Tenerife's Ona Alborada: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!

Tenerife's Ona Alborada: Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Tenerife's Ona Alborada: My Dream Vacation…Maybe? (A Brutally Honest Review!)
Alright, folks, let's be real. "Your Dream Vacation Awaits!" is a bold claim, especially when you're staring at a hotel, judging every tile, every flickering light bulb. I just got back from Ona Alborada in Tenerife, and, well, let's just say the dream was…a work in progress. Buckle up, because this ain't your average, sugar-coated review.
First things first: Getting There & Getting In (Accessibility & Getting Around)
- Accessibility: Ok, major kudos here. Ona Alborada seems to actually care about accessibility. They've got facilities for disabled guests, elevators galore, and I saw ramps where they needed to be. This is a HUGE plus, friends. (Wheelchair accessible) I'm talking real-world usability, not just a checkbox.
- Getting Around: Free on-site parking is a lifesaver, especially if you're renting a car, and they do offer Airport transfer, Taxi service, Valet parking, so you're covered. Plus Car power charging station, which is great news for the eco-conscious traveler! Note that I didn't use the car park myself (used a taxi), but I'm just guessing it could get chaotic during peak season.
- Check-in & Out: My check-in was smooth and efficient. They offer Check-in/out [express] and Check-in/out [private], which is a nice touch. Forget the endless queues after a flight.
Rooms: My Fortress of Solitude (ish)
Okay, the rooms! (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens, Additional toilet) I was grateful for the the Internet access – wireless and Wi-Fi [free]. (Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!) Because… well, I needed to check out Instagram from the beginning of the trip! The blackout curtains were a godsend after a long flight. (Air conditioning) was working like a charm, especially since Tenerife can get HOT. The bathroom was clean (though the shower pressure could've been better - first world problem). I also appreciated the refrigerator for keeping my essential supplies (read: snacks) cold. There's a hair dryer! All the basics are in place, but don't expect luxury luxury.
The Big Question: Is It Clean? (Cleanliness & Safety)
Listen. I'm a germaphobe, I admit it. But Ona Alborada seemed to take cleanliness seriously. (Cleanliness and safety, Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment) Seeing them using Anti-viral cleaning products was great, and I noticed the daily disinfection in common areas. Plus lots of hand sanitizer. They're doing their part.
Food, Glorious Food (Dining, Drinking & Snacking)
Okay, the food situation deserves its own section. (A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant)
Breakfast? (Breakfast [buffet]) Meh. Standard stuff. Decent coffee. The poolside bar was a lifesaver for those midday cocktails (happy hour was a bonus!). The restaurants offer a range of options, but the a la carte menus were a bit… safe. Nothing hugely exciting, but definitely edible. I did appreciate the vegetarian restaurant though. (Breakfast takeaway service) was also available, which was super convenient for grabbing a quick coffee.
Relaxation Factor: Time to Unwind? (Things to do, ways to relax)
This is where Ona Alborada shines! (Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor], Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage)
The pool area is lovely. Big, clean, with a view. (Swimming pool [outdoor]) I spent a LOT of time there. They also have a sauna, spa, and a gym. I, being the sloth that I am, didn't hit the gym. I went to the spa and had a massage, and oh my god, the blissful feeling! The spa was clean, and the treatment was great. Seriously, I'm tempted to go back just for that.
The Extras: What Else Do They Offer? (Services and conveniences)
They've got a good mix of services. (Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center) The concierge was helpful, the convenience store handy for snacks, and I appreciated the daily housekeeping.
For the Kids? (For the kids)
Family/child friendly, Babysitting service, Kids facilities, Kids meal. It's definitely kid-friendly, so think about it if you have little ones.
The Verdict: Ona Alborada, Worth It?
Look, Ona Alborada isn't perfect. It's not the lap of luxury; there's the odd squeaky door, a slightly underwhelming buffet. But the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Its accessibility shines, the pool-area is gorgeous, and the spa is a must.
If you're looking for a comfortable, accessible hotel with good amenities and a relaxing atmosphere, Ona Alborada is a solid choice. It's not perfect, but it's genuinely good.
Here's my honest summary:
- Ups: Brilliant accessibility, lovely pool and spa, comfy rooms, good service.
- Downs: Food could be improved, and it's not the most luxurious place on Earth.
So, should you book?
(SEO Keyword: Tenerife hotel deals, Ona Alborada Tenerife, Accessible hotels Tenerife, Tenerife spa hotels, Tenerife family hotels, Tenerife, Spain, Canary Islands, Holiday)
Absolutely! Especially if you value accessibility, or you are seeking a nice place to relax. You can find amazing Tenerife hotel deals by checking various booking sites. Ona Alborada Tenerife is an excellent option for accessibility hotels in Tenerife. Families looking for an Tenerife family hotels should consider this. Consider it a solid option for an enjoyable holiday.
Ona Alborada: "Your Dream Vacation Awaits!" - The disclaimer: It's not a guarantee, but it's a pretty good shot. And for the price? Totally worth it.
Unbelievable! This Semarang Gem Will Blow Your Mind (OYO Life 93289 Jelita Residence 2)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, cuz we're about to dive headfirst into Ona Alborada, Tenerife, Spain! Not your pristine, Instagram-filtered travelogue, mind you. This is the real, messy, slightly-sunburnt version. Here goes…
Day 1: Arrival & The Great Suitcase Massacre (and Initial Panic)
- Morning (ish): Landed in Tenerife South. The pre-trip jitters – you know the ones? – hit hard at passport control. Did I pack the right adapter? Did I accidentally leave my toothbrush on the kitchen sink (spoiler: I did). Found the transfer, crammed myself into the shuttle, and instantly regretted wearing jeans. Already sweating, and we're not even at the pool yet.
- Afternoon: Found Ona Alborada. Or rather, it found me. Kidding! Check-in was surprisingly smooth. But the first hurdle: The suitcase. Or more accurately, my suitcase. It's a disaster zone. Half-packed and definitely over the weight limit. The first thing was to unpack it and be shocked by what I had packed. I mean, who needs three pairs of chunky knitted socks in Tenerife? (Don't judge. I was aiming to be prepared because of the weather)
- Late Afternoon/Early Evening: The REAL test. The apartment! Honestly? A bit dated. The decor screamed "1980s holiday home". Still, the balcony? Stunning! Overlooking the pool and the ocean. The sea breeze? Bliss. Tried to enjoy a glass of wine, but the corkscrew was missing. Cue minor breakdown. A quick trip to the local shop sorted that, but it took me an hour to find the bottle opener again. I'm already a mess, I tell ya!
- Evening: Dinner at the apartment. Made a pathetic attempt at cooking. Burned the garlic bread, but managed to salvage the pasta. Ate it on the balcony, watching the sunset. Honestly? Magical. Almost made me forget the suitcase carnage and the burnt garlic. Almost.
Day 2: Teide Trek & That Bloody Bus
- Morning: The Teide expedition! This was supposed to be the highlight. Booked a bus tour because, let's be honest, I'm intimidated by driving on foreign roads. The first snag? The bus was late. SO LATE. I mean, I started questioning the very fabric of reality. Turns out there was a "traffic issue." In Spain? Never! Sarcastically.
- Afternoon: Reached Teide. The volcano. It's… majestic. Seriously breathtaking. The landscape is like something out of a sci-fi movie. The air is thin, and the altitude whacks you. Attempted to hike a little, but after 20 minutes, I was gasping like a beached whale. Felt like a failure.
- Late Afternoon: Bus ride back. This time, the bus was packed. Trapped next to a snoring, sunburnt gentleman who kept touching my arm accidentally. (Ew.) Found solace in the fact that it was, maybe, a bus ride to a new destination.
- Evening: Dinner at a Tapas restaurant in the nearby town. The food was amazing. Seriously, the best patatas bravas I've ever had. Drowned my Teide disappointment in copious amounts of Rioja. Felt good! Except for the slight hangover that followed.
Day 3: Poolside Drama & The Lost Sunscreen
- Morning: Sunbathing. Or at least, attempting to sunbathe. My pale skin. My eternal enemy. Slathered on the SPF (or so I thought). Realized halfway through the morning that I’d taken the wrong tube. My poor, poor skin.
- Afternoon: Poolside chaos. Kids screaming, people splashing. Found a spot… then lost it. Twice. Briefly considered abandoning the entire enterprise and hiding in my apartment until the sun went down and I could walk around.
- Late Afternoon: Walked to a beach. This one time, I had a swim in the ocean, the sea felt so perfect, yet the waves kept pushing me around. I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- Evening: Cooked another questionable meal. This time, the garlic bread survived. Victory! Watched the sunset again. Starting to feel a bit more settled. A bit more me. Thinking of trying that damn corkscrew again.
Day 4: Whale Watching… and Sea Sickness (Oh, Joy!)
- Morning: Whale watching tour! Excited, hopeful. Seasickness tablets swallowed. Felt fine! For a whole hour.
- Afternoon: The whales! Stunning! Majestic! But the boat ride… oh, the boat ride. Cue green face, queasiness, and the sudden, urgent need to hug a toilet. Worst. Experience. Ever.
- Late Afternoon: Recovering. On land. Stumbling back to the apartment. Feeling sorry for myself. And hungry.
- Evening: More tapas. This time, I knew what to expect (deliciousness) and how to avoid them (eating!).
Day 5 & Beyond: (Still) Exploring, (Still) Messing Up, (Still) Loving It
- The plan: No plan. Embrace the chaos. Explore the local markets. Maybe try a hike that doesn’t involve dying of altitude sickness. Definitely stock up on sunscreen. And remember, the point is to enjoy, even when things don’t go quite right.
- The reality: Probably more burnt garlic bread. More minor disasters. More glorious sunsets. More moments of pure, unadulterated joy.
- Quirks & Observations!
- The Spanish dogs are the friendliest, most laid-back dogs on earth.
- I've become addicted to the local pastries.
- "Mañana" is a universal language. It means "eventually".
- I've spent a lot of time looking for my sunglasses. They're probably on my head.
- The sea is a beautiful beast.
Ona Alborada, you beautiful, slightly-wonky beast! It's not perfect. It's not polished. But it's real. And right now, that's all that matters. Time for another glass of wine. And maybe, just maybe, I’ll try to unpack that suitcase. Eventually. (Mañana, ya know?)
Istanbul: The PERFECT Turkey Getaway for Families!
Okay, seriously, is Ona Alborada in Tenerife *really* as amazing as the brochure pics? (Because, let's be honest, brochures lie.)
Alright, let's get real. The brochure? Yeah, it's pretty. But... it doesn't *quite* capture the magic, the *vibe*. Look, I'm a cynical traveler. I've seen enough perfectly-posed sunsets in glossy magazines to last a lifetime. But Ona Alborada? It's got something. Let's put it this way: the pool actually *does* look like that, and the sun really *is* that intense. Bonus points: the brochure *can't* convey the scent of the salty air mixed with the faint aroma of roasting chicken from a nearby restaurant. Seriously, the chicken... it's a *thing*. You'll spend half your vacation figuring out where it's coming from and the other half dreaming about it.
What are the rooms like? Practicalities, please! (And are the beds comfortable? That's crucial.)
Okay, rooms. Here's the deal. They’re not the Four Seasons, people. But, they're perfectly acceptable. Clean, decently spacious, and (important detail!) the balcony is *actually* usable. Like, you can sit out there, sip your wine (which you'll likely buy from the little shop down the street, because let's be real, the hotel mini-bar is highway robbery), and stare at the ocean.
The beds? Okay, here's where I get a little *emotional*. The first night, I was convinced someone swapped my mattress with a slab of concrete. I woke up feeling like I'd wrestled a bear. But… and this is a big BUT… I got used to it. By the third night, I was *almost* sleeping like a log. Maybe it was the red wine. Maybe it was the exhaustion from climbing Mount Teide. Who knows? Bring extra pillows, just in case. And earplugs. The seagulls have *opinions* about the sunrise.
Food? Tell me about the food! (I live to eat!)
Right, food. This is a big deal for me, too. The Ona Alborada has a restaurant. And look, it’s… convenient. The buffet breakfast is a solid start to the day – the usual suspects: eggs, bacon, pastries, questionable coffee. But the real culinary gold comes from venturing *outside*.
There's a little place a short walk away, a tiny family-run restaurant... *oh man*. I can't even remember the name, but it's got a red door and the best garlic prawns I’ve *ever* tasted. Seriously. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Go there. Just... go. Forget the hotel restaurant. Trust me. And learn a few basic Spanish phrases. My attempts at ordering were, shall we say, *creative*. But hey, the waiter understood, and that plate of prawns... pure bliss. Almost makes you forget the questionable bed.
What's there to do? Beach? Pool? Day trips? Do I need a car?
Okay, let's break it down. Beaches? Yes! Loads of them. Some are black sand (volcanic – very cool!), some are golden. The pool at Ona Alborada is lovely for a lazy day, but the beach is where it's at. You can sunbathe, swim, or just watch the world go by. Bliss.
Day trips? Absolutely. Mount Teide is a must-do. It's breathtaking (literally, it's high up!). The cable car is a bit of an experience – expect queues, and maybe a little altitude sickness. Worth it though, the views are insane. A car is useful, but not essential. You can get around by bus, but it can be a bit of a time commitment. If you want ultimate freedom, spring for the rental. Just remember to factor in parking. Spaces are… scarce
The Wi-Fi. Is it, you know, actually usable? Because I need to work (ugh).
Ah, the modern tragedy. Wi-Fi. Look, it's not *terrible*. It's not blazing fast. It's… adequate. Expect some dropouts. Expect moments of intense frustration. Expect to be yelling at your laptop at 3 AM because it's decided to quit on you during an important email.
My advice? Embrace the downtime. Leave the work behind. Seriously. The reason you're there is to relax and disconnect. So, take a deep breath, go for a walk, and enjoy the view. Or, if you *absolutely* must work, head down to the lobby. The Wi-Fi *might* be a tiny bit stronger there – and you can people-watch while you're screaming silently at your computer.
What's the general vibe? Is it family-friendly? Packed with partiers? Quiet and romantic? Tell me the truth!
Okay, the *vibe*. This is important. Ona Alborada strikes a pretty good balance. It's definitely family-friendly – there were kids everywhere, splashing in the pool, but not in an overwhelming, out-of-control way. There’s a kids' club, so you can enjoy some adult-time.
It's not a party resort, thank goodness. You won't have to deal with thumping music and drunken revelry. It's more… relaxed. Couples were there, families were there, groups of friends were there. Basically, a good mix. It's a place where you can chill out, read a book, sip a cocktail, and actually hear yourself think. Which, after a year of lockdowns, was a slice of absolute heaven. Highly recommended. Trust me on this one. Go. Eat those prawns. You won't regret it.
Are there any hidden costs I should be aware of? (I'm on a budget!)
Hidden costs... ah, the bane of every budget traveler's existence! Well, the usual suspects apply. Drinks at the pool bar aren't cheap. The aforementioned mini-bar is a ripoff. The laundry service is pricey. Oh, and the parking. If you rent a car, factor that in.
Beware the temptation to order room service every night, unless you’re made of money. Also, if you plan to do a lot of day trips, factor in the cost of transport and activities. But honestly? Tenerife is relatively affordable. You can have an amazing time without breaking the bank. Just plan ahead, and maybe pack a few bottles of wine from the duty-free.
Around The World Hotels

Comments
Post a Comment