Dallas' HOTTEST Hotel? Aloft Arlington Entertainment District - You HAVE to See This!

Dallas' HOTTEST Hotel? Aloft Arlington Entertainment District - You HAVE to See This!
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the swirling vortex of cool that is the Aloft Arlington Entertainment District. Forget your boring hotel reviews; this is the truth. This is the real deal. This is… well, it's gonna be a little chaotic, so bear with me.
SEO-tastic Title (and we mean it!): Aloft Arlington Entertainment District: Forget Boring Hotels! Your Ultimate Dallas Escape (Review + Why You NEED to Book Now!)
Right, let's get down to it. This place? HOTT. Capital H, capital O, capital T, capital T. Located smack-dab in the middle of the action – hello, AT&T Stadium, Globe Life Field, and Six Flags! – the Aloft Arlington Entertainment District is designed for fun. Forget fluffy bathrobes and stuffy lobbies. This is where modern meets…well, let's just say vibes.
First Impressions: Shiny Happy People (and a tiny bit of chaos)
Pulling up, the exterior is all sleek lines and vibrant colors. There’s a kind of energy buzzing, even before you actually get inside. Parking? Okay, confession time: I'm not a car person. So, I skipped the free car park and valet parking (which, FYI, is definitely an option). Getting in (the elevators are there folks!) was pretty painless.
Accessibility: A Crucial Checkpoint
Now, let's talk about accessibility. This is critical for my crew, and the Aloft Arlington does a solid job.
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yep, ramps, elevators, the whole shebang. They've clearly thought about this. This is good news, right here.
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: Absolutely. The room I peaked into, (it wasn’t for me, of course. I was just checking… you know, for a friend!), was spacious and well-equipped. Now, I didn't stay in the disabled guest room, it's an honest fact, but the impression that this hotel cares about making itself accessible felt good.
Rooms: The Comfort Factor (and a Slight Sleepy Incident)
Okay, the rooms. They are cool. The aesthetic? Think modern, clean lines, and a pop of color. They've got "modern" down.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms: Amen, sister and brother. (I'm looking at you, pesky hotel Wi-Fi charges.) The free Wi-Fi was FAST. And, yes:
- Wi-Fi [free] (This is probably the most important thing!)
- Internet access – wireless
- Internet access – LAN
- Internet (You get the picture.)
Bedtime confession: I may have fallen asleep on the extra-long bed with the blackout curtains and woke up feeling incredibly well rested. Let me tell you, that was a problem. Because waking up I then had to work and not just luxuriate in that amazing blackout.
- Air conditioning: Needed!
- Desk: Essential for pretending to be productive (don't judge).
- Hair dryer: Check.
- Ironing facilities: Check. (Though, let's be real, I'm more of a "wrinkle release spray" kinda gal.)
- Mini bar: Tempting, but I resisted. (Mostly.)
- In-room safe box: Always a good thing.
- Extra stuff:
- Alarm clock
- Bathrobes
- Bathtub
- Bathroom phone
- Carpeting
- Closet
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary tea
- Extra long bed
- Linens
- Mirror
- Non-smoking
- On-demand movies
- Private bathroom
- Reading light
- Refrigerator
- Satellite/cable channels
- Scale
- Seating area
- Separate shower/bathtub
- Shower
- Slippers
- Smoke detector
- Socket near the bed
- Sofa
- Soundproofing
- Telephone
- Toiletries
- Towels
- Umbrella
- Visual alarm
- Wake-up service
- Window that opens
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Fun
This is where the Aloft really shines. Seriously, the dining options? Top-notch.
- Restaurants: Plenty of them.
- Bar: Essential.
- Poolside bar: YES.
- Coffee shop: Caffeine is the lifeblood, people.
- Snack bar: Midnight cravings, anyone?
- Room service [24-hour]: Hallelujah! After a long day out in the city, or in the gym, this is your best friend.
I spent a good portion of my time at the bar – let's just say the "happy hour" was particularly happy. The cocktails were creative, the bartenders friendly, and the atmosphere was electric. I also really indulged in the breakfasts.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Yeah!
- Asian breakfast
- Asian cuisine in restaurant
- Breakfast takeaway service
- Buffet in restaurant
- Western breakfast
- Western cuisine in restaurant (not me)
- Coffee/tea in restaurant
- Desserts in restaurant
- International cuisine in restaurant
- A la carte in restaurant
- Bottle of water
- Salad in restaurant
- Soup in restaurant
- Catering / Food Delivery
- Vegetarian restaurant
- The "Essential Condiments" were there. (I got a lil' crazy on the ketchup)
- Alternative meal arrangement
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: (Very important!)
- Individually-wrapped food options (Also great)
Ways to Relax (or, How to Sweat Out the Fun)
Okay, even though I was pretty focused on the bar, this place does offer ways to… well, detox or chill. Ahem.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Beautiful Pool with View!
- Gym/fitness: It exists! And it looked, well, like a gym.
- Spa: The spa is, like, amazing, seriously. If I had known this was available I would have booked in. (Maybe next time!)
- Sauna / Steamroom:
- Massage: Yes, please!
- Body scrub:
- Body wrap:
- Foot bath:
- Pool with view
- Spa/sauna:
- Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe and Sound
This is huge, especially these days, yes? The Aloft gets it.
- Anti-viral cleaning products
- Cashless payment service (thank goodness!)
- Daily disinfection in common areas
- Hand sanitizer (everywhere!)
- Hygiene certification
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter
- Professional-grade sanitizing services
- Room sanitization opt-out available
- Rooms sanitized between stays
- Safe dining setup
- Staff trained in safety protocol
- Sterilizing equipment
I actually felt safe. And relaxed. Which is, you know, the goal.
For the Kids (and the Kid in You)
- Family/child friendly: Super friendly.
- Babysitting service
- Kids facilities
- Kids meal
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
They've thought of everything.
- Air conditioning in public area
- Audio-visual equipment for special events
- Business facilities
- Cash withdrawal
- Concierge
- Contactless check-in/out
- Convenience store
- Currency exchange
- Daily housekeeping
- Doorman
- Dry cleaning
- Elevator
- Facilities for disabled guests
- Food delivery
- Gift/souvenir shop
- Indoor venue for special events
- Invoice provided
- Ironing service
- Laundry service
- Luggage storage
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Meetings
- Meeting stationery
- On-site event hosting
- Outdoor venue for special events

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your sanitized travel brochure. This is your brutally honest, slightly manic, and probably sleep-deprived guide to surviving (maybe even enjoying) a trip to the Aloft Dallas Arlington Entertainment District.
Trip Title: Aloft & Awkward: DFW Edition (Also, My Bank Account Cries a Little)
The Cast: Me (Let's call me "The Wanderer"). My credit card. Maybe a stray pigeon or two will make an appearance.
Day 1: Arrival, Existential Dread, and a Whole Lotta Parking
1:00 PM - Dodgeball with a Suitcase (Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport): Okay, landing was fine, surprisingly. The baggage carousel? A chaotic ballet of lost luggage and existential dread (mine, naturally). Found my bag, which is a tiny victory. Now, the parking situation. This is where the real game begins. I swear, finding a parking spot at DFW is harder than finding a decent avocado in this part of the world. (Spoiler alert: still looking for both.)
1:45 PM - Aloft Check-In: Expectations vs. Reality. Finally, freedom! Check-in at the Aloft. It's… cool. Like, aggressively cool. Lots of exposed brick and people who probably wear all black. Hoping my hiking boots and questionable fashion choices won't be judged too harshly by the "vibe." Desk agent seemed nice, though. I mean, she pretended to care that I was tired.
3:00 PM - Room Reconnaissance & The Great Toilet Paper Conspiracy. The room is… fine. Cleanish. Bed looks promising. Bathroom? Standard hotel fare. Wait. ONE roll of toilet paper? Seriously? Is this some kind of test? A sign? I'm stocking up on TP during my stay. You never know.
4:00 PM - Lunch Disaster at a "Hip" Eatery. Okay, I needed food, STAT. Found a place nearby with "artisanal" burgers or some such nonsense. The burger was…fine. The fries were, let's just say, a disappointment. And the music? Was that a dentist's waiting room playlist? My stomach felt cheated, and my ears were bleeding from the upbeat, saccharine pop music.
5:00 PM - The Arlington Entertainment District: Oohs and Aahs (and a little bit of "Where am I?") Walking around the Entertainment District. Big. Bright. Shiny. Lots of… stuff. Six Flags is here, obviously. And the Rangers' stadium looms. It's a dizzying array of choices, and I'm already overwhelmed. (Note to self: pack more Pepto-Bismol.)
7:00 PM - Dinner and the Dreaded Lone Ranger Moment. Decided on a seemingly chill restaurant/bar. "Casual dining" they said. "Great atmosphere" they said. Ordered a beer and a quesadilla. Looked around. Damn. I was the only one eating alone. Awkwardness level: expert. The quesadilla, thankfully, saved the day, and the beer's buzz helped.
9:00 PM - A Nightcap Misadventure. Attempted to be "cool" and go to a rooftop bar. It was loud. And crowded. And expensive. One overpriced cocktail later, I retreated to the relative peace (and cheaper prices) of the Aloft bar. Stomach is full, head is spinning slightly. Time to sleep, I guess?
Day 2: Six Flags, Sunburns, and the Slow Death of My Sneakers
9:00 AM - Breakfast (and the Search for Coffee That Doesn't Taste Like Burnt Asphalt): Hotel breakfast. Free! (My bank account breathes a sigh of relief). The coffee… well, it's free, too. And tastes like it. I'm beginning to understand the appeal of gas station java.
10:00 AM - Six Flags Over Texas: The Rollercoaster of Emotions (and Actual Rollercoasters). Okay, so I knew this was coming. Made a mad dash to the theme park. The lines? Longer than my to-do list. The heat? Brutal. The rides? Terrifying (in the best way). The Goliath was…well…goliath. Screamed till I lost my voice and got slightly nauseous. Worth it. (Maybe). This is why I came.
2:00 PM - Lunch at Six Flags (More Expensive Than I Thought): A greasy burger and fries. Standard fare for a theme park. Cost a fortune. My wallet is seriously protesting at this point.
3:30 PM - The Sunburn Incident. I, a seasoned traveller, forgot sunscreen. I'm now a lobster. The pain is real. (And the impending peeling is a nightmare.)
5:00 PM - Poolside (or, Me vs. The Sun Lounger): Decided to crash at the hotel pool for a bit. Found a lounge chair after some epic searching. It was nice… until I realized that I needed another layer of sunscreen and had gotten a bit more burnt.
6:30 PM - Trying to Appear Cultured: A Very Brief Visit to the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame After a shower, I decided to be cultured for five minutes. The museum was interesting, but…okay, let's be honest. I'm still recovering from Six Flags, and I kinda felt like I was the fish-out-of-water. Cowgirls are serious people.
8:00 PM - Dinner: The Quest for Un-Burnt Food: Found a BBQ joint! Everything was delicious. And the beer was cold. Texas, you did good by me.
9:30 PM - The Great Sneaker Massacre (or, My Feet are Killing Me): Walked miles today. My sneakers are now officially trash, and my feet are screaming for mercy. Time for a Netflix binge and early bed.
Day 3: Departure, Reflections (and the Crushing Reality of the Real World)
9:00 AM - Farewell Breakfast (and the Last Gasp of Free Coffee): Another sad cup of coffee. Last chance to enjoy the hotel breakfast (before they kick me out). Reflecting on the trip: rollercoasters, sunburn, and questionable food choices; a journey through the realm of entertainment.
10:00 AM - The Great Packing Debacle: Packing is a skill I haven't mastered. My suitcase looks like a bomb went off inside. (And smells slightly of sunscreen.)
11:00 AM - Check-Out & The Final Parking Battle: Smooth check-out. Now, the parking. Again. This time, it's even harder, as I have to find the car. I found the car. The car has a flat tire. Nope, I am not going to get to the airport with a flat tire. I am going to have to call a tow.
12:00 PM - The Airport & The Dreaded Security Line: Security wasn't as bad as I anticipated. And off to boarding.
1:00 PM - Homeward Bound (and the Promise of Laundry): Finally, on the plane. Exhausted, sunburnt, slightly broke, but… strangely happy. DFW, you weird, wonderful place. I'll be back. (Maybe. If my bank account recovers.)

Is Aloft Arlington REALLY all that? The HOTTEST hotel? Seriously?
Okay, deep breaths. "Hottest?" That's a strong claim. It's got a *vibe*, I'll give it that. Think sleek, modern, maybe a *little* too self-aware. They *try* hard, bless their little hearts. When I went, it was... well, let's just say my expectations were sky-high, fueled by Instagram and probably a little too much caffeine.
Honestly, it's not like it’s the Ritz. But it's definitely a step up from that roadside motel I accidentally booked last year during a Cowboys game (let's just say I learned the hard way about game-day hotel prices – and the importance of not booking after 3 margaritas). So, 'hottest'? Debatable. 'Solidly enjoyable and conveniently located for pre-game shenanigans'? Absolutely.
What's the deal with the pool? Insta-worthy or just another chlorine bath?
Alright, the pool. This is where things get *interesting*. The pictures? Gorgeous. The reality? Okay, maybe a *little* less glamorous. I went on a Saturday. BIG mistake. It was packed. I’m talking, like, sardine-in-a-can packed. I saw a kid, maybe 6, trying to claim a floating donut as his territory like it was the last bag of chips on Earth. Bless him. I got splashed, a lot. And the music… well, let's just say it was more 'EDM-adjacent' than 'chill poolside vibes'.
But! The pool itself is pretty cool-looking. And if you can snag a spot, and if it's a weekday... yeah, it's definitely Insta-worthy. Just bring your own towel, your own flotation device (seriously, the donut kid was ruthless), and maybe some noise-canceling headphones. Reality check: it's not a spa, it's a party zone.
Is the Aloft Arlington good for a pre-game stay before a Cowboys game or other events at the stadium?
YES. A thousand times, YES. This is where Aloft shines. Being right there in the Entertainment District is GOLD. You stumble (ahem, *walk*) out of the hotel, and you're practically breathing the same air as Jerry World. Forget agonizing Uber rides in insane traffic. You’re there already!
I stayed there before a Rangers game and was in heaven. Pre-game drinks at a bar? Check. Easy access to the stadium? Check. The frantic, pre-game stress levels were drastically reduced. Plus you and your crew can have a blast in town before the game. Seriously, it's worth the price of admission (and the potential for slightly higher prices during events) for the convenience alone. I spent less time in traffic than I did trying to decide if I *really* needed another souvenir pennant.
The Rooms: Are they as cool as they look in the pictures? And really, how comfortable are they?
Okay, the rooms. Let's address the elephant in the room (pun intended). The pictures are *slick.* Minimalist, stylish, all clean lines and pops of color. My first reaction when I walked in? "Huh. Smaller than the pictures led me to believe." But hey, it's a hotel, not a palace.
The bed? Surprisingly comfy. I slept like a log. The shower? Good water pressure, always a win. The view? Depends on your room. Mine overlooked… well, another building. But hey, at least it wasn't a dumpster. I found the space functional if not overly spacious. They’re definitely geared towards people who are *doing* things, not necessarily lounging around all day. You spend most your time there anyway before you take off! And yeah, the design is cool, even if it feels a little… designed. I'm a sucker for those USB charging ports, though. Never enough of them.
Food and Drink. Is the bar any good? And are there any decent food options?
The bar... Okay, the bar is a *scene*. It's loud, it's busy, and it's probably where you'll end up if you're staying there. The cocktails are decent, nothing mind-blowing, but they do the job. The staff seems a little overworked, so be patient – they're doing their best.
Food? They have some, like, pre-packaged grab-and-go stuff. It's fine for a quick snack or a late-night craving. But the real magic is outside. You’re in the Entertainment District, people! Go explore! There are *tons* of options within walking distance (though, let's be honest, after a game, you might not feel like walking). My advice? Do some pre-planning and know where you wanna go. No more hotel burgers.
Once I forgot to plan. I ended up eating at a place that looked AMAZING online, but was closed. That was the ONLY time I ever ate at the hotel bar. That was a terrible mistake, don't do that.
Let’s talk parking. Is it as nightmarish as the rest of the Entertainment District?
Okay, parking. This is where the "convenience" factor gets a little… *challenging*. Yes, the hotel *has* parking. Yes, it costs money. And yes, it can get full, especially during events. Do yourself a favor: factor parking costs into your budget.
My advice? Consider ride-sharing if you're planning on drinking *anything*. Otherwise, get there early. Like, *really* early. Or be prepared to circle the block a few times. I once saw a grown man start crying because he couldn't find a parking spot. True story. I'm not kidding. It was a sad, sad sight. Don't be that guy. Plan ahead, people! It is one of the only real downsides I can think of.
Any dealbreakers? Is it really worth the hype and the price tag?
Dealbreakers? Well, if you're expecting the Four Seasons, you'll be disappointed. It's not THAT kind of hotel. If you're on a super-strict budget, the price *can* be a little steep. The noise level can be a factor, especially if you get a room facing the street late at night. And parking, as we've discussed, is a potential nightmare.
But… is it worth it? For the location alone, for the convenience of being in the thick of things before a game or a concert? Probably, yeah! I'd go back. I’d probably go backCoastal Inns


Comments
Post a Comment