Escape to Book Nook Inn: Lumberton's Cozy Literary Getaway!

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Escape to Book Nook Inn: Lumberton's Cozy Literary Getaway!

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from "Escape to Book Nook Inn: Lumberton's Cozy Literary Getaway!" and lemme tell ya… it's a TRIP. Forget your perfectly curated Instagram feeds, because this review is gonna be… messy. And honest. And probably a little obsessed with the sauna.

First of all, the name? Genius. It sets the tone. You're supposed to escape. And from what? Well, life, probably. Lumberton itself? Maybe. Let's just say it's quaint, in that small-town-America kind of way. The Inn, though? A different story.

The Arrival & First Impressions (and a slight accessibility wobble)

Getting there was smooth – I mean, the airport transfer was on point (seriously, big ups to the taxi service!). But here's where things start to get real. Accessibility. Ugh. It's a mixed bag. There's an elevator, which is fantastic! Huge win! And the front desk folks were lovely and super helpful. However, I did notice some slight limitations navigating the common areas if you're reliant on a wheelchair. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, but it's worth calling ahead and really pressing for details. (Pro-tip: don’t be shy! Ask! It's your vacation!). They do have a private check-in/out, which is a nice touch, but it's not going to make up for potential accessibility issues.

But then… BAM! You're inside. And it smells like… books. And old wood. And maybe a tiny bit of freshly-baked…something. Heaven!

Rooms: Cozy Comfort (and the All-Important Wi-Fi)

My room? Let's just say it was perfect, but a little rough around the edges. They're trying to be fancy, with the bathrobes and slippers and all that jazz, but you could tell they've been around the block a few times. Which, honestly, I kinda loved. It gave it character. I loved the Blackout curtains, perfect for any sleep-in.

The most important thing: Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! And it actually worked! Brilliant! I mean, I’m not going to lie. I spent a chunk of time on the laptop with some coffee, so that was crucial, I would have died! Plus, they have Internet access – LAN. I honestly didn't even realize there was still LAN in hotels, but it was a nice touch, and made me feel all nostalgic.

Okay, so the extra long bed? YES. Absolute bliss. And the reading light? Genius. They get it. Speaking of which: the room décor was… well, let's just say it leaned heavily into the "bookish" theme. Think framed quotes, well-worn leather-bound editions, and strategically placed antique lamps. It's a bit much, but I kinda dug it, in a slightly-over-the-top-wannabe-intellectual way. And the soundproofing? Mostly worked. I did hear a particularly enthusiastic conversation next door involving someone named "Bertha" at 3 AM, but hey, it's life, right?

(Side note: Daily housekeeping. Excellent. Kept the place spotless, even with my book-induced clutter).

The Sauna: My Spiritual Awakening (and all things relaxing!)

Okay, people, let's talk about the sauna. I'm not usually a sauna person. I’m more of a "Netflix and chill" kind of gal. But…oh. My. God. The sauna.

It's not just a sauna; it's THE sauna. I mean, let's not forget the Spa/sauna. This is like, a spa disguised as a sauna. It felt like I was slowly melting into pure relaxation. I spent a solid… well, I lost track of time, which is the point! The Pool with view was also divine. I wasn't big on the Body scrub or Body wrap, but the Spa itself was a dream.

The Gym/fitness? Didn't even look at them. I was too busy in the sauna to even think about the fitness center but I guess they were included.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie's Field Trip (and some mild frustrations)

The restaurants are a mixed bag. They are trying – bless their hearts. The International cuisine in restaurant was ambitious, to say the least, and I didn't ever experience the Asian cuisine in restaurant. They have Restaurants, I can say for sure. The Coffee/tea in restaurant and Coffee shop were a total win.

The Breakfast [buffet] was… adequate. Perfectly cooked, but it all looked a little cold sitting there. The Breakfast [buffet] and Buffet in restaurant definitely need improvement. Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver for the late-night snack cravings. Snack bar was great for a quick bite, and the Bar was a decent place to unwind. Poolside bar was also fantastic. The Happy hour was a nice touch.

They try to cater to everyone, with a Vegetarian restaurant and Alternative meal arrangement, but don't go expecting Michelin-star quality. I mean, there's a Bottle of water in your room – a nice touch.

One quick moan: the kitchen and tableware items were pristine, but the food was a tad disappointing.

Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Safe as Houses (and a little neurotic, admittedly)

In the pandemic (and let’s face it, we are still in it, right?), safety is paramount. The Anti-viral cleaning products and Professional-grade sanitizing services put my mind at ease. They really went all out, with Hand sanitizer everywhere, Staff trained in safety protocol and Rooms sanitized between stays. The Cashless payment service was convenient and Safe dining setup made me feel a bit relaxed, but I was still suspicious, so I just never took off my mask. They have First aid kit, a Doctor/nurse on call, and a CCTV in common areas which were all great.

Okay, maybe I'm being a bit paranoid, but hey, it's better to be safe than sorry!

Services & Conveniences: The Little Things that Matter

They had pretty much everything. Concierge? Super helpful. Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Luggage storage – all there. They even have an on-site event hosting, if that's your thing. I just wanted to read my books in the sauna!

For the Kids: Family-Friendly (but check the details)

They say they're Family/child friendly, and they have Kids facilities and a Babysitting service. But again, I didn't have kids with me, so I couldn't really tell you. But, from what I saw, they seem to make an effort.

Accessibility to the "Things to do"

I spent most of my time in the Inn and didn't really check out the surroundings. I would definitely ask the concierge about accessibility in the local area to make sure you are good to go.

The Final Verdict (and a shameless sales pitch)

So, would I recommend "Escape to Book Nook Inn: Lumberton's Cozy Literary Getaway!"? Absolutely.

It's not perfect. It has its quirks. It’s slightly ambitious, slightly disorganized, and slightly, well… slightly. But that's what makes it charming. You get the sense that the staff genuinely care, and they're trying. And the sauna, oh god, the sauna!

My final opinion? It's a solid 4 out of 5 stars. It's a safe bet for a fantastic, relaxing, cozy, and bookish stay.

Here’s my offer (because, you know, I gotta):

Book your escape NOW and get the ultimate "Bookworm's Bliss" package:

  • 10% off your stay
  • Free upgrade to a room with a BALCONY (because sunshine AND reading! Genius!)
  • A complimentary in-room breakfast (because, hello, lazy mornings!)
  • A gift card to the hotel bookstore (because, well, you’re there to read, aren’t you?)
  • A complimentary bottle of the finest wine to enjoy after your spa day.
  • And, because I’m feeling extra generous, FREE access to the sauna for your entire stay!

Why wait? Book your escape today and experience the cozy literary getaway you deserve! Don’t forget the sauna!

[CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW!](insert fake link)

(P.S. Tell them the crazy lady with the book obsession sent you. They'll know who I am.)

Escape to Paradise: Luxury Awaits at Hotel Santiago Plaza, Hermosillo!

Book Now

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary. This is a BOOK NOOK INN itinerary, Lumberton, Texas style. And let me tell you, after the week I've had? We need this. We deserve this. Think messy bun, oversized t-shirt, and a double shot of existential dread… then add sunshine and overpriced coffee. Ready? LET'S GO.

Day 1: Arrival and the Sweet Smell of… Well, Hopefully Not Sulfur

  • 1:00 PM: Touchdown (allegedly) at Jack Brooks Regional Airport. Pray to the travel gods for a smooth landing. My last flight was… let's just say I'm still convinced the pilot was secretly practicing his stand-up routine during turbulence.
  • 1:30 PM: Rental car pick-up. Pray even harder that I don't end up in a minivan. I'm a woman of a certain age. Minivans are a sign. A sign that you're officially… adulting. (Shudders)
  • 2:30 PM: Drive to the Book Nook Inn. Google Maps tells me it's "less than an hour." Google Maps has lied to me before. I'm mentally preparing for a detour that involves a herd of escaped alpacas. (It's happened.)
  • 3:30 PM (hopefully): Check-in. Deep breaths. Smile. Fake it till you make it. The website promised “charming” and “quaint.” Fingers crossed it doesn't translate to “dust mites” and “questionable plumbing.” I’m a sucker for a good antique desk, though. And a complimentary biscuit. (Priorities, people!)
  • 4:00 PM: Unload baggage. Settle in. Okay, first impressions. Is the air conditioning actually working? (My inner critic is a real drama queen). Also, where's the coffee maker? This is crucial.
  • 4:30 PM: Mandatory Inn Exploration. Scope out the scene. I'm particularly keen on the "Book Nook" part. I'm hoping for cozy corners, overflowing bookshelves, and the kind of quiet that lets you actually think. (Or, you know, finally finish that novel I started three years ago…)
  • 5:30 PM: Stroll through the town. Now, Lumberton, from what I've gathered, is… Lumberton. I'm honestly hoping it lives up to its name and has some actual lumberjacks. (Just saying). I need to find somewhere to pick up snacks, preferably something involving chocolate, because, well, this is vacation.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at a local restaurant, which I've already forgotten the name of. Because I'm indecisive, and Yelp is my frenemy. (I spend half my time reading reviews and the other half wondering if they're all written by bots). Tonight’s mission? Find the most authentic Texas experience possible. BBQ's a must. And maybe some live music. (Fingers crossed it's not polka.)
  • 9:00 PM: Back to the Inn. Curl up with a book (fingers crossed they have books) or watch some mindless TV. Early night. I need to rest. Especially… because… I'm here alone. This is a solo trip.

Day 2: The Lumberton LumberJack-Off (Probably Not. Probably Shopping.)

  • 8:00 AM: Wake up. Assess self. Am I still alive? Did I sleep through the night? Success on the first try. Coffee, coffee, coffee! Need coffee.
  • 9:00 AM: Explore a local coffee shop (or at least, attempt to find one.) My expectations are low. The place might specialize in sweet tea, which… is still better than nothing, I suppose.
  • 10:00 AM: Visit the nearest antique shop, or "treasure trove of forgotten things" or whatever the local equivalent is. I’m on the hunt for a vintage postcard, or maybe just a really cool, rusted metal thingy. The less practical the better. My apartment is already a chaotic museum of useless but charming objects.
  • 11:00 AM: Drive to the nearest lake or natural area. I need some nature. A break from technology, people, and… me. Maybe I'll take a hike. Or maybe I'll sit under a tree and dramatically stare at the sky. Both options are equally appealing.
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch at a place that serves actual food, hopefully. Somewhere not chain, ideally with character. Maybe another BBQ joint? A girl can never have too much brisket, right?
  • 2:00 PM: Second attempt to explore somewhere local. There looks a park. Maybe. I'll get lost. I'll find something. I'll take some photos. I'm an amateur photographer with a serious case of Instagram envy.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the Inn. Relax. Read my book. Maybe take a nap. Or…maybe I'll start to wonder what my life is all about. (Let's try to avoid that existential rabbit hole if we can, shall we?)
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Another adventure. Where will I go? The choices seems limited. I'll just ask someone. (Or look it up on Yelp).
  • 7:30 PM: Find some local music. Or not! Just a quiet evening. Maybe I'll just sit here and drink some wine. (Yes, I packed wine.)

Day 3: The Book Nook Inn and Departure

  • 8:00 AM: Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. Is there enough coffee in Lumberton to support my habit? I'm beginning to have doubts.
  • 9:00 AM: Take the "Book Nook" part of the Inn very seriously. Bury myself in a book, curled up in a window seat, and pretend the world doesn't exist. Ahhh, bliss.
  • 10:00 AM: Pack up my luggage and slowly head out. Reflect on whether I've accomplished anything. I'm not sure. But maybe I made a start.
  • 11:00 AM: Check out of the Inn. Say a fond farewell to antique desk, and the complimentary biscuits.
  • 12:00 PM: One Last Meal. Can I find something I really like? Sure! I think so.
  • 1:00 PM: Head to the airport. Sigh. The end. (Until my next misadventure, that is…)

Important Considerations:

  • Expect the Unexpected: Things will go wrong. Flights will be delayed. Restaurants will be closed. Embrace the chaos. Laugh at yourself. It's all part of the fun (or at least, that's what I keep telling myself).
  • My Emotional Well-being: I am a highly sensitive individual. I may cry. I may laugh hysterically. I may stare blankly into space for extended periods. Please, just leave me be.
  • The Inn Proprietor: Remember, be kind to them. They are trying. They are trying!
  • The Weather: I have no control over the weather. It's probably going to be hot. Bring sunscreen. Drink water. Don't judge me if I end up hiding in the air conditioning all day.
  • Most Important Thing Of All: Enjoy yourself. (Seriously. You deserve it.)
Croatia's Most Luxurious 2-Bedroom Suite Awaits: Legatus Apartment!

Book Now

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Escape to Book Nook Inn: You've Got Questions, We've (Maybe) Got Answers! (Mostly...)

So, what *is* this Book Nook Inn situation anyway? Sounds a bit...much.

Okay, so picture this: Lumberton, North Carolina. Think small town, maybe a touch sleepy. Now, imagine a place where books aren't just *around*, they're practically *breathing* on you! That's the Book Nook Inn. It's marketed as a "cozy literary getaway," and honestly? It's mostly that. But look, the reality is a bit more...colorful. It's a converted Victorian house, crammed with books. *Everywhere*. Like, shelves overflowing, books stacked on tables, a book shoved under the toilet seat (don't ask). I’m not kidding--my first impression was "Dear God, is this heaven, or is this a bio-hazard waiting to happen?" Honestly? I *wanted* to hate it. My friend, Sarah, insisted, "It’s charming, you book-hating Philistine!" (I'm more of a "read a Kindle on the beach" kind of person). But then... I sat on that porch swing, sipping lukewarm coffee (the coffee machine *is* a little temperamental, more on that later…), with a dog-eared copy of "Pride and Prejudice" in my lap (I *swear* it was already dog-eared!), and the sun setting… well, I started to get it. But still, "heaven" might be overselling it a bit.

Is it *actually* cozy? Like, real-cozy, or just Instagram-cozy?

Oof. Okay, this one... it's a spectrum. The *idea* is cozy. Fireplace crackling (when it’s behaving – sometimes it just smokes you out!), comfy armchairs, soft lighting… they *try*. The reality? Well, the wallpaper *might* be a little faded in places. There’s a distinct, almost… *musty* smell, a combination of old paper and… well, I'm not sure what else. Maybe cat? The resident cat, Mr. Darcy (of course), is a complete legend. He roams freely and seems to spend most of his time judging your choices. He gets away with *everything*. The "cozy" factor is definitely amplified by the other guests. I went to get coffee one morning and bumped into a woman in a full, vintage librarian outfit! It was quite the experience. Cozy, yes! But *perfect* cozy, not so much. Embracing the imperfections is part of the charm.

Okay, so the books... is there, like, a selection? Or is it just a giant jumble?

"Selection" is... ambitious. It's a *vast* jumble. But a *beautiful* jumble, mind you! You'll find everything from well-loved classics to some, shall we say, *questionable* romance novels I would never admit to considering. The good news is there's an eclectic mix. The bad news? Good luck finding anything specific. I spent a solid two hours searching for a biography of Frida Kahlo during a rainstorm, finally gave up and started reading a book about, I kid you not, Competitive Cheese Carving. That's the Book Nook Inn in a nutshell.

What are the rooms like? Are they also book-filled? Is there a bathroom? (Important question!)

Yes, they are book-filled. Yes, there's a bathroom. Relax. Although, my advice? Pack your own air freshener. The rooms are... quirky. Each one is themed after a different literary character or book. We got "The Jane Austen Suite." Big, four-poster bed (dusty, naturally), and *shelves* of Austen-related books. It was, frankly, a little overwhelming. I'm not going to lie; the bathroom was small. And the water pressure? Let's just say I've seen better in a leaky garden hose. The towels, though, were surprisingly fluffy. And the view? Overlooking the (slightly untidy) rose garden.

The food? Is it anything to write home about? (Pun intended, obviously).

The food... okay, the in-house chef, bless her heart, is a work in progress. Breakfast is included, and it's… variable. Sometimes a lovely spread of scones and fresh fruit. Other times, it’s… a collection of what looked like reheated leftovers. (I'm still trying to figure out what *that* casserole was). The coffee situation, as mentioned, is hit-or-miss, depending on the mood of the ancient coffee machine. Lunches and dinners are not provided, but they offer recommendations for local restaurants. The local diner, *The Cozy Corner*, is the best bet.

Any chance of internet? I mean, I *am* a modern human...

Yes. Sort of. The Wi-Fi is available, and it works... *most* of the time. Don't expect blazing speeds. Don't plan on streaming. Consider it an enforced digital detox. Which, honestly? Might be the best part of the whole experience. I finally put my phone down and read a real book, for the first time in ages. My brain actually felt… better. But hey, if you NEED to upload your pics, prepare to fight the Wi-Fi. And maybe invest in a good book, you will need it.

What's the *best* thing about staying at the Book Nook Inn?

Okay. This is where things get... mushy. I'm a cynic, remember? But... the best thing? The *people*. Not just the other guests (though they were a colorful bunch), but the owner, Mrs. Hawthorne. She’s this amazing woman who runs the inn. This incredibly kind, slightly eccentric woman who clearly adores books and Lumberton and life in general. She knew everyone in the town, had stories for days, and actually made me feel *welcomed*. She's the heart and soul of the place. We shared tea one afternoon and just *talked*. She let me vent about my job, my life, everything. It was... nice. Really, really nice. It felt like being at your eccentric grandmother's house, in the best possible way. (Just, you know, with more books and fewer Werther’s Originals).

And... the *worst* thing? Be honest.

Okay, here's the real tea. The *absolute* worst thing? The noise. My room was right next to the staircase, and the floorboards are *ancient*. Every. Single. Step. creaked. At all hours. Late-night bookworms, early risers... it was a symphony of creaks! I barely slept the entire time. And the *creaks* in the morning? Forget about it!
Globe Stay Finder

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Book Nook Inn Lumberton (TX) United States

Comments

Popular posts from this blog