in one with a view of a bustling street… which I *loved*! The sound of the city below was strangely soothing (until 3 am, but that's on *me* for being a night owl). Don't expect a minibar crammed with overpriced snacks – that’s not their style. But do embrace the little extras: complimentary water bottles, locally sourced toiletries, and a sense of being utterly, completely *spoiled* by the gorgeous surroundings. My biggest complaint? Not enough electrical outlets. I’m a tech junkie, what can I say?
Location, Location, Location! Is it Convenient?
The location is… pretty darn great. You're in a central area, close to some amazing street food (OMG, the Pad Thai!), local markets, and within easy reach of public transport, which is essential in Bangkok unless you want to spend half your life in a tuk-tuk. It’s not *right* in the heart of the tourist madness, which is a HUGE plus. You get a bit of a breather from the chaos. You're near some cool, under-the-radar neighborhoods, which is where the *real* Bangkok magic happens.
However, depending on your room, be prepared for some street noise. Bangkok's a city that never sleeps. I found it added to the experience… but if you're a light sleeper, maybe pack earplugs. Or ask for a room with extra soundproofing. Definitely a must!
Breakfast. Tell me about the FREAKING BREAKFAST! Should I expect a feast?
Breakfast…ah, the breakfast. *Sigh*. It's good, it's tasty, it’s generally included, but it *can* be a bit inconsistent. On one day, it was a glorious spread of fresh fruit, fluffy croissants, and amazing coffee. I felt like I'd died and gone to breakfast heaven. The next day? A slightly sad, and rather predictable buffet. Don't get me wrong, it was perfectly edible, but the magic had vanished.
My advice? Don’t get your hopes up too high. But! Bangkok is a food paradise, and there are a million amazing cafes and street food stalls nearby. Embrace the adventure! Explore! Try *everything*. And maybe, just maybe, the breakfast will be epic.
I'm a lone wolf traveler. Is this place suitable for me?
Absolutely! Home & Hashery is a great place for solo travelers. The atmosphere is welcoming and not at all intimidating. Not overly social (which is perfect for me, I don't like to be bothered.) The staff are friendly and helpful, and, as I said, the vibe is super chill. The common areas are ideal for casually chatting with other guests (if you want to), or just chilling with a book (which is what I did most of the time). Plus, Bangkok is an incredible city to explore on your own. Just remember to be aware of your surroundings, and always trust your gut.
Is There a Downside?
Oh. So, so many. Like, the bathroom, especially the shower in my first room, was *tiny*. And I'm not a large person! The 'Hashery' aspect is *very* subtle, so if you're expecting a weed-themed wonderland, adjust your expectations. It's more of a… *subtle suggestion*. Oh, and the housekeeping, again… chill vibes. Sometimes they'd forget the towels, and I had to go on a quest. Nothing that ruined my trip, but worth knowing.
And, getting in touch with them *before* your trip can be a *bit* slow. Don't expect rapid responses to emails. In fact, my flight was leaving, and I *still* hadn't heard back about my airport transfer. But, alas, everything worked out. Just be patient, embrace the laid-back style (and maybe bring your own towels, just in case).
Would you go back? The ultimate test!
Hotel Search Tips

Comments
Post a Comment