Escape to Paradise: Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn Awaits!

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Escape to Paradise: Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn Awaits!

Escape to Paradise? More Like… Escaping to Sanity at Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn! (My Messy, Honest Review)

Alright, folks, let's be real. After a week of wrangling spreadsheets and dodging existential dread, I needed an escape. And "Escape to Paradise: Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn Awaits!"… well, the slogan felt a bit grand, but hey, a girl can dream. So, I packed my bags (and a hefty dose of skepticism) and hit the road.

First Impressions: Accessibility & Getting Settled (and Me, Tripping Over My Own Feet)

Okay, first things first: Accessibility. I wasn’t personally testing this, but the website does mention facilities for guests with disabilities, like an elevator (thank goodness!), and I saw facilities for disabled guests listed later on. So, fingers crossed they're doing a decent job on that front. It’s a massive relief to see these things included, rather than being excluded. Also, the car park [free of charge] and on-site parking was a huge win. No fumbling around with coins while juggling my suitcase and a desperate need for a coffee. Check-in was thankfully Contactless check-in/out, which meant no awkward small talk about my obvious travel fatigue. The front desk [24-hour] being open is another plus, because, let’s face it, I am never on time.

My room? Standard. Clean. Air conditioning? Yep. Wi-Fi [free]? You betcha! I'm practically glued to my laptop, so the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! was a lifesaver (and more on that later!). They advertised Air conditioning in public areas, too, which is great, especially during the Aussie heat. However, I did get a bit miffed with the Internet access – wireless suddenly not working and needed to use Internet access – LAN for a bit. The reception helped me fix it immediately, but a minor hiccup is all it was.

Room Rundown: Amenities and a Few Quirks

My room had the usual suspects: Desk, Coffee/tea maker, a Refrigerator, and a Mini bar. I'm a sucker for Bathtub and a Separate shower/bathtub, so I was happy. The bed… a Extra long bed for my lanky frame, and it was surprisingly comfortable! The Soundproof walls were a godsend because the outside corridors can be a bit noisy as it is an Exterior corridor. Also, Non-smoking rooms are a plus too. I got a nice Alarm clock, Safe box, Complimentary tea, Slippers and Towels.

There was also a Reading light, Mirror, Closet, and all the standard Toiletries that kept me happy. The only slightly weird thing? There was a Bathroom phone. Really? I'm not calling room service from the toilet, but hey, your mileage may vary.

Cleanliness & Safety: Taking it Seriously (Especially These Days)

Okay, this is where I got extra brownie points. Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn clearly takes cleanliness seriously. Seeing Anti-viral cleaning products in action really put my mind at ease. I’m talking Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, and Professional-grade sanitizing services. They even had a sign in the room saying you could Room sanitization opt-out available, which I thought was brilliant. They had Hand sanitizer everywhere, and I saw staff wearing masks and keeping their distance. Plus, the Staff trained in safety protocol, which is important. There was a First aid kit, Fire extinguisher, and Smoke alarms. A proper Hygiene certification really set my mind at ease.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Food Adventures (and My Carb Cravings)

Alright, let's talk food. The Breakfast [buffet] was the first stop. Okay, let’s be honest, it wasn’t Michelin-star quality, but it had bacon, eggs, cereal, and coffee. What more do you need? The Asian breakfast was a nice touch too. And coffee refills? Plentiful. They had Breakfast service going on. Also, there was also a Coffee/tea in restaurant for late afternoons.

They had a proper Restaurant, with A la carte in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and Western cuisine in restaurant. And a Snack bar, in case you miss your late-night snack. There are also Restaurants nearby, so that's a perk too. Room service [24-hour]? YES! After a long drive, all I wanted was a burger and a movie. Mission accomplished.

Ways to Relax, aka, My Attempt to Unwind (and Failing Gloriously)

Now, for the "Paradise" part… I was hoping for some serious relaxation. They had a Swimming pool [outdoor]. It looked lovely! The Pool with view was a great idea. Also, there’s a Fitness center. Sadly, my fitness regime is limited to running from the fridge to the sofa, so that wasn't for me. They also have a Spa/sauna. I was so excited to test out the Spa! Unfortunately, they were all fully booked. Note to self: book this BEFORE arriving next time.

Services and Conveniences: The Good, The Bad, and the Slightly Confusing

They had a lot of services thrown in, and I am not sure how to measure their value. A Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, and Safety deposit boxes. The Babysitting service is there too. There was a convenience store but I didn’t use it.

Things to Do, aka, Actually Leaving the Room (Eventually)

Okay, so Bairnsdale isn’t exactly buzzing with nightlife, but there are some things to do. There is Bicycle parking. If you did the bike ride, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site] meant no running around.

The Verdict: Paradise? Maybe Not, But Definitely a Solid Escape

Look, "Escape to Paradise" might be a slight overstatement. But Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn delivers a clean, comfortable, and surprisingly safe stay. If you're looking for a reliable place to recharge, with decent food, and a genuine commitment to cleanliness, this place is a winner. I'd go back. (And next time, I'm booking that spa treatment!)

My Advice?

  • Book the Spa ASAP. Seriously.
  • Pack your own snacks. Just in case.
  • Embrace the quiet. That's the whole point, right?
  • Get a room with a view. If you can. It adds a little something.

Final Score: 7.5/10 - Solid, Satisfying, and (Most Importantly) Sanitized!

Shangrao's Hidden Gem: Orange Hotel Poyang Wetland Park!

Book Now

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my Bairnsdale Bonanza! My grand adventure to the Colonial Motor Inn, a place promising… well, a bed, basically. Golden Chain Property, Gippsland Region, Australia. Sounds fancy, right? Prepare for anything but fancy. Prepare for… me.

Day 1: Arrival with a Side of Skepticism (and Bad Coffee)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrival at Colonial Motor Inn. (GPS lied, as usual. Took me a solid 20 minutes longer than it should have, thanks to some questionable road signs that looked like they’d been designed by a particularly confused badger). Seriously, the signage in Gippsland… it's a whole thing.

    • First Impressions: The exterior… well, it's there. Think a beige box with a slightly forlorn air about it. The reception area, however, was surprisingly…clean? Okay, okay, maybe this won't be a total disaster.
    • The Room: Ah, the room. Let’s just say it’s a masterclass in beige. Beige carpet, beige walls, beige bedspread… I swear, I could practically hear the dust bunnies gossiping. But hey, the bed looked vaguely inviting, and that's all I needed after the drive.
  • 2:00 PM: Discovering the "Continental Breakfast" (and the Sad Coffee Situation). Honestly, I’d prepared myself for a feast. Fruit? Pastries? Maybe even some tiny, elegant quiches? Nope. Think pre-packaged cereal, stale toast, and coffee that tasted suspiciously like dishwater. My initial reaction? A dramatic eye-roll followed by a mental note to find a decent cafe immediately.

  • 3:00 PM: A Stroll Around Bairnsdale (and the Quest for a Decent Coffee). Armed with a map (and a renewed sense of caffeine desperation), I set out to explore the town. Bairnsdale… well, it's got a certain…charm. It's the kind of charm that takes a while to notice. I walked down main street. It was quaint-ish. I can't help but wonder where all those tourists are. But hey, found a charming little cafe and had the most delicious coffee!

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner (and the Lonely Planet Guide's Conspiracy Theory). I tried out a quirky little Asian fusion restaurant. The food was… interesting. Mixed feelings, but the ambiance was nice. I swear, the Lonely Planet Guide described everything as "charming" and "quirky," which, after a while, starts to feel like a coded message. What's the secret? Are all these places secretly hiding something?

  • 8:00 PM: Back at the Colonial Inn. Okay, after the weirdness of my dinner. I'm just at the Colonial Inn. No more wandering. I'm just at the Colonial Inn.

Day 2: Lake Experience and the Unexpected (and Obsessive) Squirrel Encounter

  • 9:00 AM: Breakfast (Take Two): Armed with my freshly brewed coffee (from my trusty travel French press! See? Prepared!), I bravely faced the continental breakfast again. This time, I knew what to expect. Got a banana. Ate it.
  • 9:30 AM: Lake Experience: Now, now. Lakes are meant to be beautiful, and the water here is pretty, I suppose. It’s not a breathtaking view, it’s not overly inspiring, or anything of the sort. But the air's fresh, the sun's out, and that's good enough for me.
  • 11:30 AM: The Squirrel Incident (and My Descent into Madness): Oh. My. God. There was a squirrel. A tiny, ridiculously fluffy squirrel. And he was obsessed with the bird feeders outside my room. I spent a solid hour watching him, and he was so cute! I named him "Nutsy," and I'm already mentally planning his biography. Someone stop me.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch: I went to the local "pub-restaurant," looking for a hearty meal. I ordered a vegetarian burger, and it was basically a soggy bread bun and a sad patty. Okay, maybe I should have gone for something more meaty.
  • 2:30 PM: The Quest for Peace and Quiet (Failed Attempt). After the bizarre burger experience, I retreated to my room, determined to get some work done. That was until the sounds of families laughing and playing in the pool. All I could do was roll my eyes.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner and Reflecting: Thinking of the trip, I realized I should get out more.
  • 8:00 PM: Early night. My plans to go to the Colonial Inn's pool got canceled because of the noises of families. I'm just staying in my room. I'm bored.

Day 3: Departure (and a Surprisingly Sweet Farewell)

  • 9:00 AM: Farewell Breakfast (and a Change of Heart?). One last look at the sad continental breakfast. But, strangely, this time, I felt a pang of… affection? Maybe it was the familiarity. Maybe it was the lack of alternatives. I ate my toast.
  • 10:00 AM: Final Room Inspection and Goodbye. The room was still beige, but the bed felt… less lonely. I turned the key, and well, it's time to go. Bye, bed.
  • 11:00 AM: The Drive Home (and the Ongoing Squirrel Saga). As I hit the road, I caught a glimpse of Nutsy. He was still at the bird feeder, looking as fluffy and chaotic as ever. I waved goodbye, and you know what? For all its quirks and flaws, Colonial Motor Inn wasn't so bad. It was just… real. And sometimes, that's all you need.
Davao City's BEST Kept Secret: 7 AMAZING Budget Stays at Mailz Haven Door!

Book Now

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Escape to Paradise: Bairnsdale's Colonial Motor Inn Awaits! - Seriously, What's the Deal? FAQ (and My Two Cents)

So, what *is* this "Colonial Motor Inn" anyway? Sounds... well, dated.

Okay, yeah, "Colonial Motor Inn" doesn't exactly scream "hip and happening," does it? I went in there expecting something straight outta the 70s, concrete blocks and all. And... well, some of it *is*. Think classic Aussie motel. Low-slung buildings, parking right outside your door – perfect for that epic road trip! But honestly, it's got a certain retro charm I actually dug. Like, proper old-school hospitality, you know? Less about minimalist design, more about a comfy bed and a decent cuppa. Don't expect the Ritz. Expect... well, Bairnsdale. And that's perfectly fine, sometimes.

Oh, also, the pool. Remember the pool! I forgot to take my kids to the pool and they were inconsolable for nearly an hour! I felt like such a dad! Seriously consider the pool.

Is it family-friendly, or more of a romantic getaway type of place? (Or somewhere in between?)

Definitely family-friendly! I saw more kids than lovebirds, to be honest. Loads of space to run around (well, within reason – it's still a motel, not a National Park). The pool’s a lifesaver. And, from what I could overhear, the staff are pretty chill with the inevitable kid noises. They’d have to be, I'm positive that my kids are the loudest. There's nothing worse than trying to enjoy family time and having a quiet moment interrupted by other family's kids having fun. I'm joking!

But, look, if you're after a candlelit dinner and whispered secrets, maybe choose a different Inn. Or… book for a weekday when everyone else is at work. That's what I'd do! (if I was sneaky…)

What's the deal with the rooms? Are they... clean? Modern? Basic?

Okay, straight up: clean. Definitely clean. They’ve clearly put effort into keeping the place tidy. The 'modern' part… less so. Think comfortable, functional, maybe a little bit worn around the edges. Our room had those classic block-out curtains – a godsend for sleeping in! And the beds were surprisingly comfy. Not the super-plush, memory-foam types, but a solid, good night's sleep kind of comfy. But I swear, there were some weird stains on the carpet. Like, REALLY weird. But hey, who's looking at the carpet, right?

Oh, and get this! No USB ports! Seriously? In this day and age? Had to dig out the ancient plug adapter I haven't touched since… well, since last time I stayed somewhere like this. Remember to pack your charger!

Is there a restaurant on site? And if not, where should I eat?

Yes, there is. It's a bit of a throwback, but the food was genuinely decent. I went for the roast, because… well, why not? Felt like the right thing to eat at a Colonial Motor Inn! The portions were gigantic, I’m talking proper "end-of-a-long-day-on-the-road" portions. And the service was lovely. Seriously, the staff were genuinely friendly, which always makes a difference. You’d be surprised how far a smile and a "How ya goin'" can go.

If you want to head somewhere else – and explore Bairnsdale – there are plenty of pubs around the area. Ask the front desk, they will know best! Or just wander and see what grabs you. It's not exactly known for its Michelin stars, but you'll find something to fill your belly.

What's there to *do* around Bairnsdale? Besides, you know, relaxing in a motel.

Okay, Bairnsdale is all about exploring the Gippsland Lakes. Think boat trips, fishing, kayaking… all that outdoorsy stuff. We took a cruise, which was absolutely stunning. Just pristine water, amazing scenery. The kids loved it. I almost fell asleep. (Don't tell them!). There are also some nice little walks around, and the town centre is pretty charming. There is also some sort of art gallery in the town, but I didn't make it to it. Oops.

Honestly, it's the perfect base for a low-key getaway. Don't go expecting a massive nightlife scene or an overload of activities. Embrace the chill. Embrace the slower pace. Embrace the fact you're finally AWAY from work (and the washing!).

Any hidden gems? Any tips for fellow travelers?

Okay, here's the inside scoop:

1. **Pack snacks.** Seriously. Especially if you have kids. Motel shops, let's be honest, are usually overpriced and a bit sparse. 2. **Embrace the Wi-Fi.** It may not be blazing fast, but it's there. And sometimes, that's all you need to catch up on your emails (or, you know, scroll through social media – no judgment!). 3. **Talk to the staff.** They're super helpful and have the local knowledge. Ask them about the best places to eat, what's worth seeing, etc. They're your secret weapon! 4. **Don’t forget your swimmers!** (as mentioned previously - and I'm sure you'll ignore me, which is fine). 5. **Relax!!** Stop worrying about all the things you need to do, all the places you need to be, don’t worry about the weird carpet stains, just… relax.

Would you go back? Be brutally honest.

You know what? Yeah, I probably would. It's not the most luxurious place on earth, but it's comfortable, it's clean, and it's got a certain charm that grows on you. It made me feel… relaxed. And honestly, after the week I'd had, that's exactly what I needed. Plus, the kids still talk about the pool! So, yeah, Colonial Motor Inn, you might see me again. Just, maybe next time, I'll remember the swimmers… and maybe a new bag for the endless supply of kid snacks! Ah, parenthood!

One last thing... Is the air conditioning loud? And do the curtains actually block out light? I NEED to sleep!

Ah, the two most crucial questions! Alright, let'sStay Scouter

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Colonial Motor Inn Bairnsdale Golden Chain Property Gippsland Region Australia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog