Tokyo's BEST Hostel? Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Review!

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Tokyo's BEST Hostel? Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Review!

Tokyo's BEST Hostel? Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Review! - My Brain Dump After a Bloody Brilliant Stay (and a Few Squeaky Doors)

Alright, folks, let's talk Tokyo. And let's talk hostels. Because if you're like me, a broke-ish traveler who craves the authentic experience, hostels are the way to go. Forget those sterile, soulless hotels – give me a communal kitchen, a chance to chat with someone from literally the other side of the world, and a bed that doesn't cost a month's rent! So, did Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa live up to the hype? Buckle up, because this ain't a polished travel brochure review. This is me, unfiltered, after a stay that was mostly fantastic, with just a teensy sprinkle of "ah, the joys of hostel life."

First Impressions: Location, Location, Location (and the Squeaky Door)

Accessibility? Okay, let's be real. Tokyo ain't the easiest place to navigate if you're mobility-challenged. But Plat Hostel Asakusa gets a thumbs up. It's relatively close to the train station (more on that later!), and the area itself is pretty flat (thank god!), meaning a reasonably smooth ride, plus the hostel is equipped with facility for disabled guests,. It was about a 10 minute walk to the closest station, and the signage was pretty clear…when I wasn't staring at my phone, anyway.

Now, let's talk about the atmosphere. Asakusa itself? Gorgeous. Temple bells, street food, geishas in traditional outfits (yes, really!). The hostel itself? Modern, clean, and with a surprisingly chill vibe. The one little snag? My room. It was a private room (luxury!), but the door…oh, the door. Every time I opened or closed it, it sounded like a banshee wailing. I swear, I woke up in the middle of the night more times than I'd care to admit to that screech! (Note to hostel management: Grease those hinges, friends! It's the only minor blemish in an otherwise fantastic experience.)

Cleanliness and That All-Important Safety Net

Okay, hostel life can get…dicey. Let's be honest. So, Cleanliness and safety are paramount. Plat Hostel Asakusa delivered. The whole place felt spotless, which is HUGE. Sanitization was clearly a priority; they have anti-viral cleaning products. I saw staff constantly wiping down surfaces. Hand sanitizer stations were everywhere, and they even had individually-wrapped food options come breakfast.

And safety? Solid. CCTV in common areas and outside the property. Front desk 24-hour service. Fire extinguishers and smoke alarms dotted around. A first aid kit handy, just in case. This wasn’t just a place to crash; it felt like a safe haven in a crazy, exciting city.

Rooms: My Personal Hideaway (Minus the Squeak!)

I stayed in a private room. HUGE win! The room was basic, but comfortable. Air conditioning (essential in humid Tokyo!), a desk to work from, a comfy bed, and…wait for it… blackout curtains. Sweet, sweet darkness! There was a mini bar, a fridge, a coffee/tea maker (essential). The bathroom was compact but clean, and the toiletries were decent. The only slight issue, as mentioned, was the door. But, hey, sacrifices for privacy, right? The room also had a complimentary bottled water, which was clutch when you're rehydrating after a day of exploring sumo wrestling.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fuelling the Explorer

The hostel has a small, but sufficient, dining area and offers Asian breakfast buffet. They also have a coffee shop, so easy to grab your caffeine fix. I didn't take advantage of the alternative meal arrangments, but I saw a few people at the bar, which looked pretty snazzy, and offered a good variety of drinks. (I was too busy exploring, but maybe next time.)

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter

This hostel gets it. They offer daily housekeeping, laundry service, and luggage storage (essential for pre and post-travel adventures!). They have a safe deposit box so you don’t lose your precious belongings in a communal dorm. There's a convenience store nearby (because 7-Elevens are basically temples in Japan), and they even have a currency exchange. The staff was friendly, helpful, and spoke good English. I liked the contact-less check-in/out.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Time to Unwind (or Not!)

While Plat Hostel isn’t a spa resort, it’s within easy reach. After a day of hardcore sightseeing, a foot bath would have been welcome! It might be a missed opportunity, but the hostel is close to public bathhouses.

The Internet – Because, Duh

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes, please! And it worked, which is also awesome. No buffering, no dropped connections. I could update my Insta, plan my next adventure, and annoy my friends with pictures of cherry blossoms (when it was cherry blossom season).

The Whole Shebang: Why You Should Book (and Why You Shouldn't Let a Squeaky Door Ruin Your Day)

So, back to my original question: Is Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa the best hostel in Tokyo? It's bloody well up there. The combination of cleanliness, safety, location, and value is hard to beat. Sure, that squeaky door was a bit of a drag, but honestly, it was a small price to pay for a fantastic stay.

Here’s the Deal: Book It! Seriously!

Here's the Offer to seal the deal:

  • Unbeatable Price: Forget those overpriced hotels! We're talking serious value for money, especially for Tokyo.
  • Prime Location: Right in the heart of Asakusa, a stone's throw away from temples, culture, and delicious food (you NEED to try the street food!).
  • Spotless Cleanliness: The hostel is immaculate, ensuring a comfortable and hygienic stay.
  • Safety First: CCTV, 24-hour front desk, and all the necessary precautions to keep you safe and sound.
  • All the Essentials: Free Wi-Fi, comfortable rooms, and friendly staff.

Limited-Time Offer: Book your stay at Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa in the next 7 days and receive a free welcome drink at the bar!

Bonus Tip: Request a room away from the squeaky door! (But honestly, even if you get stuck with it, you'll survive. The rest of the experience is worth it!)

Escape to Paradise: Your Romantic Bali Pool Villa Awaits!

Book Now

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Okay, buckle up buttercups, 'cause this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is… my itinerary. Tokyo, baby! And it’s all starting from the Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station. Let's see if I can survive this magnificent, overwhelming, and potentially disastrous adventure.

Day 1: Arrival, Jet Lagged Zombie, and Ramen Redemption

  • Time: The world's least precise time. Like, "whenever I wake up and can drag myself out of bed" o'clock. But ideally… late morning.

  • Location: Plat Hostel Keikyu. My temporary sanctuary. Seriously, after a 14-hour flight, this place is a godsend. Clean lines, comfy beds – I haven’t even seen the rest of the room yet, but I'm already in love.

  • Transportation: Mostly shuffling. Maybe a stumble. Definitely grumbling.

  • Activities:

    • 11:00 AM (ish): Wake up. Try to remember my name. Fail. Blame jet lag. Cry a little (okay, a lot). Hydrate. Coffee is a must, even if I have to navigate the vending machine jungle of this hostel.
    • 12:00 PM (ish): Attempt to assemble myself in a presentable state. Brush teeth. Contemplate the moral implications of wearing the same travel outfit for two days straight. Decide against caring.
    • 1:00 PM (ish): Step out of the hostel. The city hits you like a brick. Sensory overload is an understatement. Bright lights, chattering voices, smells I can't identify… I'm basically Bambi on ice. But… I'm alive!
    • 1:30 PM: Ramen Hunt! My first mission. I've been dreaming of authentic Japanese ramen for weeks. Armed with Google Maps and a desperate craving, I stumble toward a highly-rated ramen shop near Senso-ji Temple. (Pro tip: Learn some basic Japanese phrases. Like, "Where is bathroom?" and "I need ramen." It may save you.)
    • 3:00 PM: Ramen Conquered! Oh. My. God. The broth! The noodles! The chashu pork that just melts in your mouth! I might have accidentally inhaled it. I'm pretty sure I licked the bowl. No regrets. Pure, unadulterated ramen bliss.
    • 4:00 PM: Senso-ji Temple. Okay, so I knew this was going to be crowded, but… woah. It's magnificent, though. The architecture is breathtaking, and the incense smoke swirling around creates this otherworldly atmosphere. I bought an omikuji (fortune slip). Apparently, I'm in "average" luck. Perfect. sums my life up!
    • 5:00 PM: Wandering the Nakamise-dori market. Everything and anything to buy. I'm talking everything. Japanese candy, fancy fans, weird snacks, some items I can't figure out what purpose they serve, but it's all fascinating! I picked up a weird fish-shaped bun, even though I wasn't sure what it was. (Spoiler alert: it was delicious.)
    • 7:00 PM: First Major Mistake: Got lost on the way back to the hostel. Wandered around for a solid hour, babbling to myself and starting to question my life choices. Finally, after the desperate use of Google Maps (and several apologies to random people for bumping into them), I managed to find my way back. Exhausted, humbled, and hungry again.
    • 7:30 PM: Collapsed on my bed. Ordered a tonkatsu delivery from the hostel. Ate it in a daze. Seriously delicious. Fell asleep with the lights on.
  • Emotional State: Euphoric (ramen), confused (directions), slightly terrified (getting lost), utterly exhausted. Did I mention jet lag? It’s a real jerk.

Day 2: Shibuya Crossing, Harajuku, and the Pursuit of the Perfect Photo

  • Time: A slightly earlier wake-up time, but let's not kid ourselves. "Morning" is a relative term.

  • Location: Primarily Shibuya and Harajuku areas.

  • Transportation: Train (Tokyo Metro). Pray I don't get lost again.

  • Activities:

    • 9:00 AM: Coffee and frantic guidebook reading. Need to prep for the day. I have a sneaking suspicion Shibuya is going to be insane.
    • 10:00 AM: Brave the Tokyo Metro. Okay, it's crowded. Really crowded. But the system itself is impressively efficient and organized. So, I guess that's something.
    • 11:00 AM: Shibuya Crossing! Whoa. Just… woah. The sheer volume of people is overwhelming. I spent a good five minutes mesmerized, just watching the flow of humanity. It's like a choreographed dance. I took a million photos. They probably all look the same.
    • 12:00 PM: Coffee break at a cafe – people watching is my sport. I need the caffeine.
    • 1:00 PM: Harajuku. Prepare for cuteness overload. Takeshita Street is a riot of colorful fashion, crepe shops, and enough fluffy accessories to make your head spin. I'm talking rainbow cotton candy, giant ice cream cones, stores full of anime merchandise, and so much pink. It's pure, unadulterated fun.
    • 2:00 PM: I must find the perfect photo. The perfect Instagram shot. Am I a tourist? Yes. Do I care? Nope. I try to take a photo of the famous Takeshita Street but am nearly run over by a group of giggling teenagers.
    • 3:00 PM: Found a cat cafe! I'm a sucker for cats, so I was in heaven. Snuggling with fluffy felines while sipping green tea? Pure bliss. This alone justified the trip. Worth every yen.
    • 4:00 PM: Back to the Shibuya. I wander around the shopping district. Found some items that I am in love with.
    • 7:00 PM: Dinner in Shibuya. More food.
    • 8:00 PM: Stumbled upon a Karaoke bar! Had a blast!
  • Emotional State: Overwhelmed (in the best way), slightly sugar-crazed, still a little lost, but embracing the chaos.

Day 3: Tsukiji Outer Market, Ghibli Museum (if I'm lucky), and Farewell to Tokyo (for now!)

  • Time: The very early bird gets the worm (and the freshest sushi).

  • Location: Tsukiji Outer Market, potentially Ghibli Museum (tickets are a precious commodity!), and then back to the hostel.

  • Transportation: Train, possibly lots of walking.

  • Activities:

    • 6:00 AM: Wake up (with immense reluctance).
    • 7:00 AM: Tsukiji Outer Market! This is serious food business. The energy is incredible; the smell of fresh seafood is intoxicating. I line up for sashimi. I ate like a king.
    • 9:00 AM: Tea time and a chance to sit. The early morning is starting to catch up with me.
    • 10:00 AM: Heading to the Ghibli Museum.
    • (Hopefully) 11:00 AM: Crossing my fingers this ticket is valid. The museum will be amazing. It’s a world of whimsy and magic. (If I made a reservation, I'm set. If not… back to the drawing board)
    • 1:00 PM: More eating. More exploration.
    • 3:00 PM: Time to face real life
    • 4:00 PM: Packing and saying goodbye to the lovely Plat Hostel Keikyu
    • 6:00 PM: Head to the airport and ponder my perfect trip
  • Emotional State: Sad to leave, happy to come home, and stuffed with delicious food. Already planning my return.

Unbelievable Perlis Getaway: SH Homestay Kangar Awaits!

Book Now

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa: The Unvarnished Truth (and My Brain's Take!)

So, is Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa any good? Like, *really* good?

Okay, let's be real. "Good" is subjective. But after spending a week there? Look, it's *definitely* a solid choice for budget travelers in Tokyo. It's not the Ritz, folks. You *will* be sharing a room with strangers. You *will* hear the delightful symphony of snoring at 3 AM. But... (and this is a big BUT) it's clean, well-located, and actually *not bad* for making friends. More on the "not bad" later, because, oh boy, did I have a *moment* with the communal kitchen...

Location, Location, Location! Is it actually *close* to everything?

YES! (deep breath). Asakusa is amazing. Seriously, the Senso-ji Temple is practically spitting distance. Like, roll-out-of-bed-and-you're-there close. And the train station? Right there! (Thank goodness, because my sense of direction is... a work in progress. I once got lost in a parking lot. True story.) The Keikyu line gets you to and from Haneda Airport SUPER easily. Bonus points for being a short walk from some seriously good ramen shops. My stomach approves.

What's the vibe like? Is it a party hostel or more chill?

More chill, definitely. Think "respectfully social." People are friendly, mostly. There's a common area where you can (and should!) chat, but it's not a full-on rave. I saw a few people huddled over laptops (working, the nerds!), groups playing board games (I almost joined a game of Catan - I'm a terrible strategist), and some folks just, you know, existing. Which is fine. One night, some Australian blokes were absolutely belting out karaoke in their room (through the thin walls, of course! I swear they didn't sleep for 7 days). Hilarious, but a bit rude, come to think of it.

The Rooms! What's the deal with sleeping in a dorm?

Okay, the dorm rooms are, well, dorm rooms. They’re clean, that's major. Each bed has its own little curtain, which is GOLD. Seriously, that curtain saved my sanity. You can hide from the world (and the snoring, and the late-night phone conversations). The beds themselves are comfy enough. Storage space is… adequate. Prepare to live out of a suitcase. And learn to love earplugs. (Invest in good ones. Trust me.) The first night I stayed in dorm, the person next to me sounded like a dying walrus with a nasty cold. I almost strangled them. Just kidding! Mostly.

The Bathrooms: Shared bathrooms...eeek! Is it a disaster?

Nope! Surprisingly, no. The bathrooms were always clean. *Always*. The showers have decent water pressure (a HUGE win). They provide shampoo and body wash, which is handy. My only complaint? Sometimes, there's a queue. But honestly, it was never a deal-breaker. Just plan your shower time strategically. Avoid the morning rush... unless you *like* fighting for a hot shower with ten other bleary-eyed backpackers.

The Kitchen! Can I cook? Is it a culinary battlefield?

Ah, the kitchen. This is where things get *interesting*. It's got the basics - a microwave, hob, a fridge. But it can be… chaotic. My first experience? I walked in expecting a tranquil haven of culinary creativity. What I found was a rogue spaghetti sauce explosion. Someone had clearly attempted to make a gourmet meal, failed spectacularly, and then abandoned the scene of the crime. There was pasta everywhere. I'm talking like, a pasta hurricane. The sink was overflowing with dishes. Honestly, it looked like a food fight had a baby with a natural disaster. This is the moment I learned to be extremely specific with the kitchen utensils I used. The next day? A kind German chap was trying to clean it, bless his heart. The kitchen is basically a gamble. But hey, it's *free*. Bring your own cleaning supplies... and maybe a hazmat suit.

Is it good value for money?

Yes! Absolutely. Tokyo isn't cheap. Finding a clean, well-located hostel for the price of Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa is a win. You're trading luxury for convenience and the chance to meet some awesome people. Also, you save some money for the incredible food in Asakusa. I’m talking sushi, ramen, street food... my wallet (and my waistline) thanked me. Kinda.

Anything I *didn't* like? Be honest!

Okay, REAL TALK. The noise can be an issue if you’re a light sleeper. Those thin walls, I'm telling you. The kitchen situation... yeah, bring your own bleach. Also, some staff members were friendlier than others. It's a minor thing, but it’s good to manage your expectations. I had an awkward encounter with one of the staff, who seemed to be annoyed at my presence (but more likely, she was just tired)! But overall, It’s fine. Not ideal, just fine. The key is managing your expectations. Plus, the good outweighed the bad. Easy fix: invest in earplugs, embrace the chaos, and maybe learn to cook in your own room with a mini-stove (don't do that, actually. Fire hazard. Just kidding... kinda.)

Would you stay there again?

Yes! I absolutely would. (And probably will). It's a great base for exploring Tokyo, for meeting other travellers, and for saving money. Plus, the ramen is good. The location is great. And at the end of the day, it's an experience, not just a stay! Just prepare yourself for the kitchen... and bring some earplugs. Seriously. Please, for the love of all that is holy, bring earplugs.

Hidden Stay

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Plat Hostel Keikyu Asakusa Station Tokyo Japan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog