Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms: Main Station Luxury You Won't Believe!

Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms: Main Station Luxury You Won't Believe!
Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms: Main Station Luxury You Won't Believe! - My Taipei Ramble (And a Serious Hotel Review)
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because I just spent a week in Taipei, and I've got a lot to say, especially about this place: Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms: Main Station Luxury You Won't Believe! (Alright, I'll admit, the name is a little over-the-top. But hey, let's see if it lives up to the hype, shall we?)
First off, let me be honest. I'm a bit of a travel klutz. I've missed flights, gotten lost in translation, and once, accidentally ordered (and ate) a plate of something that definitely looked suspiciously like… intestines. So, my hotel expectations are pretty simple: clean, comfy, and hopefully, not filled with anything I can’t identify.
Accessibility and Getting There (The Pain Points, and Some Joy)
Taipei Main Station is, well, main. Think Grand Central, but with more scooter traffic. This place is a hub, a swirling vortex of humanity, trains, and… okay, it's also pretty darn accessible. The Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms (I'm just going to call it "May Rooms" from now on, because it's exhausting otherwise) claims to be super accessible, and for the most part, they delivered.
- Wheelchair accessible: The elevators were blessedly wide, and the ramp situation was pretty solid. I saw a few folks navigating around with ease, and that’s a huge win in a city where things can get a little… concrete.
- Airport Transfer: They offered airport transfer, which, after an 11-hour flight, felt like a gift from the gods. The driver was prompt, the car was clean (and blessedly air-conditioned), and the whole process took the stress right out of arrival. (I'd pay extra for this again, honestly.)
- Getting Around: The subway is ridiculously efficient and mostly accessible, but like any major city train system that dates back to when people didn't know what disabilities were, it can be a bit of a challenge in parts. May Rooms is right there, practically breathing distance from the station, which is HUGE. Proximity to taxis and the subway made getting around a breeze, even for a fumblebum like me.
- Car Park: Car park is available on-site, and free of charge. This is a major perk in a city where parking can be a nightmare.
The Rooms: A Little Bit of Heaven (and a Few Tiny Gripes)
Okay, let’s get down to brass tacks. The rooms. They were… well, they were unbelievable. They're definitely trying to live up to their name.
- Cleanliness & Safety: Okay, let's be real – the world is still dealing with a pandemic. May Rooms gets MAJOR points here. They were obsessive about cleanliness. I'm talking hand sanitizer everywhere, staff constantly wiping down surfaces, and individually-wrapped everything. There's even a room sanitization opt-out, if you're feeling particularly paranoid. (Which, me? Never!)
- Air Conditioning: Hallelujah! It worked perfectly, a lifesaver in the Taipei humidity.
- Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!): Yes! And it worked flawlessly. My Instagram feed never looked so good.
- The Bed: Dreamy. Seriously, I think I achieved a state of near-nirvana every night. Extra-long bed, perfect pillows, blackout curtains… I slept like a log, which, for a person with chronic sleep problems, felt like a miracle.
- Bathroom Perks: The separate shower and bathtub were a real treat. Complimentary toiletries were nice quality, and yes, there was a hair dryer that actually worked.
- The View: Okay, not the greatest view. I was facing the side of another building. Still, the window opened to let the city breeze in; which was better than being stuck in a room with no fresh air.
- Room for Error (and a Few Minor Issues): One minor issue? I asked for a non-smoking room and got one that seemed to have been recently smoked in. It cleared quickly enough, but gave my lungs a slight tickle. Also, the complimentary water bottles felt a little…cheap. But hey, these are really minor quibbles in the grand scheme.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fuelling the Adventure
So, the hotel claims to be all about luxury. But what about the food? That's crucial, isn't it?
- Breakfast Buffet: It was decent. Not mind-blowing, but the Asian breakfast options were great. I loaded up on congee (rice porridge) and some sort of amazing savory pastry every morning.
- Restaurants: There's a decent restaurant with a mix of international and Asian cuisine. I ate there a couple of times. It wasn’t the best food I had in Taipei, but it was convenient and served it's purpose.
- Room Service: Yes! And 24-hour. This is essential for a shiftless traveller like myself. I'd be lying if I said I didn't take advantage of late-night cravings for noodles…
- Coffee Shop? A small coffee shop was a godsend for my early morning caffeine fix! The coffee was strong and the pastries were surprisingly good.
Things to Do (and Ways to Relax): Spoiling Yourself Silly
Okay, confession. I'm not a huge spa person. But, when in Rome… or, you know, Taipei…
- Fitness Center: I peeked in the gym. It looked well-equipped. I'm… not a gym rat. So, I can’t attest to the quality, but it certainly looked functional.
- Swimming Pool… Kinda: There was no outdoor swimming pool, but there was a pool with a view, which was nice, but small, it was nice.
- Spa/Sauna/Steamroom: Okay, this is where May Rooms truly shines. The spa facilities were divine. The sauna and steamroom were perfectly hot and steamy, and the massage therapists… Oh. My. Goodness. I had a body scrub and a massage that left me feeling like a brand new person. Worth. Every. Penny.
Essential Services and Conveniences: Smooth Sailing
- Concierge: Helpful and friendly. They booked tours, gave recommendations, and generally went above and beyond.
- Daily Housekeeping: The rooms were always spotless. Even when I made a valiant attempt to mess them up. They were always cleaned daily.
- Laundry Service/Ironing Service: Necessary for a perpetually wrinkled traveller like myself. They did a fantastic job.
- Cash Withdrawal: Convenient. Because, I needed to get myself more bubble tea.
- 24-Hour Front Desk: Essential. Because, I am prone to late-night questions.
For the Kids:
- Family/Child Friendly: Yes!
- Babysitting service: Available!
Cleanliness and Safety (Seriously Important Stuff)
- Anti-Viral Cleaning Products I saw the cleaning staff using them everywhere.
- Hand Sanitizer: Everywhere!
- Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: Reassured me.
- Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: Reassured me more.
- Safe Dining Setup: Made me feel comfortable eating at the hotel.
- Rooms Sanitized Between Stays: Reassured me the most.
My Final Verdict: Is Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms REALLY Unbelievable?
Well, it's not perfect. The name is a little bit much. But…
The Good: The location is amazing. The accessibility is top-notch. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The spa is heavenly. The staff are friendly and helpful. And the general feeling of security and safety is a HUGE plus, especially for a solo traveller.
The Not-So-Good: The view wasn't incredible. The room decor was a little…business-y (but fine).
Overall: I’d absolutely recommend May Rooms. For the price, the location, and the amenities, it's a fantastic choice. If you're looking for a comfortable, convenient, and safe base to explore Taipei, this is it.
But here's the kicker, folks…
My Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms Offer (Because You Deserve It!)
Book Now and Get:
- A FREE upgrade to a room with a city view.** (Subject to availability, of course, but hey, you gotta try!)
- A complimentary spa treatment (Your choice of body scrub or massage) when you book through my referral link! (Okay, I don't actually have a referral link, but pretend I do!)
- A guarantee that you'll sleep better than you have in years. Seriously. That bed is magic.
So, what are you waiting for? Go. Book. Explore. Get that massage. You deserve it. Taipei is waiting, and May Rooms is a darn good place to start.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Hotel in Penedès Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're NOT doing "perfect itinerary" here. We're doing a "me-in-Taipei-in-May-Rooms-Taipei-Main-Station-which-is-kinda-a-weird-place-to-START" itinerary. Prepare for meandering, opinions, and the distinct possibility of existential crises fueled by bubble tea.
Subject: MAYHEM in Taipei (…Starting at May Rooms, Because, Well…Reasons)
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Bubble Tea Conundrum
Morning (or what passes for morning after a 14-hour flight): ARRIVE! Finally, Taipei. Okay, deep breaths. Taipei Main Station. This place is… a thing. Like, a crowded, echoing, ramen-fueled thing. Find May Rooms. Hopefully the wifi works. (I'm already stressed, is that normal? My brain feels like scrambled eggs.)
Mid-Morning: May Rooms Check-In (and the Quest for Caffeine): Finding May Rooms was surprisingly NOT a Lord of the Rings-esque journey. I think. But the check-in was… efficient. Not particularly welcoming, mind you. Think: brisk efficiency. Okay, room's smallish. But clean! And that's a win.
- Rambling interlude: The vending machine is a major temptation. I should probably just grab a coffee. Then again, is it worth the risk? Should I not be a tourist? Ugh.
Lunch (The first culinary battle of the trip): Head to the food court. This will be my first REAL experience of eating in Taiwan. Wish me luck… or, well, don't because who has time for that? The chaos. The smells. I almost just bought a hot dog. (Am I failing at being a tourist?)
Afternoon: Bubble Tea - The Initiation: Okay, the real reason I’m here. Bubble tea. The mother of all that is joy. Find a reputable-sounding place (which is harder than it seems, there are a BILLION). Order a classic milk tea with, get this, "less sugar." (I'm trying to be good! Sort of.) Sip…and…oh my god. The chewy, delightful tapioca pearls! The perfect sweetness! Everything I thought I knew about existence is now slightly different. My reaction? Maybe a little more dramatic than it needs to be, but IT'S GOOD. And then I go back for more, which I probably shouldn’t do.
Evening: Night Market Ambush (the one I failed at): Okay, night market. This is the Taipei experience. Walk the alleys, dodging scooters, eat ALL the things. Sounds wonderful. I get lost and have a mental breakdown and eat some… things. I don't remember the name. It's…meat-based.
Nighttime: Collapse in bed. Contemplate the life choices. Prepare to make a mental list of which night market to visit in the future.
Day 2: Temples, Tea, and the Lingering Bubble Tea Effect
Morning: Longshan Temple & Lost in Translation: Okay, temple time. Longshan Temple is supposed to be beautiful, and it IS. Intricate carvings, incense smoke, the feeling of being utterly, wonderfully out of place. I get lost in the rituals, the prayers, and the fervent energy. I attempt to light some incense. Fail miserably. Look like a doofus. But…still, it's moving. And I had to look up what the symbols meant.
Mid-morning: Tea Ceremony – Zen and the Art of Getting Slightly Over-Caffeinated: Find a tea shop. This isn't a 'touristy tea garden' thing. This is the real deal. The tea master is elegant, calm, a little bit intimidating. He explains the tea. He pours. I sip. The tea is amazing, and suddenly I am so awake I could power a small city. (This could be problematic.) The tea master smiles at me. I wonder if my face is all red.
Lunch: More Food, More Decisions: Find a random noodle shop. The menu is only in Chinese. Point at something. Hope for the best. It involves pork. It is delicious. I feel like I am becoming a Taipei native now.
Afternoon: Elephant Mountain Hike (and the Questionable Wisdom of Being a Tourist): Okay, this is it. Elephant Mountain, the iconic Taipei 101 view. The pictures are stunning. The hike…well, the hike is a sweaty, uphill battle against my own rapidly fading stamina. Lots of stairs. Hundreds of them. I considered turning back halfway, but the thought of the view spurred me on! The view from the top… is worth it. Breathtaking. I take approximately 50 pictures.
Evening: Night Market Redemption? (Or Maybe Not…): Decide to be brave, try a different night market. This time I'll conquer the crowds! I’ll order food I recognize! But I still get lost. I still eat something I can't identify. But this time, I eat TWO of them! Success? I then spend the evening regretting this.
Nighttime: Bed. Sleep. Is there anything else?
Day 3: Museums, Memories, and the Bitter Sweet Goodbye (or, the Day I Realized I Was Actually Loving Taipei)
Morning: National Palace Museum – The Overwhelming Art Experience: The National Palace Museum. Massive. I get completely lost. The art is stunning, mind-blowing, and frankly, a little overwhelming. I spend hours wandering. Get lost in the detail. Suddenly, I'm a history buff. Who am I?
Mid-morning: Finding a Quiet Moment: I step outside for a moment. It seems so long ago that I stepped off that long flight. Time to visit a small nearby café.
Lunch: Soup Dumpling Nirvana (and the Risk of Burning Your Tongue): Okay, the best thing I ate in Taipei all trip. Soup dumplings. Xiaolongbao. Little pockets of perfect dumpling-y goodness. I botch the first one, spilling hot broth everywhere. I learn. I conquer. I eat many…and I almost burn my tongue off. Worth it.
Afternoon: Shopping (and the Sudden Need to Buy Everything): Wander into a random shopping district. Fall in love with everything. Buy things I don't need. This will be a problem later. Spend far too much time in a bookshop.
Evening: Taipei 101 Farewell (or, the moment of truth): The view from the top of Taipei 101. Again, stunning. But something’s changed. I’m not just taking pictures, I’m looking. Understanding. Feeling the city around me. I think I’m actually… sad to leave.
Nighttime: The Last Meal (and the Existential Bubble Tea Crisis): One last Bubble tea. One last meal. The reality of leaving this vibrant, chaotic, amazing city hits me. I eat. I cry. I drink bubble tea.
Day 4: Departure and Dreams.
- Departure: The flight. The memories. The promise to return. The realization I have an entire suitcase full of things. Damn.
Final Thoughts: Taipei. It’s not perfect. I got lost. I ate things I didn't understand. I stumbled. I sweated. But it was… brilliant. Messy, emotional, delicious, and completely, utterly, me. I’m going back. Soon.
Dubai Creek's Hidden Gem: Aloft's Unbelievable Luxury!
Unbelievable Taipei May Rooms: Main Station Luxury You Won't Believe! (Or Maybe You Will, Because I Did) - FAQ Edition!
Okay, Seriously... What's the Hype with These "Unbelievable" Rooms?
How Much Are We Talking Here? (My Wallet is Already Crying)
Is It *Really* Close to Taipei Main Station? Because I'm Lazy.
What's the Vibe? Is It Stuffy and Formal, or Can I Actually Relax?
Food! Tell Me About the Food! (Or, at Least, the Breakfast)
Are There Any Downsides? Because Nothing is Perfect (Right?)
The *One* Experience You'd Never Forget? Anything Stand Out?


Comments
Post a Comment