Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse: Netflix, WiFi & Unbelievable Views!

Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse: Netflix, WiFi & Unbelievable Views!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse: Netflix, WiFi & Unbelievable Views! – and trust me, I've got OPINIONS. This isn't your polished travel blog; this is me, spilling the (organic, locally sourced) tea.
First Impressions: The Arrival, and the Immediate Exasperation (in a good way!)
Okay, so, "Oceanfront Penthouse" – sounds fancy, right? And it is. But the arrival? Well, let's just say it’s a bit…adventurous. Catanduanes is, let's be honest, not exactly next door to where we are, which is okay, but getting there feels like a minor expedition. The airport transfer, bless their hearts, wasn’t exactly a luxury limo experience. Think more…charming local van, rattling along scenic roads. I actually loved it! Pure authenticity.
But hey, they have car park [on-site] which is totally amazing, considering how many other places just seem to laugh in your face when you ask that question, and, there is car park [free of charge], what a surprise!
The exterior corridor wasn't something I was used to, but it was great, being able to just go straight out the door, and the fact that there's security [24-hour] really helps with the safety-anxiety.
But the view… OH. MY. GOD. Seriously. Unbelievable views. The kind that make you want to scream "I'M ALIVE!" And the Netflix? That's where this place really shines. After that long trip, collapsing on a sofa, with the ocean stretching out and just banging on all the senses, and a good movie on? That's pure bliss. The fact that there were non-smoking rooms was awesome since I don’t smoke.
Rooms: Digging into the Details (and Falling in Love with the Little Things)
Alright, let's get down to the nitty-gritty of the room itself. The air conditioning was a lifesaver – humidity is no joke in the Philippines. Blackout curtains? Essential for catching some much-needed zzz’s after those sunrise views. The complimentary tea was a nice touch, and the free bottled water was a godsend.
The fact they have additional toilet is great.
I swear, the high floor meant it felt like I was floating above the world. And the Internet access – wireless? Thank GOD. Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms! I mean, it is called WiFi & Unbelievable Views, so, well, the emphasis on WiFi is pretty important. I'm not sure how good the Internet access – LAN is to be honest.
There were minor imperfections though. I'm used to my own routines, so the first day or two, the daily housekeeping felt a little bit more intrusive than usual. But, you know, I just adjusted. It also took me a minute to figure out the soundproofing, and maybe there wasn’t much to work with, but I found the soundproof rooms to be of high quality. Everything else, like the elevator was fine and was expected, since it's Catanduanes, and I wasn't expecting the greatest infrastructure on earth, so this was a surprise.
Amenities & Things to Do: Relaxing and Recharging (Or Not!)
Okay, so this isn't a giant resort with a million activities. Which, honestly, is a good thing. It forces you to chill the flip out.
- Relaxation Central: You can always get a massage, and there is a spa and spa/sauna which are great. I love these features and try to use them. The sauna is great, but honestly, I’m not a pool person but there’s a swimming pool and a swimming pool [outdoor], but those aren’t my thing.
- Dining & Drinking: The penthouse offers a bar, and restaurants, including Asian cuisine in restaurant and international cuisine in restaurant. Breakfast is, breakfast [buffet] is great, and the Asian breakfast is very good. I love a good coffee shop and there’s a variety there, and I didn’t try the vegetarian restaurant because I’m not vege.
- Things to do: I love that there is proposal spot, there is a shrine, and terrace, which are great for a short walk.
Cleanliness and Safety: Taking it Seriously (and Breathing a Sigh of Relief)
Alright, in the world we live in, this is HUGE. The daily disinfection in common areas, the anti-viral cleaning products, the room sanitization opt-out available… all of it made me feel incredibly safe. They have the same staff trained in safety protocol you expect, but they appear to actually follow it.
I loved the fact that they have hand sanitizer available EVERYWHERE.
Food, Glorious Food! A Foodie’s Take (and Maybe a Few Hangry Rants)
Breakfast was a buffet – a solid start to the day. They breakfast [buffet] had breakfast service, but seriously, I did a lot of eating, and I felt like I was constantly full.
- In-Room Goodies: Breakfast in room? YES, PLEASE! Room service [24-hour] is perfect for those late-night Netflix cravings and that bottle of water and the coffee/tea maker are pretty perfect.
- Dining Options: The restaurants offered a good mix of local and international dishes. The Happy hour was a definite highlight. The poolside bar was a perfect place, snack bar for a quick bite.
- Not So Much: I don't think they had a vegan restaurant.
Services & Conveniences: Making Life Easy (And Maybe a Little Bit Luxorious)
The concierge service was incredibly helpful. Daily housekeeping was impeccable. The luggage storage was a lifesaver during those travel days. Elevator, and the Facilities for disabled guests were also fantastic, and there is a doorman.
The cash withdrawal and currency exchange were also very helpful. Laundry service and dry cleaning were nice touches.
For the Kids: Bringing the Little Ones (or Not!)
I did not bring kids. But, the fact that they have Family/child friendly and Kids facilities is pretty great, and they also have babysitting service.
Getting Around: Exploring the Island (or Not!)
- Airport transfer – I already mentioned this. It's "local" in the best way.
- Parking: Car park [free of charge]? YES! You can also rent a car.
- Other Options: Taxi service, bicycle parking
The Verdict: Should YOU Book This Place?
Yes. If you're looking for a luxurious escape, with stunning views, and a chance to truly disconnect (or binge-watch your favorite shows), then BOOK IT.
It's not for everyone. If you're a high-maintenance traveler who needs constant pampering and Michelin-starred restaurants on every corner, maybe it isn't for you. But if you're up for a bit of adventure, a lot of relaxation, and some of the most unbelievable views you've ever seen, then the Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse is calling your name.
SEO-Friendly Keywords (Because, Well, I have to…):
- Catanduanes Penthouse
- Oceanfront Hotel Catanduanes
- Netflix Hotel Philippines
- Free WiFi Catanduanes
- Catanduanes Luxury Hotel
- Catanduanes Beachfront
- Where to stay in Catanduanes
- Catanduanes travel review
- Catanduanes accommodation
- Philippines beach vacation
My Recommendation (The Emotional Plea):
Book it. Seriously. Just do it. You deserve this. Treat yourself. You won’t regret it. And tell them I sent you (they won't know who I am, but it'll make me feel important).
My offer for Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse : Netflix, WiFi & Unbelievable Views! Don't just dream about paradise; live it. Book your stay at Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse and experience the ultimate escape. Enjoy panoramic ocean views, luxurious amenities, and FREE high-speed Wi-Fi to stay connected while you disconnect from the everyday. Watch your favorite shows on Netflix, unwind on your private terrace, and savor delicious meals at our on-site restaurants. Plus, we're committed to your safety with enhanced cleaning protocols and dedicated staff trained to provide a worry-free experience.
**Book now and receive a complimentary bottle of local wine and a free upgrade (subject to availability)! Use promo code "OCEANVIEW" at checkout to unlock this exclusive offer. Limited availability, so don't delay!
Shenyang North Station's BEST Hotel? Unbeatable GreenTree Inn Deal!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this itinerary isn't some polished travel brochure bullshit. This is me – messy, opinionated, and fueled by lukewarm coffee – planning a trip to Catanduanes. Specifically, a penthouse with an ocean view, kitchen, Wi-Fi (bless), and Netflix (essential for post-beach slump), because honey, I deserve it.
CATANDUANES CHAOS ITINERARY: PENTHOUSE EDITION (Pray for Me)
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (But with a View!)
Morning (7:00 AM - Because I'm a terrible morning person): Wake up, stare at the ceiling. Question every life choice that led me here. Finally drag myself out of bed. Pack. Repack. Panic. Did I remember my malaria tablets? My passport? My dignity? (Probably not the last one.)
Mid-morning (9:00 AM): Arrive at the airport. Manila is a sensory overload. Breathe. Deeply. Survive the flight. The turbulence made me clutch the armrest and mutter prayers to the porcelain god.
Afternoon (1:00 PM): Finally, FINALLY, at the penthouse! And… holy crap. The view. The ocean. It's actually real. The photos didn't lie! (For once.) The apartment is decent (kitchen, wifi, netflix).
Afternoon (2:00 PM): A quick look around
- The kitchen: Looks clean! Maybe I can finally attempt to cook something other than instant noodles. Maybe.
- The Netflix setup: Immediately assess the remote and its battery life. All good.
- The balcony: Oh God, the view. It's going to be hard to turn down this apartment.
- Wifi: Let's hope the Wifi is better than my last trip!
Afternoon (3:00 PM): Unpack. Fail to find a matching pair of socks. Decide I'm above such trifles. Change. Change again. Debate whether to put on shoes. Decide against it. Comfort above all else.
Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Grab lunch at the nearby Cacao Beach Resort. I'm thinking fresh seafood!
- My first bite of grilled fish: Utter bliss. The ocean breeze, the taste of the sea… Almost brought a tear to my eye. Almost.
- The waiter: Nice, polite, and efficient.
- The price: Reasonable. Catanduanes is starting to win me over already.
Evening (6:00 PM): Sunset drinks on the balcony. Swear I can feel my stress melting away. The cocktails are way too strong. Accidentally Facetime my ex. Regret all decisions. Delete Facetime history.
Evening (8:00 PM): Netflix and chill. Watch something mindless. Question the meaning of life while simultaneously crushing on the hot lead actor. Eat all the snacks. Pass out.
Day 2: Beach Bliss and the Mystery of the Missing Bikini
Morning (8:00 AM): Wake up. Headache. Blame the cocktails. Also, where the hell is my favorite bikini? Search the apartment. Twice. Decide it's probably in the laundry hamper even though I swore I put it in the suitcase.
Morning (9:00 AM): Head to Puraran Beach.
- The waves: Massive. Seriously, these things are impressive! I may just sit and watch.
- The surfing: So many incredible surfers. I'm pretty sure I'll chicken out on trying.
- Sunscreen: Apply liberally. Fear extreme sunburn more than fear of drowning. (Okay, maybe not more.)
Late Morning (11:00 AM): Give in to the waves. Get totally wiped out by a wave. Swallow half the ocean. Laugh hysterically at myself for attempting to be cool.
Lunch (1:00 PM): Local karinderya (small, local eatery). Eat something I can't identify. Decide it's delicious anyway. Maybe a little too much garlic.
Afternoon (3:00 PM): Back to the beach! This time, I'm determined to conquer those waves! …Okay, maybe just watch the surfers again.
- Observation: People are so photogenic. I'm not one of them.
- Impression: I'm feeling more comfortable.
Afternoon (5:00 PM): Sunset at the beach. More photos. More awe. The sky does a thing. It glows. It takes my breath away.
Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the penthouse. Successfully cook instant noodles. Celebrate the small victories.
Evening (8:30 PM): Netflix and chill. Actually watch the whole movie this time. Maybe. Snacks.
Day 3: Waterfalls and Questionable Life Choices
Morning (9:00 AM): Finally find my bikini! (It was, of course, in the laundry hamper.) Head to Maribina Falls!
- The trail: Pretty, but also a little treacherous. I nearly trip over a root. Swear loudly.
- The waterfall: Beautiful! So much water! Take a picture. Take another. Try to capture the majesty of the falls. Fail spectacularly.
- The water: Freezing! But refreshing. Dip in! Immediately regret it. But also love it.
Mid-day (12:00 PM): Lunch at the falls. Picnic? More like a hastily-eaten sandwich.
Afternoon (2:00 PM): Head back to the penthouse. Change. Need to check the wifi and the Netflix.
Afternoon (4:00 PM): The Wifi starts going out.
- Panic.
- Try all the tricks.
- Eventually, give up.
- Rant about the internet.
- Go to the closest cafe, with the world's worst coffee, but still work.
Evening (6:00 PM): Eat at the cafe.
Evening (8:00 PM): Stare at the ocean in the dark. The waves, even in the dark, is hypnotic. Question my life choices. Realize my life choices are… well, my life choices. Accept it.
Day 4: Farewell (For Now) and the Bitter-Sweet Goodbye
- Morning (7:00 AM): Wake up. Stare at the ocean one last time. Feel a pang of sadness. I don't want to leave.
- Morning (8:00 AM): Pack. This time, successfully. No missing socks.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Breakfast at the nearby cafe. One last local breakfast.
- Morning (10:00 AM): Check-out. Say goodbye to the penthouse.
- Morning (11:00 AM): Head to the airport.
- Afternoon (12:00 PM): Flight to Manila.
Important notes:
- No promises: This is a loose plan. I might spontaneously decide to spend an entire day eating mangoes. Or get lost. Or fall madly in love with a local. Anything is possible.
- Provisions: Stock up on snacks!
- Mood: Be prepared for ups and downs. This is travel. It's beautiful. It's messy. And that's the point.
- Expectations: Leave them behind. Embrace the chaos.
- Most importantly: Don't forget your sunscreen and a sense of humor. You'll need both.
Okay, Catanduanes, here I come. Wish me luck (and maybe a decent Wi-Fi connection).
Alesta Midtown Fethiye: Your Dream Turkish Escape Awaits!
Catanduanes Oceanfront Penthouse: Ask Away! (Expect Ramblings and Honest Truths)
Okay, Netflix... How's the Netflix *really*? Don't give me the corporate line.
Alright, alright, let's get real about the streaming situation. Yes, there's Netflix. And yes, it's *technically* included. Here's the catch: Catanduanes is beautiful, isolated...which also means the internet is... a *journey*. Think dial-up, but with more ambition. Most nights, I was praying to the WiFi gods just to get an episode of *Derry Girls* without buffering. One night, I swear, I spent 20 minutes staring at the little spinning circle. Twenty minutes! I started contemplating my life choices. Did I *really* need to rewatch the same episode of *Schitt's Creek* for the third time? (The answer, as always, was yes.) So, yeah, Netflix is there. But manage your expectations. Download your shows beforehand if you can. And maybe bring a good book. You *will* have time to read. A LOT of time.
"Unbelievable Views!" Is it *actually* unbelievable? Like, Instagram-worthy?
Okay, on this one, they're not lying. The views *are* pretty damn unbelievable. I mean, you wake up, and BOOM, ocean. Every single damn day. And it's not just the vast expanse of blue, it's the colors! Sunsets that bleed into oranges, pinks, purples… it's like Mother Nature’s on Acid. I took, like, a million photos. Most were blurry (blame the celebratory cocktails), but even the blurry ones were gorgeous. One morning, I swear, I saw a whale breach! I was half asleep, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, and there it was. Just... enormous and majestic. Instagram-worthy? Absolutely. But it's also the kind of beauty that’s better experienced IRL, without the pressure of filters and likes. Just you, the ocean, and maybe a cold beer. Perfection.
About that WiFi... what's the deal? I need to work (kinda).
Look, I *said* it was a journey. I tried to work. I *really* did. I packed my laptop, I planned my deadlines, I imagined productivity. The reality? The WiFi is... temperamental. It works, sometimes. But it's not like you're going to hop on Zoom for an all-day conference call. Think emails, maybe some light browsing when the digital gods are smiling. I actually ended up appreciating the forced disconnect. Suddenly, I was reading books, staring at the ocean, and actually *relaxing*. So, bring your work at your own peril. If you *have* to be connected, maybe explore a local co-working space (if there is one – I didn't look!). Or, you know, just embrace the beauty and leave work behind. Trust me, it's worth it. You'll be way less stressed.
Ok, so the penthouse...what's it actually *like*? Big? Modern? Run-down? Spill the tea!
Okay, the place itself is... nice. Really nice. It's not some gritty, abandoned shack. It’s spacious, clean, and the design is pretty modern… kinda. The kitchen was well-equipped (I cooked! Shock!). The beds were comfy. There was a balcony overlooking... well, you know. The ocean. The bathroom was fine. I swear I remember a washing machine and dryer, which was a godsend after a few days of swimming. It's not the Ritz, but it's definitely comfy and functional. The decor is a bit… utilitarian. It wasn't overly fussy, which I appreciated. No doilies or anything. The best part? The *silence*. Aside from the waves, which is a beautiful lullaby, it was gloriously quiet. You can actually hear yourself think. And that, my friends, is priceless. Just bring your own coffee, the instant stuff wasn't cutting it!
Is everything accessible? Grocery, pharmacy, etc.
Okay, accessibility is... a mixed bag. The penthouse itself is easy enough to navigate. But getting supplies? That's an adventure. There are local shops, but don't expect a huge supermarket with everything you could want. The closest "city" is not around the corner, so plan accordingly. Bring essentials, especially if you have any dietary restrictions. Pharmacies are available, but their selections might be limited. Honestly, part of the charm is getting away from the endless convenience of modern life. Just be prepared to be a little bit more self-sufficient.
Okay, really, what's the *best* thing about staying there? And the *worst*?
The *best*? The views. Hands down. I mean, I could sit and stare at that ocean for hours. Even when it was cloudy and gray. Even when the wind was whipping. The feeling of being so close to nature, disconnected, and just... *there*. That was incredible. It's the kind of escape you don't realize you need until you have it. The *worst*? The internet, obviously. The lack of instant access to... well, everything. But also, and this is a small thing, the mosquitoes. They're *vicious*. Bring bug spray. Seriously. Don't be like me and think, "Oh, I'll be fine." You won't. You'll be dinner. Bug spray, people, bug spray. And maybe a mosquito net.
Would you go back? Be honest!
Hotel Hop Now


Comments
Post a Comment