Bangkok's HOTTEST Hostel: Apartment45 - Your Epic Thai Adventure Awaits!

Bangkok's HOTTEST Hostel: Apartment45 - Your Epic Thai Adventure Awaits!
Apartment45: My Bangkok Backpacking Breakdown (Spoiler: It's HOT!)
Okay, let me be brutally honest. Finding the "perfect" hostel is like searching for a unicorn in a vat of Pad Thai. It's hard. But, after surviving (and thriving!) in the Bangkok heat, I’m here to tell you about Apartment45: Your Epic Thai Adventure Awaits! and, damn, it's close to being that unicorn.
First things first: This place is popular. Book ahead. Seriously. I learned that the hard way. Wandering around sweaty and jet-lagged at 3 AM, desperately trying to find a bed? Not a vibe. But the moment I finally checked in? Relief washed over me like a cold Chang beer on a scorching Bangkok afternoon.
Accessibility & Getting Started (The "Ugh, Flights!" Section):
Getting to Apartment45 is pretty straightforward. They have a decent airport transfer service (worth the extra Baht after your grueling flight, trust me). They got a car park [on-site] and car park [free of charge] for those who drove. Now, I'm not a wheelchair user, but I did notice facilities for disabled guests. It's worth checking specifics on their website, but the fact that they think about accessibility is a huge win. And, of course, having an elevator is a blessing after climbing mountains of stairs in other hostels! It also saves me from getting a coronary from hauling my ridiculously oversized backpack.
Rooms & Amenities: The "Home Away From Home" Factor (Or, My Bed and My Tea)
Alright, real talk about the rooms. I opted for the dorm (budget traveler here!), but even in the shared space, things felt clean. Seriously, a big deal in a city like Bangkok. The beds were comfy. Air conditioning worked a treat (thank the heavens!). The blackout curtains were a lifesaver for those post-Pad Thai naps. I was lucky enough to grab a top bunk, which really felt like my own little fortress of solitude.
They've got all rooms with Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens, and Additional toilet.
A particularly nice touch? Complimentary tea in my room. Nothing quite beats a hot cuppa after a sweaty day exploring temples. And, because I had forgotten my own, the tea was a perfect touch!! They even kept Free bottled water on hand. Nice.
Internet & Staying Connected: No Wi-Fi Worries!
This is crucial, people. I NEED my internet. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms? Check. Internet access – wireless? Check. They've even got Internet access – LAN if you're old school (or need a seriously fast connection). Wi-Fi in public areas? Yep. This hostel gets it. I could send a text. Instagram my delicious food. Research my next adventure. All without losing my mind.
Cleanliness & Safety: Peace of Mind (Even with the Scorpions)
Look, I'm a germaphobe at heart. So, I was thrilled to see Anti-viral cleaning products being used. Daily disinfection in common areas? Yes, please! Rooms sanitized between stays? Double yes! Hand sanitizer everywhere. It's the little things, you know? They even offer Room sanitization opt-out available for those who prefer a more eco-friendly option. They have CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property. The Front desk [24-hour] is always manned. Safety is obviously a priority. (Although, let's be real, I'm still terrified of scorpions. But hey, they can't stop everything.) They have Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Security [24-hour].
Dining, Drinking & Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (And My Stomach!)
Okay, food. This is a big one. Apartment45 does not disappoint. They've got the classic Breakfast buffet. Waffles! Pancakes! Fruit! The works. And the all-important Asian breakfast options. They included Breakfast service and Breakfast [buffet] which is everything a backpacker needs.
The restaurants served up a delicious Asian cuisine and International cuisine. The Coffee/tea in restaurant kept me going (and caffeinated!). My favorite part? The Poolside bar. Sun, swim, cocktail…repeat. Happy hour was a MUST. You can get a Bottle of water at your beck and call. And you can get a Salad in restaurant, which is a nice option.
Services & Conveniences: Smooth Sailing (Kinda)
They offer all the basics: Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Luggage storage (essential!), and Concierge. They had Cash withdrawal and Currency exchange. Cashless payment service is available. Contactless check-in/out?! Genius!
I, personally, was obsessed with their Food delivery. Seriously, after a long day, ordering Pad See Ew straight to my room was pure bliss. They are very well equipped with Essential condiments. and Facilities for disabled guests. The also have Doorman.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Beyond the Temples (and the Hangover)
Let's get real. Bangkok is intense. You need downtime. Apartment45 understands. They have a lovely Swimming pool [outdoor] which is perfect for cooling off. They even had a Pool with view, which is amazing.
For the Kid-Friendly Travelers:
You guessed it. Bangkok can be hectic traveling with your kids!
For the Business Travelers:
Apartment45 also offers a Business facilities, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, and Seminars.
For the Rest of You:
If you are a couple, they have Couple's room which is nice. They also have a Shrine, a Terrace, and Gift/souvenir shop.
My "OMG, I'M NEVER LEAVING" Moment:
Okay, so this happened. I was exhausted, covered in sweat, and craving a massage. I'd been traipsing around temples all day. I wandered into the Spa (yes, they have one!) and they also have a Sauna. I opted for the traditional Thai massage. And, reader, it was divine. They also had a Foot bath, Body scrub, and Body wrap. Afterwards, I floated back to my room, completely zen. Honestly, it was one of the best experiences I've had, ever. Just picture the stress melting away!
My Small Grumbles (Because Perfection Doesn't Exist):
- The dorms can get a little noisy at night. Pack earplugs. (I didn't and regretted it.)
- The coffee at breakfast wasn't the best. But, hey, you're in Thailand! Embrace the street coffee!
- I wish the pool stayed open later. Sometimes, you just want a midnight dip.
The Verdict:
Apartment45 is, hands down, one of the best hostels I've stayed in. It's clean, safe, fun, and has everything you need to make your Bangkok adventure epic. While the imperfections are inevitable, this is the closest hostel to my "unicorn" that I have ever met. I plan on booking it when I come back, that's for sure.
My Final (Completely Unsolicited) Offer:
Book your stay at Apartment45 NOW! The prices are super competitive, especially for the quality you get. I'm talking clean beds, a killer pool, and a bar where you can meet fellow travelers. Forget the soulless hotels and cramped guesthouses. It's a no-brainer. Your Epic Thai Adventure Awaits! Don't be like me and wait, because, trust me, it will be worth it!
Bali's Most Luxurious Escape: Keramas Villa by Sanga Sanga
Alright, strap in, buttercups, because you're about to get a REAL, unfiltered look at my Bangkok adventure, specifically holed up at Apartment45 Hostel. Forget those pristine itineraries you find online – this is the gritty, glorious truth, complete with existential crises fueled by questionable street food and the constant hum of a thousand motorbikes.
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and Pad Thai Pandemonium
- Morning (like, 10 AM? Who knows, jet lag is a beast): Landed in Suvarnabhumi. The air hit me like a wet, warm blanket. Instantly started sweating. My meticulously packed backpack felt like I was carrying a small child. Finding the train was a victory in itself. Pro Tip: Learn a few basic Thai phrases BEFORE you arrive. My "Sawasdee" was apparently delivered with the emotional gravitas of a bored robot.
- Check-in at Apartment45: Okay, the place is cute. Like, Instagram-worthy cute. Clean, bright, dorm room with the promise of air conditioning. Already sweating again. Met a girl named Chloe from… somewhere in England, I think. She was ridiculously tan and radiating an unnervingly chill vibe. Trying to channel that. Failing spectacularly.
- Afternoon (or what felt like afternoon, time is a construct in this heat): Forced myself out to explore. Wandered aimlessly for a bit, overwhelmed by the sensory overload. So. Many. Scooters. Started craving Pad Thai the second I saw a street vendor. And then… the Pad Thai. Oh. My. God. It was an explosion of flavor – sweet, salty, spicy, all weaving together. I ate it so fast, I almost choked. This is going to be a problem. I’m going to become a Pad Thai addict. I can feel it.
- Evening: Regretted the Pad Thai. Briefly. Then, the sugar rush hit. Wandered into a temple - Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn. It was stunning, especially as the sun set, painting the spires with gold. But also, crowded. Like, really crowded. Started muttering about the inherent performativity of tourism under my breath. Decided to embrace the chaos. Got back to the hostel, crashed on my bed, and felt a wave of gratitude wash over me. I'm here.
Day 2: Temples, Taxis, and Tourist-Induced Rage (Mostly Just Exhaustion)
- Morning (9:00 if the screaming children in the next room are to be believed): Tried to be proactive. Ate breakfast at the hostel and joined a walking tour of some of the more famous temples. Wat Pho, with the giant Reclining Buddha. Pretty impressive, but honestly, mostly just focused on how much I wanted to sit down. Met a dude with a neck tattoo that said "Wanderlust" which should give you an idea of the demographic.
- Taxi Troubles: Oh sweet jeebus. The taxis. Negotiating the price felt like a real-life version of The Hunger Games. The drivers either didn't understand English or pretended not to. Ended up paying way too much to get across town. Definitely needed a nap after that ordeal.
- Afternoon: Attempted to visit the Grand Palace. The crowds were biblical. Actually turned around and ran away, my face burning with a mixture of heat and frustration. Found a random little cafe instead that served ridiculously good iced coffee. Sat there and watched the chaos unfold, feeling a strange sense of contentment. The coffee was my new religion.
- Evening: Found a rooftop bar (recommended by Chloe, the chill one). Drinks were expensive, of course. But the view! The twinkling city lights! Sat there contemplating everything - the meaning of life, my questionable life choices, whether I'd have the courage to try that fried scorpion I saw being sold on the street. Decided against the scorpion. Maybe tomorrow. Eventually crashed back at the hostel, muttering about over-stimulation and the need for another Pad Thai.
Day 3: Floating Markets, Failures, and the Zen of a Foot Massage.
- Morning (The Usual suspect hours): Made a HUGE booboo and signed up for a "Floating Market Day Trip". It was awful. Like, truly, profoundly awful. Yes, it was picturesque with the boat rides and the chaos of goods being sold. But it was also crowded. And the boat rides took forever, and the vendors kept trying to sell me things. I spent more time navigating the boat through the narrow channels trying to not get splashed and less time enjoying the surroundings. I did buy a hat though.
- Afternoon: After a massive meltdown, I bailed out of the tour and decided to just wander around the hostel.
- Evening: Found a real gem of a place - a local street food stall. The aroma of spices, the sizzle of food on the griddle, the chaotic energy of the crowd… it was perfect. Had the BEST Tom Yum soup of my life (and a rather questionable-looking chicken skewer). Then… a foot massage. The best part. Absolutely. The. BEST. Took me from being a sweaty ball of tourist-induced anxiety to a state of near-bliss. I nearly fell asleep halfway through. The woman who did the massage was the only person who understood me that day. The only one.
- Night: Back to the hostel, crashed into my bed in blissful, food-coma, and decided that tomorrow, I'm going to embrace the chaos. And maybe try the scorpion. Maybe.
The Ongoing (a.k.a. Next)
So, this is just a snippet. I’ll probably be too busy sweating, eating, losing my mind, and finding moments of unexpected joy to actually keep up with writing. But know this: Bangkok is a rollercoaster. It's dirty, it's loud, it's overwhelming, it's frustrating, and it's absolutely, undeniably magical. I’m still here, still breathing, and still mildly terrified. And, of course, still craving Pad Thai.
Unveiling Chateau Vary: Angers' Hidden Gem (France)
Bangkok's Hottest Hostel: Apartment45 - Seriously, Your Epic Thai Adventure Awaits! (But Seriously, Read This Before You Go!)
Okay, Spill the Tea: What's the Hype About Apartment45 REALLY All About?
Alright, buckle up, because Apartment45 is… well, it’s a vibe. Forget those sterile, boring hostels. Think less “beige and predictable” and more “Bangkok explosion of awesome.” It's basically a giant, buzzing hive of travelers, all fueled by cheap Singha beer and the insatiable desire to eat ALL the street food. I spent nearly a week there. I remember thinking, "Wow. This place is definitely not run by some corporation trying to maximize profits and minimize fun."
Seriously, this place is designed for social butterflies. If you're shy? Good luck! (Just kidding… kinda.) They have a fantastic common area that feels like a constantly evolving party, a rooftop that's perfect for sunset beers, and seriously, the staff? Legends. They're the kind of people who remember your name, know your preferred pad thai vendor, and will happily help you navigate the chaotic beauty of Bangkok. Oh, and I think one of them might actually *be* a legend.
My first night? I was a bit overwhelmed. Jet lag, the humidity, the general sensory overload of Bangkok… I’d just stumbled out of the airport and into this place. Honestly, I just wanted to collapse in bed. But within an hour, I was somehow roped into a game of Cards Against Humanity with a bunch of strangers, and laughing so hard my stomach hurt. And I woke up the next morning hungover, eating a street food breakfast and already planning my next adventure. That pretty much sums up the "hype".
Rooms: Cozy Chaos or Cramped Catastrophe?
Okay, let’s be real: it’s a hostel. Expect to share. And the dorms? They're not the Ritz. But. And this is a BIG but… the beds are comfy enough, the aircon works (thank GOD), and they're clean. I mean, clean enough for a hostel where people are backpacking and, ahem, "living life" – you know, like, partying and stuff. I’ve stayed in places where I wouldn't *dare* touch anything, so I appreciated the effort here! You also meet some incredible people while sharing a room.
The private rooms? Slightly more spacious, if you want that extra slice of personal space. But honestly, if you're spending all your time in your room at Apartment45, you're missing the point! Get out there and mingle! The social aspect is the GOLD here.
My advice? Bring earplugs. And maybe a sleep mask. You'll thank me later when you're trying to get some shut-eye after the rooftop party rages on until 3 AM…
The Rooftop - A Place of Legend? Or Just Another Rooftop?
Oh, the rooftop! It's *the* place to be. Sunset drinks with epic city views. Pre-party drinks before hitting the legendary Khaosan Road. Just chilling, chatting, swapping stories with fellow travelers. And the parties? Yeah, they're pretty epic. I remember one night, it just started to rain. And everyone, I mean everyone, started dancing in the rain. Seriously, it felt like a movie scene. At some point, I was dancing with a guy from Argentina, and we didn't even speak the same language, but we understood each other.
It’s not just a rooftop; it’s a portal. A portal to friendship, bad decisions, and unforgettable memories. Seriously, that’s where I met like, half of my friends on that trip.
Important note: Don't be "that guy" who hogs the railing taking selfies all night. Share the view. Be cool. Be friendly. Remember the rules. Have a good time.
Food, Glorious Food! Is the Hostel Kitchen a Waste of Space?
Honestly? I didn't use the kitchen much. Bangkok is a culinary paradise! Street food is ridiculously cheap and incredibly delicious - why cook? I'm pretty sure I survived on Pad Thai and Mango Sticky Rice for the entire trip. (Don't judge!)
The kitchen is *there*, though. It's fine. You can make your own coffee, toast some bread, maybe whip up a quick breakfast. But honestly, the best meals are found on the street just steps away from the hostel. Seriously, embrace the chaos of the food stalls! Try everything! Be brave! Your stomach will thank you later. (Unless you get food poisoning. Then, um, sorry. But it's *usually* fine.)
Location, Location, Location! Is Apartment45 Convenient?
Totally. It's in a great spot. Close enough to the action of Khaosan Road (party central, you know the drill), but far enough away that you can actually sleep. You can easily walk to a bunch of temples, the Chao Phraya River, and all sorts of cool things.
Tuk-tuks and taxis are readily available. And the BTS Skytrain and MRT subway are a short ride away. Basically, you can get anywhere in Bangkok from Apartment45 relatively easily. And that's a HUGE win! No endless travel times!
Speaking of Khaosan Road… don’t be afraid to check it out, but don’t be intimidated by the madness. It is what it is! It’s also perfectly easy to escape if it gets too much. Just be warned: once you start drinking buckets, things tend to get a little blurry…
The Staff: Angels or Actually Just Super Helpful Humans?
Okay, the staff? They’re amazing. Seriously, they’re the heart and soul of the place. They're not just desk jockeys; they're like your friendly neighborhood Thai adventure guides. They’ll help you book tours, give you insider tips on the best food (seriously, listen to them!), and are generally fantastic at creating a sense of community. I felt like I was staying with friends rather than in a hostel. That’s the big difference.
I had a total travel blunder, completely my fault. I’d lost my passport. (Don't judge!) The staff helped me sort things out. I was a complete mess, and they were patient, understanding, and genuinely concerned. HUGE props to them for saving my rear end! (And my trip!)
Anything I REALLY Need to Know BEFORE I Book?
YES! A few things…
- Earplugs are your best friend. Seriously, pack them. Sleep is a precious commodity. That goes double if you have people snoring in your dorm! Web Hotel Search Site


Comments
Post a Comment