Sheraton Tucuman: Your Argentinian Escape Awaits!

Sheraton Tucuman: Your Argentinian Escape Awaits!
Sheraton Tucuman: My Argentinian Escape (And Why You Should Book It…Eventually)
Okay, folks, buckle up. This isn't your average fluffy hotel review. This is a deep dive into the Sheraton Tucuman, your Argentinian escape… supposedly. Because let's be honest, every hotel promises an escape, right? But does it deliver? Let's find out. And trust me, I'm a tough customer. I'm also a bit of a scatterbrain, so bear with me.
First Impressions (and the Airport Transfer – YES, PLEASE!)
So, arriving in Tucuman. The airport, well, let's just say it's charmingly…local. But then, BOOM, the Sheraton's pre-arranged airport transfer hits you like a cool breeze of relief. Clean, air-conditioned, and the driver? Polite. Score one for the "ease of arrival" category, because, after a long plane ride, that's everything. They even offered me bottle of water immediately, which in that heat, was a godsend.
Accessibility: Bless Their Hearts (Mostly)
Alright, let's talk accessibility. Because I'm always looking out for my fellow humans. The Sheraton's got elevator access to all floors, which is a non-negotiable. There are facilities for disabled guests, which, on paper, is fantastic. Now, full disclosure: I didn't personally test these specific features, but the hotel's commitment is evident. They get extra points for that.
Cleanliness and Safety: Are They Really Serious?
Okay, this is where I raise an eyebrow. In this post-pandemic world (and honestly, even before), cleanliness is paramount. The Sheraton seems to be taking it seriously. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, rooms sanitized between stays… all the buzzwords are there! They offer room sanitization opt-out available, which is nice for those who are picky. They’ve also got a doctor/nurse on call, a first aid kit, and the usual hand sanitizer everywhere. The Staff trained in safety protocol is good to hear. The Safe dining setup is also a winner. I didn't see any blatant issues or notice anything gross (always a plus). BUT… and this is a BIG but… you can never be too careful, right? I personally always carry a small bottle of my own sanitizer. Just in case. I'm a worrier, what can I say?
The Room: Air Conditioning is God
My room! Ah, the room. Okay, so the air conditioning? Absolute lifesaver. Necessary and appreciated. Thank the heavens for that. It was brutally hot outside. The bed? Comfortable. Decent pillows. I mean, not life-changing pillows, but perfectly acceptable for a good night's sleep. The blackout curtains were a major win – crucial for adjusting to the time difference and blocking out the morning sun. They had complimentary tea, and a mini bar with what was really needed. I’m going to be honest, I really liked the mini bar.
Internet: Bless the Free Wi-Fi (and the Occasional Groan)
Let's talk internet. The hotel proudly boasts of free Wi-Fi in all rooms!. Hallelujah! Now, here's the truth: it wasn't always lightning-fast. There were moments of what I lovingly call "glacial internet" – the kind where you start questioning your life choices. I tested the Internet [LAN] too… and that was a little more reliable. I’m a heavy internet user, and I need my connectivity so that’s something a hotel absolutely has to get right. I also used the Internet access – wireless. It was fine, but not as good as it should be.
Dining: Food, Glorious Food (With a Few Hiccups)
The dining situation at the Sheraton is… a rollercoaster. Let’s start with the good: the breakfast buffet. Okay, it’s an Argentinian buffet, so expect a heavy emphasis on… well, pretty much everything delicious. Empanadas? Check. Fresh fruit? Check. I’m a sucker for a good Western breakfast and they had one. The Asian breakfast looked intriguing, but I didn’t try it (maybe next time!). The Coffee/tea in restaurant was actually surprisingly good. And the Breakfast service? Efficient and friendly. They even have a breakfast takeaway service if you're in a hurry.
Now, the hiccups. The restaurants? Plural. Promises, promises! The A la carte in restaurant was good, but I'd rate them as average at best. Nothing particularly memorable. They have the Poolside bar, but frankly, it could be a little livelier. The Snack bar was handy for a quick bite. I did get some perfectly cooked salad in restaurant, which was a nice change. I saw a Vegetarian restaurant, but didn’t try it. I’m really not sure how serious they are about that.
Things to Do (Or Not Do, Depending on Your Mood)
Okay, here’s where the Sheraton gives you options. There's a Fitness center, which, let's be honest, I peeked at. (My travel companions actually used it. I'm more of a "read a book by the pool" kind of person.) There's a Swimming pool [outdoor] (a beautiful one with a Pool with view), and that alone is worth the price of admission, in my book.
But, the real treat? The Spa. I tried the massage. And wow. Just… wow. It was an hour of pure bliss. Literally melted all my travel-related stress away. The Spa/sauna looked tempting, but I’m not a sauna person. They also offer a Body scrub and Foot bath, and a Steamroom. I liked the Body wrap.
Services and Conveniences: The Good, The Okay, and the "Meh"
The Sheraton offers the usual array of services. Concierge? Helpful. Dry cleaning? Convenient. Laundry service? Necessary, because I ALWAYS manage to spill something on myself. The Daily housekeeping was efficient. The Cash withdrawal facility was useful.
For the Kids
The Sheraton is Family/child friendly which is great. They have a Babysitting service. I didn’t have any kids with me, so I didn’t use these services. They also offer Kids meal.
Overall Vibe: Would I Go Back?
Okay, so, would I recommend the Sheraton Tucuman?
- The Good: The location is solid, the staff is generally friendly, the rooms are comfortable and the pool is amazing. The massage at the spa was worth the trip alone. The airport transfer is a godsend.
- The Not-So-Good: The internet can be spotty, and the restaurant food is decent but not mind-blowing.
- The "Meh": Some of the decor feels a little dated.
The Verdict:
Sheraton Tucuman? It's a solid choice. It's not perfect, but it's a good base for exploring Tucuman. It offers a comfortable, safe, and convenient Argentinian escape. And that spa? Yeah, I'd go back for that.
My Offer for you (Because Everyone Loves a Deal!):
Book your stay at the Sheraton Tucuman through my link (coming soon!) and get:
- A complimentary upgrade (subject to availability) - Because who doesn't love a better view!
- A free spa treatment (choose from a relaxing massage or a refreshing body scrub) - Because you deserve to be pampered!
- A welcome "Mate" kit - Embrace the Argentinian culture!
- Insider tips for the best empanadas in town - Because trust me, you need to know!
Click here to book your Argentinian Escape and get pampered! (link coming soon)
P.S. Don't forget your sunscreen! And maybe a travel adapter. And your appetite. And… oh, just go! You won't regret it. And if you do, blame me in the reviews! ;)
Escape to Paradise: Your Private 3-Bedroom Pool Villa in Hua Hin Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously-planned travel itinerary. This is… me, loose and rambling in the heart of Tucumán, Argentina, courtesy of the (hopefully) comfortable Sheraton. Let's get this chaos started!
Day 1: Arrival, Anticipation, and the Great Empanada Hunt!
14:00 - 15:00: Arrive at Tucumán Airport (TUC) - Ugh, the Wait! Okay, first things first – the flight. Let's just say I'm not exactly a graceful traveler. I spent half the flight convinced I'd forgotten my passport (I hadn't, naturally), and the other half trying to subtly elbow my way to the armrest. Airport security? Don't even get me started. But hey, we made it! Hooray! Now, the long, long wait at the tiny Tucumán airport luggage carousel. I'm pretty sure that's where good travel intentions go to die. My inner monologue at this point? "Is that my bag? No. Is that? Nope. Curse you, international luggage handlers!"
15:00 - 15:30: Transfer to Sheraton Tucumán - Finally, Air Conditioning! Hallelujah! A swift taxi ride (thankfully, the driver understood my broken Spanish) to the Sheraton. And air conditioning! Sweet, sweet air conditioning. The lobby looked impressive, but honestly, I was mostly focused on the sheer bliss of escaping the humidity.
15:30 - 16:00: Check-in and Room Reconnaissance - Judge, Jury, and Executioner of Hotel Rooms. Okay, room check. Always a critical moment. The bed? Good. View? Okay, it's not the ocean, but hey, it's Argentina. The bathroom? Clean? Excellent. (This is the most important bit, let's be honest). A quick little dance of happiness because my suitcase looks like it can fit in the room too. Then, a quick sprawl on the bed, a moment to breathe, and a mental pep talk: "Right, adventure time!"
16:00 - 18:00: The Great Empanada Quest - Armed with an Appetite and a Translator App. My mission: find the best empanada in Tucumán. This, my friends, is a serious undertaking. I'd heard whispers of legendary empanadas, flaky pastry, and savory fillings that would make you weep with joy. Armed with Google Translate and a burning desire, I ventured out. I wandered the streets, the smell of grilled meat and spices hanging in the air. I stumbled upon a tiny, unassuming corner shop and nearly tripped over my own feet with excitement. This is it, I thought.
- The first empanada? Okay. Good, solid, but not the earth-shattering experience I'd been promised. I'll admit a tiny pang of disappointment.
- The second? Better. The flavor had a depth I hadn't expected, a hint of something… magical. Was it the chimichurri they served alongside? Was it the fact that I was eating it on a bustling street corner, a million miles from home? Either way, I was hooked.
- The Third Empanada - An Obsession is Born: I found another little cafe, and I ordered, I sat and waited and I waited. And then, it came. The empanada.
- One bite, and I swear, the world stopped spinning. The pastry was crisp, the filling was a symphony of flavors: tender beef, onions, olives, a perfect balance of sweet, salty, and spicy. "This," I declared to the empty street, "is a religious experience!" And a half an hour later, I ordered another one. The empanada addiction commenced that very day.
18:00 - 20:00: Drinks at the Hotel Bar - Regrettable Karaoke and Over-Confident Spanish. I figured a celebratory drink was in order. The Sheraton bar was… fine. Nice view, good cocktails, slightly overpriced. I managed to butcher my Spanish while trying to order, earning a few laughs and a knowing look from the bartender. The night took an unexpected turn when a karaoke machine emerged. Why did I think it was a good idea to sing "Livin' on a Prayer" in front of strangers? The answer: alcohol, and a profound lack of self-awareness. Let's just say my performance was… enthusiastic.
20:00 - 21:00: Dinner at the hotel restaurant - The Good, the Bad, and the Very Salty. The food was… a mixed bag? The steak was amazing, perfectly cooked, the kind of beef that makes you want to move to Argentina and become a full-time carnivore. But the side of potatoes was so salty, I swear my kidneys are still recovering. A minor setback on the food front, but, hey, I'll be okay for tomorrows adventures.
21:00 - Bedtime: Bed and Netflix – Trying to Recover from the Karaoke Debacle. I'm exhausted. I need sleep. I need recovery. All that empanada-eating, karaoke-singing, and over-enthusiastic Spanish has taken it out of me.
Day 2: History, Hangovers, and More Empanadas (Obviously)
09:00 - 10:00: Wake Up and Regret (at least the karaoke part) - Painfully Aware of My Own Vocal Limitations. Woke up, slowly, with a dull headache (thanks, karaoke!), and a profound sense of embarrassment over my singing prowess. Coffee. Must. Have. Coffee. Now, let's re-strategize the day.
10:00 - 13:00: Historical Stuff – Trying to Look Intelligent (and Stay Awake). Time to embrace some culture. I dragged myself to the Casa Histórica de la Independencia, where Argentina declared independence. History is fascinating, right? (Please say yes). I felt obligated, so that I could say I did things, not just eat. The museum was interesting, the exhibits well-curated, and mostly I didn't fall asleep on the spot.
13:00 - 14:00: Lunch - More Empanadas? Don't Mind if I Do! Okay, clearly, an empanada-based diet is the only viable option. Found a new spot, and the flavors were even better than the first. It's official: I'm obsessed. I even had the audacity to ask the chef, “how did you make it?”
14:00 - 17:00: Exploring the City - Lost and Found (Mostly Lost). Wandered through the city. Got lost (shocking, I know). Found some cool street art, haggled badly over a souvenir (I'm terrible at bartering). Saw some beautiful architecture and tried to navigate the chaotic traffic.
17:00 - 19:00: Pool Time - Pretending to Be Relaxed While Sunburnt. Back to the Sheraton. Pool time! Tried to look cool and relaxed, but I'm fairly certain I'm now slightly lobster-hued. Also, the pool water may or may not have been too cold.
19:00 - 20:00: Pre-Dinner Drinks and Planning – Attempting to Figure Out Tomorrow. Another drink at the hotel bar. Trying to formulate a strategy for tomorrow. Possibly another empanada hunt.
20:00 - 21:00: Dinner – Back to steak! Tonight's dinner? Steak. Gotta keep the high protein content going.
21:00 - Bedtime: Crash!
Day 3: The End (For Now), Reflections, and the Bitter-Sweet Goodbye.
09:00 - 10:00: Breakfast, Regret, and Packing (the Worst). Breakfast at the hotel. More coffee. More regret that I have to leave this Empanada heaven. Packing. The most hated chore in the world.
10:00 - 12:00: Last-Minute Empanada Run? – A Final Taste of Perfection. One last empanada, obvs. I'm going to miss this.
12:00 - 13:00: Check Out & Taxi to Airport - Reality Bites. Check out. More taxi. See you later delicious empanadas, your time is up. Airport. More waiting.
13:00 - Departure - Until Next Time, Tucumán! Goodbye, sweet Tucumán! It's been a messy, imperfect, and utterly wonderful ride. I'll be back. And next time? I'm bringing an empty suitcase, because I'm probably going to try to smuggle empanadas.

So, is the Sheraton Tucuman actually... any good? Like, *really* good?
Okay, here's the deal. I'm a sucker for a good Sheraton. I mean, they're usually predictable, which, let's be honest, is sometimes exactly what you *need* on a trip. But Tucuman? It's a whole different ball game. It's like, "Sheraton with a Tango twist." Mostly good, but, you know... Argentina. Things get *interesting*.
I had this *massive* craving for empanadas after a day of exploring. Ended up ordering room service. Now, the empanadas? Heavenly. Seriously, those things were like little pockets of pure, delicious joy. But the guy who delivered them? Bless his heart, he was absolutely *flustered*. He dropped a fork. He mumbled something about "tráfico" (which, yeah, Tucuman traffic is legendary). It was a whole *experience* just getting the food in the room. Totally endearing, though. Sheraton-esque perfection with a healthy dose of Argentinian chaos.
What's the deal with the location? Is it convenient?
Convenient? Ehhhhh... Kinda. It's *in* Tucuman, which is the most important part. It's near Plaza Independencia, which is good for strolling and people-watching. Close enough to all the "stuff" you'll wanna see, but… Here's the thing about Tucuman, and honestly, most South American cities: you *will* need a taxi, or preferably, a ride-sharing app like Uber or Cabify. Walking everywhere is probably not the best idea, especially at night.
One time, I thought I'd be adventurous and walk back from a restaurant… big mistake! Ended up feeling like I was in a vintage action film. The Sheraton's location is fine, just factor in transportation. But hey, it's close to the airport, which is a huge win on the way in or on the way out. You know… when you're exhausted from all the exploring and empanadas. That's a win.
The pool! Is the pool area Instagram-worthy?
Okay, the pool. I'm a sucker for a good pool. Was it Instagram-worthy? Mmm… depends on your standards. It wasn't the *sexiest* pool I've ever seen – think less infinity edge, more… rectangular calm. But it was clean, it was refreshing, and it was a *godsend* after a long day of trekking around. And hey, let's be real, sometimes a basic, functional pool is all you need. I wouldn't plan your whole trip around the pool's aesthetics, but I definitely used it to great effect.
I did have this hilarious moment where I was trying to take a selfie... and completely missed. My sunglasses almost went in the water. So, yeah… it’s Instagram-adjacent. Bring your own sunglasses insurance.
What about the rooms? Comfortable? Clean? Fancy?
The rooms are… standard Sheraton. Which, in this case, is a good thing, mostly. Clean? Yes. Comfortable? Yes. Fancy? Well, not exactly the Ritz-Carlton. But the beds are good! You can sleep! And after those empanadas and the traffic… oh man, that's all that really matters.
I got a room on a high floor. Which, honestly, was probably unnecessary. You’re in Tucuman, not Dubai. The view was… okay. Mostly rooftops. However, one night, there was a HUGE storm! The wind and rain were absolutely insane. And from the safety of my dry, cozy Sheraton room, it was actually incredibly awesome to watch. Worth it for the storm view alone! Bring earplugs, though, if you're a light sleeper because… weather happens.
Let's talk about breakast! Is it good? Because I NEED a good breakfast!
Breakfast is… a mixed bag, my friends. The *basics* are there. Eggs? Check. Bacon? Yep (though the bacon in Argentina can be a bit… different. I'm used to the crispy kind; this was a softer, more… European type. Took some getting used to). Pastries? Oh, yes. And they're delicious! Seriously, the croissants were *dangerously* good.
But here's the thing. It can get *crowded*. Breakfast time is a *thing*. So, arrive early. Or be prepared to embrace the chaos. I swear, one morning, there was a full-on *battle* for the coffee machine. It was like a scene out of a zombie movie, but instead of brains, everyone wanted caffeine. So, yeah, the breakfast is good. But go prepared to compete. And for the love of all that is holy, get your coffee *before* the rush.
What about the service? Are the staff helpful?
The service is… generally good, but with a healthy dose of Argentinian charm. They *try*. They're friendly. They're usually helpful. But efficiency? Well, let's just say, "tiempo argentino" is in full effect. Things take a bit longer than you might be used to. But honestly? It's part of the experience.
I had this whole *thing* with my key card. It just wouldn't work. I tried everything! Finally, I went down to the front desk, fully expecting to lose my mind. But the guy at the desk? He was so apologetic and helpful. He reprogrammed it. He offered me a coffee. He even apologized *again* when it *still* didn't work the first time! (Turns out, I had it upside down. Duh.) So, yeah, expect a slightly slower pace, but also expect genuine kindness and a willingness to help. Just be patient. And maybe check your key card orientation.
Is there anything to do at the hotel BESIDES eat and sleep?
Well, besides the pool and maybe the gym (which I didn't personally try… exercise on vacation is a personal tragedy), the answer is… not really. The hotel's a great base. It's comfortable. Relaxing. But the real action is *outside*. Go explore! Hit up the city’s historic sites, the museums. Eat all the empanadas and drink all the wine. Seriously, find a good place for a *locro* stew. (Important recommendation: if the waiters ask if you want green sauce, say YES!).
The Sheraton is your launching pad. Your safe havenStay While You Wander


Comments
Post a Comment